Thread: FujiColor Superior 200

Default FujiColor Superior 200

Is this film grainy?

No, its not grainy at all... why not try NPS 160 or NPC 160 cost $4.30 and $5 respectivly... skin tone wise are better the Superia... secenery wise, go for REALA... if going for quality, go for slides...

eh...juz to ask...

are NPS 160, NPC 160 and REALA slides??
    neber really heard of them..most of the time use Superior 100...very fine grains and rich colours....but compared to slides the colour isnt as good as slides..

they are negatives...

NPC and NPS are pro negatives.. not all outlet selling it... can go Cathay, Fotoguide, Ruby or M.S Colour... sure to get it

my god just got my reala done.... the colour just glows for night scenes!!! disney disney colours yumyum...
    too bad no 1600 version.. sian need a *real* flash
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Default Re: FujiColor Superior 200

Originally posted by maddog
    Is this film grainy?
    With the correct exposure, it can be enlarge to 10R size, without much suffering from grainyness. Definitely, lab chosen for the development is also very important.

I've used it last year during my trip to China, the results are good!
    Managed to blow up many pictures to 8R and above.

Default Re: Re: FujiColor Superior 200

Originally posted by scanner

With the correct exposure, it can be enlarge to 10R size, without much suffering from grainyness. Definitely, lab chosen for the development is also very important.

I've used it last year during my trip to China, the results are good!
    Managed to blow up many pictures to 8R and above.
    can you explain why exposure affects the size that it can be blown up to? blur.

Default Re: Re: Re: FujiColor Superior 200

Originally posted by maddog

can you explain why exposure affects the size that it can be blown up to? blur.
    For example, if you underexpose the film, it is like pushing the film. Of course, the picture quality will tend to be grainy! Its depend how much you push it.
    If the pushing is done at say 1 full stop, grainyness will not be obvious for photo developed at 4R, however, if you try to blow up to a bigger size, the grain will be obvious.
    Hope that my explaination helps.

eh...mind if someone explain wat's the difference in quality wise between NPC and NPS?

thankz alot...

Encino
    Guests

I find it grainy as compared to the reala. i also dunno why...maybe cheap film are like that. you pay for what you get.

Originally posted by Encino
    I find it grainy as compared to the reala. i also dunno why...maybe cheap film are like that. you pay for what you get.
    Of course! Reala's a iso 100 film!

ooops was I misleading anyone?
    yeah reala is 100 film... smooth and saturated... the night scene I had one was of the canvas canopy at the esplanaden.. I think the guy played w the shot cos he gave me two prints, one slightly over.. but both had this glowing blue that u see in nippon paint ads... says "smurf me"!

I just got the press 800 (CP $6.30) will try soon.. but I using it for my 300mm shots... not night scenes... tripod-challenged lah me..

I want to try the fuji xtra 1600 soon... maybe for the oct 12th street shoot... since I no $$$ to get a decent flash...

oh yeah stanley's lab ntu pvs uses is a gem... when a photosiao like us does the prints u know it's done with TLC...
    pls dun flood the place ok? LOL

Originally posted by AqUaRiU5
    eh...mind if someone explain wat's the difference in quality wise between NPC and NPS?

thankz alot...
    Both are Fuji Professional Portrait films, but NPC has increased colour saturation and contrast.

Regards
    CK