Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: viewing digital photos from CD on TV

  1. #1

    Default viewing digital photos from CD on TV

    i am rather new to digital photography . pardon my ignorance but can someone tell me how i can view my photos which are now on CDs as a slide show on my ordinary [ not flat screen] TV? my TV set is not HD so is there any way i can improve image quality? eg any software or other gadget? many thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    I think you must at least have a vcd/dvd player that can play the jpg files...

  3. #3

    Default

    Unless your VCD/DVD/whatever player allows you to show slideshows straight from the CD, theres no other way unless you have a computer with a graphics card that has a TV/S-Video out. Not sure if there are standalone gadgets for this kinda thing.

  4. #4

    Default

    TV is an output device.

    You need a input device to read your CD and then output to TV. e.g.
    - DVD player ( support JPG display )
    - Laptop/Notebook/PC to TV
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    3,287

    Default

    Use Pro Show Gold and create a slideshow in VCD or DVD format.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    I think you must at least have a vcd/dvd player that can play the jpg files...
    i have a DVD/VCD player that does not seem to work. do i need a special DVd player?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n0d3
    Unless your VCD/DVD/whatever player allows you to show slideshows straight from the CD, theres no other way unless you have a computer with a graphics card that has a TV/S-Video out. Not sure if there are standalone gadgets for this kinda thing.
    i have a vcd/dvd player that does not seem to work. do i need a special player?

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gtan
    do i need a special player?
    Yes, you need a DVD player that support JPG display. Else you have to convert JPG files to DVD format e.g. Proshow.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megaweb
    TV is an output device.

    You need a input device to read your CD and then output to TV. e.g.
    - DVD player ( support JPG display )
    - Laptop/Notebook/PC to TV
    i think my dvd player does not support jpg display. do i need a new player or can i modify my existing set. many thanks

  10. #10

    Default

    Please read what megaweb has suggested, you can either get a new DVD player that supports jpg display or you can create a slideshow CD thats readable by your existing player by using software, eg. Pro Show.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    New DVD players which plays nearly anything you throw at it are now quite cheap ($100+ or some even < $100), any modifications (if possible at all) are not worth it. There are several devices out there that can also do this, including some of the portable storage devices used to offload your storage cards.

    If you take the DVD player route, note that it'll take a long long time for it to render images > 1-2 megapixels. So you might want to resize them and burn them to another CD for this.

    Regards
    CK

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gtan
    i think my dvd player does not support jpg display. do i need a new player or can i modify my existing set. many thanks
    Not sure can modify the exisiting set and also dunno how much it costs to modify.


    Nowsaday many cheapo DVD players (Shinco) cost < $100 can play JPG photos liao. Do you think it is worth to modify ?
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    997

    Default

    Get Ulead PictureShow, you can create photo album on VCD , DVD or SVCD formats with music and menus. Very easy to use. Better way to organize and present your pictures rather than simply copying jpegs.

    I mostly use SVCD format mostly. Can get near DVD quality

    www.ulead.com

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caussway
    Get Ulead PictureShow, you can create photo album on VCD , DVD or SVCD formats with music and menus. Very easy to use. Better way to organize and present your pictures rather than simply copying jpegs.

    I mostly use SVCD format mostly. Can get near DVD quality

    www.ulead.com
    thanks means i have to reburn all my CDs using this software and then play this new CDs on my ol fashioned DVD player?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •