Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lens Skirt

Default Re: Lens Skirt

Anyone tried it on a TS-E17 yet? Seems like this particular lens and lenskirt is not made for each other. Found it almost impossible to put on without coming into contact with the front element due to lack of hood and the bulbous front. Worse is the focusing ring sits right after the front meaning its probably not straightforward to focus after setting up. Haven't really tried out with other lens tho.

Quote Originally Posted by CamInit View Post
    Anyone tried it on a TS-E17 yet? Seems like this particular lens and lenskirt is not made for each other. Found it almost impossible to put on without coming into contact with the front element due to lack of hood and the bulbous front. Worse is the focusing ring sits right after the front meaning its probably not straightforward to focus after setting up. Haven't really tried out with other lens tho.
    I reckon it'd be tough to use with a tilt shift lens.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post

More of focal length, you just need to cover the surrounding around the lens front element, if I'm not wrong. Which is why some people have used rubber hoods as alternative.. But of course Lenskirt is a more elegant solution, especially when it comes to UWAs (the rubber hoods will cause vignetting).

The XL is needed when you use wider focal lengths, since the field of view means that you might get the Lenskirt in your picture if it's too small.
    Wow... Okay... In short to play safe just get the biggest one?

But for me, my widest would be 18mm (35mm) equivalent.. So would a L size actually be sufficient?
    Sigma 2470 & 70200 f2.8 | EM1 | Oly 1240 f2.8 | EM5 | Oly 1250 | Pana 45150 | Ricoh GRD IV

Default Re: Lens Skirt

Quote Originally Posted by Windballad View Post
    Wow... Okay... In short to play safe just get the biggest one?

But for me, my widest would be 18mm (35mm) equivalent.. So would a L size actually be sufficient?
    I think it should be fine..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123