Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to get good consumer Walkie Talkie

hahahaa.. anti jaming... but the antenna.. is like fishing rod rite.....

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    hahahaa.. anti jaming... but the antenna.. is like fishing rod rite.....
    which radio antenna isn't like a fishing rod?

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    which radio antenna isn't like a fishing rod?
    the ones used on the crew of Enterprise. just touch the badge and can talk liao. No antenna and no big batteries.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Hi all,
    Basically there are 2 types of radios. 1)FRS, (family radio service) half watt, tested range ard 1km. 2) GMRS (general mobile radio service) this type of radio have a higher out of 5watts, tested ard 2km on NS highway. All this radio are illegal to use in S'pore. All work on UHF 460mhz which is also know as cittizen band in Spore since last year, it's FM much more clearer than AM. All this radio have 14 to 21channels which some of the feq which is not approve by IDA. So Spore come out with their own version 4 to 5 channels approved feq by IDA but the power is low, know as PMR (under the family of FRS). U get the most 500metres range for this type of radio. Don't trust what is stated on the box of 5km, u will b dissappointed of only 500meter in shopping centre. One thing to note, don't use rechargable battery, alway use alkaline battery, trust me u get better range 'cos this radio work better on 6volts as compare to 4.8volts. Motorola, midland, cobra are good radio, all made in China and Thailand. 4 to 5 km or even islands wide u will need a GMRS radio UHF or VHF with repeater service, which IDA will not approve for local use. Anti jamming, yes, that's why not allow to be use in Spore. GMRS, some of the feq is being use by Indonasia moible phone service, u can hear them talking, if your radio have a high power you can jam up the line. Check ard SLT 2 & 3 floors, have some good set on display. Try to take 1 pc out of the building and talk to the sale guy. Good set should be able to reach OG building.
    Cheers.

first thing come to my mind is motorola

Hi all,

I know of 3 model in the market.

1. Shiro SA1100
    2. HYT TC1688
    3. Motorola Talkabout T6226

I had tested HYT it appears to be OK. It comes with ear piece etc. Was supplied by a vendor for testing. But it cost $188 a pair. You need to put in 3 pcs of AA batteries.

Yappy & happy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12