Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: Lens Skirt

  1. #1
    Member mardellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    484

    Default Lens Skirt

    Just wondering if anyone knows where to get it in Singapore?
    Another Facebook Page,
    Another Flickr account.

  2. #2
    Senior Member shierwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,335

    Default Re: Lens Skirt

    Can get the collapsible rubber hood with large diameter and a combination of step-up rings to be mounted on the lens. That will give you what you need in place of lens skirt

  3. #3
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Lens Skirt

    no, only available online, too bad Amazon don't carry it, else might able to take advantage of free international shipping.

    if there are enough interested members, can start a members non profit mass order to co-share the shipping cost.

    btw, check out the shipping cost from Adorama, for one piece is about US$46.00 to ship to SG,

    2 pieces is US$50.50
    3 pieces is US$55.60
    4 pieces is US$60.10
    5 pieces is US$65.20
    6 pieces is US$69.70 ** (total order excess S$400, need to add in GST)
    Last edited by catchlights; 23rd June 2014 at 12:22 AM.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  4. #4
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Lens Skirt

    Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post
    Can get the collapsible rubber hood with large diameter and a combination of step-up rings to be mounted on the lens. That will give you what you need in place of lens skirt
    That doesn't work well for UWA. I've tried a number and they all give vignetting.

  5. #5
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Lens Skirt

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    no, only available online, too bad Amazon don't carry it, else might able to take advantage of free international shipping.

    if there are enough interested members, can start a members non profit mass order to co-share the shipping cost.

    btw, check out the shipping cost from Adorama, for one piece is about US$46.00 to ship to SG,

    2 pieces is US$50.50
    3 pieces is US$55.60
    4 pieces is US$60.10
    5 pieces is US$65.20
    6 pieces is US$69.70 ** (total order excess S$400, need to add in GST)
    You can email the guy direct, I think his shipping fee is lower than Adorama's, and you can try asking for discount. I did a MO a while ago for some of my friends. Please don't ask me what everyone paid for that one, I can't remember already..

  6. #6
    Senior Member richiemccaw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,101

    Default Re: Lens Skirt

    I'd be keen on getting one if bro mardellion is going to get one too. Can share the shipping costs.

  7. #7
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Lens Skirt

    Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post
    I'd be keen on getting one if bro mardellion is going to get one too. Can share the shipping costs.
    Can I tag along too?
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  8. #8
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Lens Skirt

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    You can email the guy direct, I think his shipping fee is lower than Adorama's, and you can try asking for discount. I did a MO a while ago for some of my friends. Please don't ask me what everyone paid for that one, I can't remember already..
    Thanks for sharing this info, is a great help indeed.

    Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post
    I'd be keen on getting one if bro mardellion is going to get one too. Can share the shipping costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Can I tag along too?

    I have sent a site mail to LensSkirt to ask for quotation.

    If anyone keen to order together, please post here, hope we can start a members non profit mass order for lenskirt to enjoy more discount.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  9. #9
    Member mardellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Just saw all the replies. Thanks for all suggestions and bro catchlights for emailing lens skirt. MO will be good.
    Another Facebook Page,
    Another Flickr account.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Lens Skirt

    I'm interested in both sizes, lenskirt and lenskirt XL. Strangely XL seems to have disappeared from the website?!
    Anyone tried before on aeroplane windows? Does it work?

  11. #11
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Lens Skirt

    From the site.
    Sorry but this item is currently unavailable.


    Please check back at a later stage.
    KIV till the stocks are in.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  12. #12
    Senior Member ricleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    6,551

    Default Re: Lens Skirt

    actually why not DIY?

    just get some black cloth/thin black foam from spotlight, attach it to a step up ring and voila! cheap lens skirt. Suction cups can be easily attached too?

    I may just well do this for the coming NDP rehearsals for shoothing through glass from my office building.
    A7R3|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|FE85|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|70-200G2

  13. #13
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Lens Skirt

    Quote Originally Posted by ricleo View Post
    actually why not DIY?

    just get some black cloth/thin black foam from spotlight, attach it to a step up ring and voila! cheap lens skirt. Suction cups can be easily attached too?

    I may just well do this for the coming NDP rehearsals for shoothing through glass from my office building.
    It's just like how some people will DIY their version of Gary Fong Lightsphere using plastic bowl.. Or go to the workshop and work out a panoramic head..

    You can, but it's just not engineered for the job. That said, I admit it's expensive enough to warrant a DIY effort.

    The shading is not just around the lens I'm afraid, you would need to shade the whole camera, else you are constrained to just pressing the front flush against the glass. The Lenskirt's attachment point is actually probably around the back of the camera, which it uses a drawstring and cloth to achieve. Before I finally got a Lenskirt I was using black cloth, but it was incredibly flimsy and frustrating. Foam is probably better idea.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    4,532

    Default Re: Lens Skirt

    count me in~

  15. #15
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Lens Skirt

    Would it be easier if we list our name down, doesn't need to go through all the thread to dig out the names,

    Feel free to edit the list (if I misunderstand and you do not want, please remove the name).

    1) Mardellion
    2) richiemccaw1
    3) Rhino123
    4) CamInit
    5) Errz
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  16. #16
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Lens Skirt

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Would it be easier if we list our name down, doesn't need to go through all the thread to dig out the names,

    Feel free to edit the list (if I misunderstand and you do not want, please remove the name).

    1) Mardellion
    2) richiemccaw1
    3) Rhino123
    4) CamInit
    5) Errz

    Thanks for starting the name list, I have not received email reply from them, however, I found some information from their site.

    - the standard size is out of stock currently, http://www.lenskirt.com/lenskirt/
    - the stock of XL size is available, and is selling at US$59.00, http://www.lenskirt.com/lenskirt-xl/
    - bulk order will get US$5.00 discount (4-100 pieces)
    Bulk Discounts for LENSKIRT XL, Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount; Buy 4 - 100 and get $5.00 off
    - standard international shipping is using USPS Priority Mail at US$20 flat, but this should be quoted base on one or two pieces; http://www.lenskirt.com/pages/FAQ.html

    Since size XL is in stock and do not know how soon the standard size when will be in stock. so if there are enough members to order 4 more pieces of XL size will be a go.
    I will email them to confirm the shipping cost for USPS Priority Mail and FedEx once we have a update name list.


    Please update your order accordingly, do note we only place order for XL size only.
    nick \ product size \ qty

    1) Mardellion \
    2) richiemccaw1 \
    3) Rhino123 \
    4) CamInit \
    5) Errz \
    6) catchlights \ XL \ 1pc
    7)
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  17. #17

    Default Re: Lens Skirt

    1) Mardellion \
    2) richiemccaw1 \
    3) Rhino123 \
    4) CamInit \ XL \ 1pc
    5) Errz \
    6) catchlights \ XL \ 1pc
    7)

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    4,532

    Default Re: Lens Skirt

    so the XL is more for UWA lens?

  19. #19
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Lens Skirt

    1) Mardellion \
    2) richiemccaw1 \
    3) Rhino123 \ XL \ 1pc
    4) CamInit \ XL \ 1pc
    5) Errz \
    6) catchlights \ XL \ 1pc
    7)
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  20. #20
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Lens Skirt

    Quote Originally Posted by Errz View Post
    so the XL is more for UWA lens?
    That's right it's larger to accomodate the more extreme coverage of the UWA lens.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •