Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Anyone called to cancel NKF donation??

  1. #1

    Default Anyone called to cancel NKF donation??

    hi as above anyone cancel their monthly giro donation?? can kindly let me know the no.??

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scanman192
    hi as above anyone cancel their monthly giro donation?? can kindly let me know the no.??
    You can't make a phone call to cancel a GIRO donation but you can get a form from any of the DBS/POSB branches to fill in to effect the cancellation. Alternatively, u can call 1800-1111111 to get them to fax a form to you. I done mine this way.
    Last edited by redstorm; 17th July 2005 at 11:40 AM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default

    Alternatively, if you have a DBS/POSB Internet account, just log in, choose Payment Services on the left and then Delete GIRO Arrangement. Instant!
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Sinagpore
    Posts
    909

    Default

    I had cancelled long time back since I heard CEO flying first class and also heard about NKF providing scholarships to staff.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    You can't make a phone call to cancel a GIRO donation but you can get a form from any of the DBS/POSB branches to fill in to effect the cancellation. Alternatively, u can call 1800-1111111 to get them to fax a form to you. I done mine this way.
    I called in OCBC, answered a few questions for verification, done.

  6. #6
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default

    i called in NKF through a number provide on their website,answer a few verification question and it was done.

    6299 0200 is the number i called.


  7. #7

    Default

    I did not like what is happening but am contributing each month to help the kidney patients through the foundation. The kidney and cancer sufferers will still need our assistance.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tOGGY
    I did not like what is happening but am contributing each month to help the kidney patients through the foundation. The kidney and cancer sufferers will still need our assistance.
    Why do you keep contributing knowing that they have 30yrs worth of reserves? I don't think patients will be denied care as there's plenty of reserves. It's best to continue contributing after they've laid down some framework.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tOGGY
    I did not like what is happening but am contributing each month to help the kidney patients through the foundation. The kidney and cancer sufferers will still need our assistance.
    i just don understand what's going on in yr head.

    We are not saying u don help, there are other charity organisations that are also helping these people...donate to these organisations instead. At least more of yr dollar channels to the needy.

  10. #10

    Default

    i think what's happen is most unfortunate .... i m cancelling my donation cause i dun feel good ... will monitor the NKF's movement from now ...they just have to regain our trust ..

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tOGGY
    I did not like what is happening but am contributing each month to help the kidney patients through the foundation. The kidney and cancer sufferers will still need our assistance.
    Fact:

    1. They have a huge reserve to last paitents and themselves for at least 10 to 30yrs.
    2. CEO flies first-class and sued ppl for saying FACTS (for this, his entire family lineage ought to be massacred).
    3. There are many other charities out there that requires funding desperately.

    Since u want to help, help those smaller charities that have been drawing in far less donations but putting the money to more efficient use.

    Personally I wun give money to a bouncing fat beachball who's complaining that he's hungry all the time when the lard in him can last for the next 10 to 30yrs.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Same here, called OCBC to cancel my GIRO contribution.

    Besides NKF, there are others charity organisations which need the money more.


    Quote Originally Posted by togu
    I called in OCBC, answered a few questions for verification, done.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeowww
    i just don understand what's going on in yr head.

    We are not saying u don help, there are other charity organisations that are also helping these people...donate to these organisations instead. At least more of yr dollar channels to the needy.
    Nothing wrong with his head. Since there are so many people quitting the NKF, I've asked to increase my monthly donations to them.

    Just a few questions to those quitting;

    1) Are you contributing to make yourself feel good or to help needy people?
    2) If the latter, why does it matter how well the CEO is paid, as long as the organisation is effective in delivering care?
    3) If other organisations need help as well, are you giving so much to the NKF now that you can't afford to give to other organisations as well?
    4) Between TT Durai and yourself, who would have better at creating a robust organisation for delivering delivering first class care for a large number of people who would have otherwise been debilitated by their disease?

    Whilst criticising the motives of other folk, do have a look at your own.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkw
    Nothing wrong with his head. Since there are so many people quitting the NKF, I've asked to increase my monthly donations to them.

    Just a few questions to those quitting;

    1) Are you contributing to make yourself feel good or to help needy people?
    2) If the latter, why does it matter how well the CEO is paid, as long as the organisation is effective in delivering care?
    3) If other organisations need help as well, are you giving so much to the NKF now that you can't afford to give to other organisations as well?
    4) Between TT Durai and yourself, who would have better at creating a robust organisation for delivering delivering first class care for a large number of people who would have otherwise been debilitated by their disease?

    Whilst criticising the motives of other folk, do have a look at your own.

    1) Do you need to ask this question? Why you don't ask Durai is in NKF to help needy people or get a job for himself?
    2) If spending just 11% or less of the money (according to zaobao, last time official figure is 0.52 cents out of every dollar donated) donated on patient care is effective?
    3) Em.... that's good, according to NVPC survey early this year, RICH fellow contribute MUCH LESS percentage of their revenue to the charity than poor fellow. Why is it so?
    4) This question is very hard to prove or argue, as the time will not be able to roll back to let others other than TT durai to do the job. But to me it's more like *** propaganda machine at victorious, pay the right man the right job, but is he the right person? No way to know now.

  15. #15
    Senior Member dominator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Amazon Forest
    Posts
    1,662

    Default

    All these years I was never being convinced into donating to NKF at those free health check-up or blood donation drive...I alway suspect of the fundings $$$ going to where.
    Nothing is free...just like TCS providing those actor/actress..everything...those stuffs cost a bomb!

    and for that person name what T Dubai, I feel that even after resigned he have more than enough money to donate and live comfortably well for an average lifestyle for at least 30years base on his past income!

    OT!!
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Good old sunny s'pore
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Ya just wan to add some views, since they already have so much $$ as reserve, y they do not use the $ wisely n invest them so as to let it grow. Would'nt it be better than to keep asking ppl donate $. Also many ppl can donate $ to other charities such as cancer foundation/society. Just hope that ppl do not discriminate other charities becos of the black Sheep (Durai). Eventually the aim is to help ppl rite

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    The way things are... the best option will be use the reserves to set up an endowment fund, put part of it in FD, part in bonds, part in high yield blue chip shares and earn dividend, interest etc for day to day exp...

    I am sure this is what Gerard Ee will do.. (btw, he's my ex-boss and i already expected he will be named interim ceo/chairman). He's a well repected fellow and i am sure donations will flow in again after this debacle...

    Impt thing is how things are going forward, how much donations will be channelled to patients etc... A means test is still necessary as the poor needs more help than the rich. Is this fair? I think so, as long as the means test is reasonable and not keep those middle class or poor squeezed....

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    http://www.littlespeck.com/content/p...ics-050717.htm
    This article is very well written and concise...

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore, near NUS
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkw
    1) Are you contributing to make yourself feel good or to help needy people?
    2) If the latter, why does it matter how well the CEO is paid, as long as the organisation is effective in delivering care?
    It matters because the people want their $ to reach the needy, and not so that Durai can travel first class and make $600k per year. The more money Durai takes home, the less money there is available for patients. And the donor is giving the money for the patients, not for Durai to take home.

  20. #20
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Hi guys.

    As Darren has mentioned in the consolidated NKF thread, we feel that CS should move on from the NKF episode; should you wish to carry on I'm sure you can still find other forums to do so.

    The thread is hereby closed and I seek your understanding.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •