Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think of a photographer who uses D70 for weddings?

Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    Dudes,
    Let me quote this story my friend, also an avid photographer, once told me about buying expensive gears.

He went to Japan with his wife for their honeymoon and as usual, he brought his gears along. They visited Mount Fuji and when he reached there, he saw this group of Japanese male tourists taking photos of the beautiful scenary with their big guns that money can buy. They were carrying all these big Nikon bags and wearing photographers' vests.

But guess what? The real irony was according to my friend, they were simply standing on one line, the cameras all facing the same direction. In another words, all of them were taking the same picture.

It doesn't matter what gears you have. Sure, everybody wants the best, the fastest, the sharpest camera on the market but c'mon lah, at the speed the digital technology is progressing, you can't have everything on the market.

For photography, it's the skills and your inspiration that still counts. No point carrying a wonderful tool but not knowing how to use it.

Regards,
    -Michelle-
    maybe only 1 main cam and the rest were backup cams becos something once-in-a-life-time is going to happen in that direction?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    maybe only 1 main cam and the rest were backup cams becos something once-in-a-life-time is going to happen in that direction?
    Or maybe they were doing panaroma shots.

okie.. after so many have said and done.. i suppose that may of us have done it been there .. much to my content now that i am going to spill my beans out to all.
    Equipemnt wise .. i felt that it must be up to a certain standards considering the event proper.. of course the better one tends to stand out moore andlast longer in the industry..

Like i said .. i have recently jsut cover my best friends wedding as a backup. i am doing it with my D100 and MD-100.. Sb80 DX and a 8DA.. Lexa memory card and a 19-35 tokina lens in the main ball room with 45 table to cover ..
    Guess what the main photograher came with.. D70 anda SB800. . sigma 18-50 F 2.8.. bounces his flash at 90 deg all the time . use landscape to do portrait shots with people and keep within the F2.8 for everything that he fires at. ... and he tell me that he dun dare to go below 1/60 when the lighting go dark .. whuich in this case i am shooting at 1/30 in the dark mostly .. nothing wrong with the picture after i check on my monitor ..

Again .. i felt , thast taking protiart in a landscape mode is a no no for me cause pple look small if you are taking fuill body and there are too much dead space on both side.. okii .. whatever.. since he is the 'pro' which doesnt really seem to me like one.. i din tell him that and let him continue anyway .. all the best to him.. my friend will know anyway also that ..

In these case of my friends wedding, the person behind the camera is most important.. i must agree.. and i can tell that he doesnt know his equipment well engh, especially when he ask me why do i need the 8DA for ?????? and even so he tell me thgat the ball room is very difficult to take under the different lightling .. """ my goodness"" He is a 'wedding photograher' and he tell me that it difficultt.. hehehe...

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Tell that to the D70 user who was shooting wedding at fullerton that tried hard to conceal his D70 with 18-70DX behind himself as my friends walked past with all the pro bodies and heavy artillery.
    Maybe he worry that someone will snap his photo, than post it here and mock him.

he be afraid.. he will

Tell that to the D70 user who was shooting wedding at fullerton that tried hard to conceal his D70 with 18-70DX behind himself as my friends walked past with all the pro bodies and heavy artillery.
    are you sure he was trying to hide? or you holding you D2X, looking at him thinking he was hiding?

Everyone have our own interpretations of other people's actions (like the cameras in-one-line) He might just be drooling at your heavy equipments at the same time relaxing his back? that's why his hand is behind with the camera? I usually tie the camera to my hand so the camera has to go where my hand goes.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by Luval
    even so he tell me thgat the ball room is very difficult to take under the different lightling .. """ my goodness"" He is a 'wedding photograher' and he tell me that it difficultt.. hehehe...
    he tell you it's "difficult" to make his job look 'tough' and he has the skill to do it..
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

okie.. after so many have said and done.. i suppose that may of us have done it been there .. much to my content now that i am going to spill my beans out to all.
    There are many skill levels of amateur photographers, so are the same as professional photographers.

Can I say if because one amateur doesn’t know what is Sunny 16, my conclusion is all amateurs doesn’t not what is Sunny16?

If he told you he is doing this for many years, I’m sure he’ll keep on hentak kaki.

don't quite get it,
    am trying to do wedding for a living,
    still learning after shooting scores of wedding,
    yet i see so many replies here saying-

i was shooting for xxx, they prefer my pics to the pros...blah, blah blah.

r they really so TALENTED or r those
    pros simply crap???

can these gifted wedding photographer post the
    series of pics of a wedding for us(me esp)
    to gauge?? do i belong to the crap league??

don't show 3 or 5 pics,
    something like 30(the PSS standard btw)
    of a single actual day will do just fine.

urs truly,
    CRAPPY

he tell you it's "difficult" to make his job look 'tough' and he has the skill to do it..

but he still doesnt know what to do later .. that going to be funny ....

Deregistered

are you sure he was trying to hide? or you holding you D2X, looking at him thinking he was hiding?

Everyone have our own interpretations of other people's actions (like the cameras in-one-line) He might just be drooling at your heavy equipments at the same time relaxing his back? that's why his hand is behind with the camera? I usually tie the camera to my hand so the camera has to go where my hand goes.
    I was just looking at the couple, just envious of him able to shoot a wedding but he probably just misunderstood we're staring

He was 'relaxing' alright, he kept turning his body to face us with his camera all the way behind. There wasn't D2X at that time but there was D2H.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by judeseah
    don't quite get it,

pros simply crap???

can these gifted wedding photographer post the
    series of pics of a wedding for us(me esp)
    to gauge?? do i belong to the crap league??

don't show 3 or 5 pics,
    something like 30(the PSS standard btw)
    of a single actual day will do just fine.

urs truly,
    CRAPPY
    When I start shooting weddings, I post for you, 'k?

don't quite get it,

pros simply crap???
    Relex lar, if they r good, they will do it fulltime, when they do fulltime, you see how long the last, 3 years later he/she still there, he/she will talk same way like you and me liao.

well dude, i do wedding photography part time. and i use d70. wht matters most is, the fotographer's ability to master the controls in his camera, his style, ideas, and of cus, final product. no point using a high end dslr or mid range, if one doesnt know how to utilise its maximum. i hope i answer ur qns well...

Are u guys jeering at him or what?
    Personally i felt it will be very hard not to notice heavy firearms when they appear hehee
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

Equipemnt wise .. i felt that it must be up to a certain standards considering the event proper.. of course the better one tends to stand out moore andlast longer in the industry..

Like i said .. i have recently jsut cover my best friends wedding as a backup. i am doing it with my D100 and MD-100.. Sb80 DX and a 8DA.. Lexa memory card and a 19-35 tokina lens in the main ball room with 45 table to cover ..
    Guess what the main photograher came with.. D70 anda SB800. . sigma 18-50 F 2.8.. bounces his flash at 90 deg all the time . use landscape to do portrait shots with people and keep within the F2.8 for everything that he fires at. ... and he tell me that he dun dare to go below 1/60 when the lighting go dark .. whuich in this case i am shooting at 1/30 in the dark mostly .. nothing wrong with the picture after i check on my monitor ..

Again .. i felt , thast taking protiart in a landscape mode is a no no for me cause pple look small if you are taking fuill body and there are too much dead space on both side.. okii .. whatever.. since he is the 'pro' which doesnt really seem to me like one.. i din tell him that and let him continue anyway .. all the best to him.. my friend will know anyway also that ..

In these case of my friends wedding, the person behind the camera is most important.. i must agree.. and i can tell that he doesnt know his equipment well engh, especially when he ask me why do i need the 8DA for ?????? and even so he tell me thgat the ball room is very difficult to take under the different lightling .. """ my goodness"" He is a 'wedding photograher' and he tell me that it difficultt.. hehehe...
    i shot portraits using landscape mode as i have to present
    my album to client in that manner.
    though lately i will about 6-8 pics an album
    in portrait 6R filling the space of 2 4Rs.
    guess this is very individual.
    u can always fill in interesting things
    for the vast emptiness which is not difficult in a ballroom.

btw, setting usually is 1/30 f6.3 ISO 800.
    but again, its up to individual.
    maybe his hand not stable as he drank too much coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by jnet6
    no doubt... slides are better..(but $$)
    hehe..
    Not really ex lah, cos u save on the film camera body mah
    It will only become ex in the long run though
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

Quote Originally Posted by edrizal
    well dude, i do wedding photography part time. and i use d70. wht matters most is, the fotographer's ability to master the controls in his camera, his style, ideas, and of cus, final product. no point using a high end dslr or mid range, if one doesnt know how to utilise its maximum. i hope i answer ur qns well...

Yes, you did answers his qns....don't know number how many person liao.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Relex lar, if they r good, they will do it fulltime, when they do fulltime, you see how long the last, 3 years later he/she still there, he/she will talk same way like you and me liao.
    yes, bro shifu.
    but cannot relax,
    tomo shooting some event thats very important,
    thats why still can't sleep.

i shot portraits using landscape mode as i have to present
    maybe his hand not stable as he drank too much coffee?
    Actually hor, I only come to one conclusion after reading his post.

His gears, his experience, and his shots is better the pro, so he can start charging money liao.

Good lor. Than next time he better shoot nicer, if not knna shoot by an amateur until no one piece good.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast