Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do people keep fierce dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    You mean, you take a bath in the same water AFTER the dog has been washed?

HS
    Hey dude, u ever bathed a dog?

A doggie shaking the water can cause water droplets to fly as far as 10ft. Not to mention, dogs somehow exlude this natural 'smell' when water touches them. Doggie shampoo too have this 'smell'. Hmm....
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by Ansel
    I am not sure, but based on reported *incidents*, I think I have never heard of a chiwawa seriously injuring anyone to make the news, but I have read, several times, pit-bulls seriously and even fatally wounding a human victim.

The pit-bull doesn't just look fierce. It *is* fierce. It is it's nature to be fierce. It is for a purpose. It is innocent.

But do you really have to keep a pit-bull as pet, and put yourself and the community at risk? That's my question right from the start.
    That's simply because a CHH biting and causing injury is less severe than the attck of a pittie.

Also, from a journalistic point of view, and journalists and publications depend on sales figures to justify their existance, a sensational storey about a pit or rottie attacking carries much more sensationalsim than the storey of a CHH biting someone. Frankly, you hardly hear stories about common mongrel attacking and savaging a human even though I suspect that in rural areas, this occurs far more frequently ... why? Because a mongrel carries far less importance aqnd value than a 2K imported pure bred fighting dog.

I can't quite imagine the headlines ever reading: "Boy attacked by kampung dog!" getting the same amount of sensationalism (AND SALES) as a headline reading: "Rich property owner's fighting dog tries to kill 11 year old boy!".

The main problem, I feel, is not that these breeds are a problem in themselves, but that most people are not in a position of knowledge, nor responsibility to ever keep certain breeds.

In that respect, and for the safety of the public, and more so, the well being of the dogs in question, I am glad that certain (not all) bans or restrictions exist.

IMHO, most Jack Russel owners are not equipped nor prepared to rear such dogs, and that's why you see so many problematic Jacks around, and so many abandoned dogs.

This is a problem that is rife, not just in our country, but in many others as well.

No doubt, there are many other points of ethical and responsible animal ownership I haven;t even mentioned; this would take too long, and has already been lengthily discussed repeatedly in many diffrent dog forums.

There are tons of forums discussing bans of certain dog breeds. Do some research if you feel you really want to know more.

You mean, you take a bath in the same water AFTER the dog has been washed?

HS
    No. Only the same soap.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Hey dude, u ever bathed a dog?

A doggie shaking the water can cause water droplets to fly as far as 10ft. Not to mention, dogs somehow exlude this natural 'smell' when water touches them. Doggie shampoo too have this 'smell'. Hmm....
    Hi dudely..... What is the meaning of dude anyway, sounds so alien to me...... No, I never bathed a dog, as I don't like to keep animals.......let them be free! :-) HS

... No, I never bathed a dog, as I don't like to keep animals.......let them be free! :-) HS
    No, they won't be free; just someone else's pet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123