Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 394

Thread: D810 - OFFICIAL THREAD

  1. #181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ivanlimab View Post

    I'm not sure bro. Hence was trying to seek some confirmation from Bro Alfie's advice cos I was told NSC has provided a 8gb card + bag as freebies..

    Any D810 buyers/owners can advise?
    Here's the freebies. ..


    Name:  ForumRunner_20140721_185759.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  32.9 KB

  2. #182

    Default Re: D810 - OFFICIAL THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by slow trekker View Post
    Here's the freebies. ..


    Name:  ForumRunner_20140721_185759.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  32.9 KB
    Thanks bro!!!
    Waiting fri nite ;-)

  3. #183

    Default Re: D810 - OFFICIAL THREAD

    This bag is a joke. I put in 70-200+17-55+D810,
    When I lift up it opens. The 2 buttons to secure it too weak. Nikon sell high performance & heavy camera but give free gift that is slow memory card and weak bag.

  4. #184
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,085

    Default Re: D810 - OFFICIAL THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by ztsen View Post
    This bag is a joke. I put in 70-200+17-55+D810,
    When I lift up it opens. The 2 buttons to secure it too weak. Nikon sell high performance & heavy camera but give free gift that is slow memory card and weak bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by slow trekker View Post
    Here's the freebies. ..


    Name:  ForumRunner_20140721_185759.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  32.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfive View Post
    Will get one at Christmas time when its selling for $3550-3600 without the useless freebies (8gb card is shameful for large file size camera!) and totally bug free.
    Crappy Freebies.... maximum price. = Suckers for marketing !
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  5. #185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ztsen View Post
    This bag is a joke. I put in 70-200+17-55+D810,
    When I lift up it opens. The 2 buttons to secure it too weak. Nikon sell high performance & heavy camera but give free gift that is slow memory card and weak bag.
    That's why mine is still all wrapped up in the original plastic.

  6. #186
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    553

    Default Re: D810 - OFFICIAL THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by ztsen View Post
    This bag is a joke. I put in 70-200+17-55+D810,
    When I lift up it opens. The 2 buttons to secure it too weak. Nikon sell high performance & heavy camera but give free gift that is slow memory card and weak bag.
    if the strap breaks, you need to buy new gear from them :3

  7. #187
    Senior Member lunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,656

    Default Re: D810 - OFFICIAL THREAD

    I think the marketing isn't 'tech' savvy...or they just want to clear away dated premiums...How can Nikon give such a memory card when you purchased a D810?

    I also presume that the person in charge suggesting this promo isn't a photographer or doesn't know the specs & prowess of the D810.
    Nikon D300 | D800 - my flickr!

  8. #188

    Default Re: D810 - OFFICIAL THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkersNg View Post
    if the strap breaks, you need to buy new gear from them :3
    that the real intent of Nikon, new Camera must buy new lens else how to make how to match the power of D810... haha

  9. #189
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lunas View Post
    I think the marketing isn't 'tech' savvy...or they just want to clear away dated premiums...How can Nikon give such a memory card when you purchased a D810?

    I also presume that the person in charge suggesting this promo isn't a photographer or doesn't know the specs & prowess of the D810.
    its prob assumed to be just so can use out of box;for new pg especially, together with a bag..much like if u buy a printer they package with ink and often a photo paper sample inside..lol

    in tht case 8gb too large already..keekee
    Last edited by saberlancer; 22nd July 2014 at 02:21 PM.

  10. #190

    Default Re: D810 - OFFICIAL THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by lunas View Post
    I think the marketing isn't 'tech' savvy...or they just want to clear away dated premiums...How can Nikon give such a memory card when you purchased a D810?

    I also presume that the person in charge suggesting this promo isn't a photographer or doesn't know the specs & prowess of the D810.
    I would want to think that NSC wanna clear old freebie stock. Indeed D810 should not be given such pathetic gifts given the camera's capabilities and to assume that giving us these gifts would satisfy our needs would be a mockery to us.. But then, wld we be happy if they don't give any? Plus pple who use D810 would probably have a powerful array of 'ammunition' (lens, SD cards, bags etc etc) :-)

    For me, I would probably use the bag for my boy who wld be using my old DSLR. For the lousy SD card, I would probably put into my in-car camera... :-) :-)

  11. #191
    Senior Member lunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,656

    Default Re: D810 - OFFICIAL THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by ivanlimab View Post
    I would want to think that NSC wanna clear old freebie stock. Indeed D810 should not be given such pathetic gifts given the camera's capabilities and to assume that giving us these gifts would satisfy our needs would be a mockery to us.. But then, wld we be happy if they don't give any? Plus pple who use D810 would probably have a powerful array of 'ammunition' (lens, SD cards, bags etc etc) :-)

    For me, I would probably use the bag for my boy who wld be using my old DSLR. For the lousy SD card, I would probably put into my in-car camera... :-) :-)
    That's a nice way of looking it
    Nikon D300 | D800 - my flickr!

  12. #192

    Default Re: D810 - OFFICIAL THREAD

    to those who have bought this, please do post your takes here.
    And also share your experience/reviews on this camera ... thanks

  13. #193
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    521

    Default Re: D810 - OFFICIAL THREAD

    Everyone was excited initially abt SRAW, but so far everything I've read about it has been disappointing...
    9mp is too sml, not even 'same' raw..
    Waiting for more reviews..
    Last edited by saberlancer; 23rd July 2014 at 10:47 AM.

  14. #194

    Default Re: D810 - OFFICIAL THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by x0tiq View Post
    to those who have bought this, please do post your takes here.
    And also share your experience/reviews on this camera ... thanks
    Coming from a D600 (not a D800/800E), its a huge jump in performance and quality. ISO 12800 is usable (Not great, but since i'm running the camera thru its paces now, I'll push and see what level I will set it at for actual shoots). When scaled down to 16MP, you really can't tell the noise. (I.e. when compared to a DF/A7s/D4s performance)
    Liveview is definately better - I shot a video at ISO6400 and was happy with the results. Focusing was snappier, and I can now change aperture (d600 can't) in liveview.

    my review/experience will differ from you guys who already have the 800/800e

    Quote Originally Posted by saberlancer View Post
    Everyone was excited initially abt SRAW, but so far everything I've read about it has been disappointing...
    9mp is too sml, not even 'same' raw..
    Waiting for more reviews..
    SRAW is not getting me much speed advantage (I was hoping that with SRAW, i can burst for longer.. but its not getting much speed advantage for me. Using Extreme Pro 160mb/s CF card)

  15. #195

    Default Re: D810 - OFFICIAL THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    SRAW is not getting me much speed advantage (I was hoping that with SRAW, i can burst for longer.. but its not getting much speed advantage for me. Using Extreme Pro 160mb/s CF card)
    what do you mean burst for longer?? Or you meaning you hoping to get more fps using SRAW?

  16. #196

    Default Re: D810 - OFFICIAL THREAD

    @ alfie - thanks for that short review. BTW you bought this camera sorely for stills or vids?

    I understand that it has zebra strips for focusing while vids capturing.
    How does it works? To compare to focus peaking, which one is easier to operate

    Apart from wifi, NFC, tagging or functions that are not needed in a camera, it seems, to me, this D810 has everything.
    If I'd buy this camera, this will be my last. I don't know bout you guys but I think this camera will last very long .......
    Last edited by x0tiq; 24th July 2014 at 01:55 AM.

  17. #197

    Default Re: D810 - OFFICIAL THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by x0tiq View Post
    @ alfie - thanks for that short review. BTW you bought this camera sorely for stills or vids?

    I understand that it has zebra strips for focusing while vids capturing.
    How does it works? To compare to focus peaking, which one is easier to operate

    Apart from wifi, NFC, tagging or functions that are not needed in a camera, it seems, to me, this D810 has everything.
    If I'd buy this camera, this will be my last. I don't know bout you guys but I think this camera will last very long .......
    Hi, I'm buying this for stills. Video is just a backup option. At least now video is more usable.

    Zebra strips is not for focus its for highlights. It shows which area of your video is overexposed. Focusing is still by eyeball :P

    Wifi is the only thing that is more expensive. You cant use the cheap usb-wifi thingy on the D810 like the D600/D7100 (which i had). The wifi option is a lot more expensive. I'm using eye-fi card for wifi now. Accessories are different for D800/D800E/D810, it uses 10pin nikon instead of usb-nikon.

    Its a great 'final' camera.. the best you can get from Nikon unless you go pro (Nikon d4s, etc.. which I never liked for the built in vertical grip)

    Of course, it will never be your last, technology moves. But If you're moving up from a D7100/D600 like me, its a huge jump in performance and quality. If you're moving up from D800/D800E, its not that much of a jump in performance. I'll say wait for a D900 if you're a D800/D800E owner.

  18. #198

    Default Re: D810 - OFFICIAL THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by NiteWind View Post
    what do you mean burst for longer?? Or you meaning you hoping to get more fps using SRAW?
    FPS is 'capped' out by camera at 6fps. I was hoping to burst at 6fps for longer before the buffer fills up. Unless I'm shooting jpegs, I can't keep going at 6fps. (I don't use this function much, so its just a 'want') With SRAW, I can burst at 6fps for just a few seconds longer then I would with normal RAW.

  19. #199
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,458

    Default Re: D810 - OFFICIAL THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by x0tiq View Post
    If I'd buy this camera, this will be my last. I don't know bout you guys but I think this camera will last very long .......
    I dunno bro..... was telling myself the same thing when I bought my first dslr donkey years ago....... but somehow things just got a bit "out of control" after that..... ......... now i am only holding on to the OMD..... but got a weird feeling things gonna change.....

  20. #200

    Default Re: D810 - OFFICIAL THREAD

    Looking at the price of the D810 at $39xx, and the new D800E at about the same range (not sure current price), which one should an upgrade of D600 choose? Or is it really a no brainer to get the D810?

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •