Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AUDI CAR REPAIR AT NISSAN WORKSHOP

Default Re: AUDI CAR REPAIR AT NISSAN WORKSHOP

Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    Got a link?
    No lah, I was just joking.

This is an interesting case. Any industry expert here that can tell us whether this is a regular practice?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Wonder if a Geely workshop can repair a Ferrari or not.
    A car is a car unless you are attempting to tune your ride to Formula 1 Quality of Standards (QoS) so why couldn't a mechanic anywhere be just as competent in his job whether he's working on a Ferrari or a Geely? Even proprietary Electronic Control Units (ECUs) has to confirm to certain industry standards. Majority of components and parts all Made in PRC and ROC by Tier 1 and Tier 2 OEM suppliers no matter what brand it is anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    No lah, I was just joking.

This is an interesting case. Any industry expert here that can tell us whether this is a regular practice?
    Huh? I thought outsourcing to authorised third party workshop is quite common?
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 27th June 2014 at 02:50 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

GTR is better then an Audi. Have you seen a VW cab in China ? It's a disgrace ... Worst then any Nissan model
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Audi is nothing but a glorified VW. and overseas, a VW is just like toyota or nissan. I dont know why singaporeans get so high on audi or vw.
    We see white sweeping road, doing manual work. Do you see them doing such thing in Singapore?

So Ang Mo is always ... abit above the norm!.. true?

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Audi is nothing but a glorified VW. and overseas, a VW is just like toyota or nissan. I dont know why singaporeans get so high on audi or vw.

< Whatís in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet. >

But I still like german cars more

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Majority of components and parts all Made in PRC and ROC by Tier 1 and Tier 2 OEM suppliers no matter what brand it is anyway.
    So what so special about that marketing line: Use Original <insert car brand> parts thingy? Is it just a marketing gimmick?
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    We see white sweeping road, doing manual work. Do you see them doing such thing in Singapore?

So Ang Mo is always ... abit above the norm!.. true?
    Not really lah. I think they use their own cars cheaper? In German, police uses BMW, in Portugal, I saw Renault, BMW, and Mercs more than Nissan or Toyota.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Now the question is; what was the repair supposed to be? If it is bodywork, perhaps the bodywork is subcontracted out to the "Nissan" workshop? What qualifies as a Nissan workshop anyways?
    I used to drive MB cars and my repairs were always directed to my mechanic who does only MB cars. A few times I had to have spraying works done to my car and it was sent to a body shop. On a few instances, there were Ferrari cars parked next to me, some times Japanese cars and on one occasion my own company van.
    The justification needs to be whether it was a warranty repair and AUDI was paying for it and if NISSAN parts were used. If it is for body work, I think it is just a case of the over expecting customer syndrome.
    She was particularly ambiguous on that point, don't you think?

Maybe cos the service ctr or authorize dealer here belong to same boss? Eg understand Merc, Mitsubishi and kia service ctr are under C&C (not sure any changes now). And if not wrong Subaru & Nissan under same parent company (dealer/service ctr) here in spore.
    Or some had pointed out due certain work are outsource and carry out by other workshop etc.

Or some may be using parts from other made.
    Eg Apple using parts manufacture by Samsung.

Huh? I thought outsourcing to authorised third party workshop is quite common?
    I thought this case is not about any authorised third party workshop. It is more like you send your car to Performance Motor and they bring it secretly to Borneo Motor instead.

Now China based automotive firms are already in the process of discreetly buying out the failing American automotive industry one small stake at a time (Ford Motor Company, General Motors Company etc. etc.), Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Co., Ltd recently completed the acquisition of Volvo Car Corporation from Ford Motor Company in 2010, not to mention the recentt US$1.1 billion dollars investment by Dongfeng Motor Corporation in PSA Peugeot CitroŽn.

A decade or two later, it is inevitable that China brand will be akin to the Japanese brands now.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 27th June 2014 at 08:53 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

The issue may not be as simple as being printed in the ST. No self-respecting car seller, especially a large distributor like Audi, is going to do something that will damage its reputation. There must be a reason why the car was found in Nissan workshop. I am sure the husband of the car owner wss briefed but that was not appended to her ST feedback.

A lady met with an accident and sent her Audi car to the Audi workshop for repair. After 3 months the car was not ready.

She visited the workshop and later discovered that her car was in a Nissan workshop.

Sent to Nissan for repair and bill Audi cost of repair??????
    it's a female driver, that's why

A lady met with an accident and sent her Audi car to the Audi workshop for repair. After 3 months the car was not ready.

She visited the workshop and later discovered that her car was in a Nissan workshop.

Sent to Nissan for repair and bill Audi cost of repair??????
    To start of...

TS "quote the story as above" What was found in the link has different messages.
    See the number of occurrences in wrong/misinformation?

The ST feedback was published on 19 June and the Accident was on 2 April = 10 weeks

1. "Lady driver" vs "Husband" visit workshop...
    2. "After 3 months" vs "10 weeks"

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/...0140619?page=1
    Last edited by shierwin; 28th June 2014 at 06:57 PM.

Yeah, that's why I posted and quoted the actual ST letter in post #9... as TS didn't quote, nor provided a link, sounded like TS was paraphrasing.

Quote Originally Posted by kandinsky View Post
    Yeah, that's why I posted and quoted the actual ST letter in post #9... as TS didn't quote, nor provided a link, sounded like TS was paraphrasing.
    See above.

It is your choice. If you sent yr Audi car to Nissan then it is Nissan. However if you send yr car to Audi, U expect it to be done there.

See above.

It is your choice. If you sent yr Audi car to Nissan then it is Nissan. However if you send yr car to Audi, U expect it to be done there.
    Really can't make head nor tail of, so how does the Madam Goh Meow Cheng expect readers to interpret her intentions? Or could you care to enlighten us?

Will she still KPKB if her precious Audi A3 ends up in a Rolls-Royce workshop? There is also no such thing as an "Official Nissan Workshop" here in Singapore as they are all simply third-party service centres authorised under Tan Chong Motor Sales, some with Facilities Shared Use Agreement (FSUA) with other Agents / Dealers.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 2nd July 2014 at 11:06 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Really can't make head nor tail of, so how does the Madam Goh Meow Cheng expect readers to interpret her intentions? Or could you care to enlighten us?

... some with Facilities Shared Use Agreement (FSUA) with other Agents / Dealers.
    This is what I thought could be the reason... such as spray-painting the car body-work

There is also no such thing as an "Official Nissan Workshop" here in Singapore as they are all simply third-party service centres authorised under Tan Chong Motor Sales, some with Facilities Shared Use Agreement (FSUA) with other Agents / Dealers.
    I am surprised to hear these are all third party service centres. Do Audi or Merc drivers also send their vehicles there?
    http://www.nissan.com.sg/ForOwners/serviceCenter.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    I am surprised to hear these are all third party service centres. Do Audi or Merc drivers also send their vehicles there?
    http://www.nissan.com.sg/ForOwners/serviceCenter.cfm
    Why don't you head down and take a look to see if there's any Audi or Mercedes there?

Not just resources such as facilities and manpower etc. etc. utilised by after-sales services providers (authorised dealer or otherwise). Even automobile marques are directly outsourcing assembly to other manufacturing sub-contractors and this includes luxury vehicles [01] [02].

Maybe Madam Goh Meow Cheng's Audi A3 is not even made directly by Audi.

Quote Originally Posted by Daimler AG

Mercedes-Benz is adding shifts and outsourcing some production to Valmet in Finland.

That includes Mexico where Mercedes-Benz has been considering joint production at a Nissan factory.

Mercedes-Benz begins production in Nissan production plant [01] [02] [03].
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 2nd July 2014 at 04:45 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast