View Poll Results: Do u think ur career will have an impact on how u view things?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

103 87.29%
  • No

15 12.71%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Occupation and outlook on life

Default Occupation and outlook on life

Do u guys feel that ur choice of career (even if u're unemployed) would have an impact and influence on how u view current affairs and other things in life (including personal opinions)?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

yes... i believe everybody even brought up together with the same characteristics will have a different feel to each & every event that takes place... and every body see things from different angles, hence we tend to make our own deductions based on the angle we view them from, and most likely will be advantageous to each individual.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Yes, after about 8 years in IT, all my friends (except those in IT) commented that my thinking is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by togu
    Yes, after about 8 years in IT, all my friends (except those in IT) commented that my thinking is weird.
    I'm also in IT and sometimes I over-analyze things. Trying to quit IT and shift to photography and start appreciating the superficial side of things.

No, no! The view one has over the general world has strong influence over his/her career, not vice versa.

Hmm.... My perception of the world changed entirely after I started working....

Yes, IT type characters look at pictures differently.

Yeah, I observed that too amongst few of my IT frens.

Haha me too. Have been in IT for more than 10 years. I am so IT oriented that now I even reboot my camera . Frankly I wish I can give up IT. Enough of stress for me.

Hi.

I suppose it works both ways ...

Deregistered

I'm also in IT, wanna get out of it and do something else (apart from photography).

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I'm also in IT, wanna get out of it and do something else (apart from photography).

Like find a job in GL??

You can surf CS while waiting for clients...

Quote Originally Posted by jbma
    Haha me too. Have been in IT for more than 10 years. I am so IT oriented that now I even reboot my camera . Frankly I wish I can give up IT. Enough of stress for me.
    Heh, we can start a poll "How many IT slaves here want to change their profession" or something...

* togu raise his hands, legs, and d***....

My world view has integrated with aspects of life that i picked up over the course of work. It further changed when i started pursuing a degree. Everything I learned has the potential to change how i view things in life.

For example, I'm an easy going person by nature. So I'm not a hard ass at work. But i am stubborn as well, and my work has taught me that sometimes talking things over is much better than forcing your views across. My occupation also opens my eyes to many things I never knew existed in the world. All the suffering, anguish and problems that people have are suddenly opened up like a big oozing sore. It's hard not to change after that. One wld have to be robot.

Then I started doing a degree in psychology... that also gave me more valuable insights into the spice of life, especially how and why people behave the way they do. I make more allowances for people these days.

Deregistered

Like find a job in GL??

You can surf CS while waiting for clients...

Seems like everyone wants to give up on IT... oh well, me too...

Heh, we can start a poll "How many IT slaves here want to change their profession" or something...

* togu raise his hands, legs, and d***....

no need to poll, the answer is obvious

i am in IT too ...

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper

i am in IT too ...
    Hmm... My outlook and perception of this world changed entirely after work.

Seems that this world's heading a straight road for disaster. I'll prolly jump in joy the day I see Planet Earth vanish frm da Solar System.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper

i am in IT too ...
    In IT, to be successful you become team leader, then project manager, then IT manager... the reason you went to IT is the love of programming but success keeps you away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Seems that this world's heading a straight road for disaster. I'll prolly jump in joy the day I see Planet Earth vanish frm da Solar System.
    Umm... how and where will you jump?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast