Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Unrealistic buyers and sellers.

  1. #21

    Default

    Not that i am a low baller but I am very disgusted by people who use very rude statements in their advert to prevent low ballers from contacting them. This should how uncivilised a person is. I mean you don't have to stoop to the level of the low ballers right? When I see such adverts I become very turned off and probably won't want to contact the seller even though I could match the price.

    There are also sellers who quoted strange enough high price hoping to rip people off. Their selling price for a very used product sometimes is as good as a new set. E.g. just a few months ago I saw people selling >1yr old sigma 17-50 os for around 550? They reasoned that they bought close to $1000 previously. But who cares?
    Last edited by sin77; 28th June 2014 at 10:15 AM.
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    553

    Default Re: Unrealistic buyers and sellers.

    Then there's always those selling at prices nearly equal to a brand new local set

  3. #23

    Default

    Not everyone monitors market prices for gears and not all know about the latest promos etc. So if it's too high just ignore. If the seller doesn't get any response, he/she will realize maybe price is too high etc.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sin77 View Post
    Not that i am a low baller but I am very disgusted by people who use very rude statements in their advert to prevent low ballers from contacting them. This should how uncivilised a person is. I mean you don't have to stoop to the level of the low ballers right? When I see such adverts I become very turned off and probably won't want to contact the seller even though I could match the price.

    There are also sellers who quoted strange enough high price hoping to rip people off. Their selling price for a very used product sometimes is as good as a new set. E.g. just a few months ago I saw people selling >1yr old sigma 17-50 os for around 550? They reasoned that they bought close to $1000 previously. But who cares?
    Its free market play.

    When the sellers are not getting any calls or responses, naturally they will lower price later.

    Its all about finding the right price for both parties.

    Same goes to selling property. Owner asking for this price, agent not getting calls from buyers. V soon, u will see the price lower in next advertisement, until buyers become interested to even walk in and see.

    The name of this staring game is "see who blinks first"

  5. #25
    Member Bukitimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,261

    Default Re: Unrealistic buyers and sellers.

    Part of the fun in buying pre-owned item is the bargaining and the feel of having a good deal beside not having to pay the full price for the item. CS do have an avenue for seller to state that price is non negotiable if that is something very important to the seller.

    Unless the buyer keeps calling or texting despite seller rejecting him, negotiation is healthy in my opinion. I have purchased many items here and I don't have any issues with those purchases. What I don't like is people who back out last minutes and changes their mind. It is wasting everyone times. If you are not sure, tell the buyer/seller you will only decide when you meet and see the item. If such arrangement is not agreeable, then call off the deal. No point being not happy after a purchase or sale. It is a happy occasion.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Part of the fun in buying pre-owned item is the bargaining and the feel of having a good deal beside not having to pay the full price for the item. CS do have an avenue for seller to state that price is non negotiable if that is something very important to the seller.

    Unless the buyer keeps calling or texting despite seller rejecting him, negotiation is healthy in my opinion. I have purchased many items here and I don't have any issues with those purchases. What I don't like is people who back out last minutes and changes their mind. It is wasting everyone times. If you are not sure, tell the buyer/seller you will only decide when you meet and see the item. If such arrangement is not agreeable, then call off the deal. No point being not happy after a purchase or sale. It is a happy occasion.
    so well said... it's the spirit afterall

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    347

    Default Re: Unrealistic buyers and sellers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Part of the fun in buying pre-owned item is the bargaining and the feel of having a good deal beside not having to pay the full price for the item. CS do have an avenue for seller to state that price is non negotiable if that is something very important to the seller.

    Unless the buyer keeps calling or texting despite seller rejecting him, negotiation is healthy in my opinion. I have purchased many items here and I don't have any issues with those purchases. What I don't like is people who back out last minutes and changes their mind. It is wasting everyone times. If you are not sure, tell the buyer/seller you will only decide when you meet and see the item. If such arrangement is not agreeable, then call off the deal. No point being not happy after a purchase or sale. It is a happy occasion.
    Bukit Timah,

    It is not the feeling having a good deal and not "paying a good price". It is the ability to afford them. To me paying a good price is to buy online or from overseas.
    Despite saying this, I do appreciate those sellers who I have approached. The reason I did not buy because I did not know who to manage the "defects" If I know the solutions, I would buy them and continue to enjoy taking photos with the gears.

    EisMann

  8. #28

    Default Re: Unrealistic buyers and sellers.

    To me , CS is a great place to sell cameras n lens, comparing to places like carousell.

    There r lowballer asking for 50% discount from ur selling price. Amazing
    D800E / Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 / 150-600 Tamron

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Tan View Post
    To me , CS is a great place to sell cameras n lens, comparing to places like carousell. There r lowballer asking for 50% discount from ur selling price. Amazing
    So many low ballers here lah. There is no need to get angry. Either u reply or just ignore it. I have my ways to deal with them..lol
    And also sometimes low ballers really low ball themself and don't even dare to commit the deal at their own asking price..they just ask for fun.
    Maybe they can't believe the deal is too good to be true themself.
    Last edited by Turbonetics; 29th June 2014 at 09:12 PM.

  10. #30
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Unrealistic buyers and sellers.

    TS has not returned beyond the day he started this thread. I guess almost everyone has said their piece. Time to move on.

    The "problems" in BnS will never go away. Just learn to ignore what you do not desire and focus on real serious buyers/sellers. After a while, you will know by feeling.

    Thread closed.

    Some more reminders...

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1169183
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=959649
    Last edited by daredevil123; 29th June 2014 at 09:45 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •