Thread: Kodak Releases New Films

Default Kodak Releases New Films

Hi

This year's PhotoKina is overwhelmed with digital photography products, but out of the show also came the announcement of 2 new slide films from Kodak.

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/corp/pres...20924-21.shtml

According to the press release, the new Ektachrome E100G and 100GX are meant to replace E100S and E100SW, and are due in first quarter 2003.
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

Hm...not new iso 400 slides from Kodak?

Originally posted by AdamGoi
    Hm...not new iso 400 slides from Kodak?
    Guess they don't know how to make fine grained 400 speed film, so they gave up. Compared to Provia 400F, Ektachrome 400 (EPL?) is the worst overpriced piece of trash I've ever used. Probably the only Kodak film I sometimes use is EBX (b'cos of the price... $6.50/roll).

Just wait a few yrs... the only Kodak films will be Max 400/800 and Ektachrome 400.

Ahh.. now hope the price is good.

Originally posted by sriram

Guess they don't know how to make fine grained 400 speed film, so they gave up. Compared to Provia 400F, Ektachrome 400 (EPL?) is the worst overpriced piece of trash I've ever used. Probably the only Kodak film I sometimes use is EBX (b'cos of the price... $6.50/roll).

Just wait a few yrs... the only Kodak films will be Max 400/800 and Ektachrome 400.
    Sririam, surely the situation at Kodak is not so bad

anyway, EPL and the like are not considered the "main" films now, i think. kodak is seriously touting their Ektachrome family of E100VS, E100S, E100SW and E200.

E200 is Kodak's answer for high speed slide film, and it it touted to be highly pushable up to EI 1000. That's Kodak's answer to fine grained slide film from speeds of 200 to 1600.

I regularly pushed E200 up to 2 stops (to 800). It's performance is actually very good when pushed 1 stop to 400, and still remains very fine grained with consistent colours. at 800, it's rather grainy, but then so is Provia 400F when pushed to 800.
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

Originally posted by Red Dawn

Sririam, surely the situation at Kodak is not so bad

anyway, EPL and the like are not considered the "main" films now, i think. kodak is seriously touting their Ektachrome family of E100VS, E100S, E100SW and E200.

E200 is Kodak's answer for high speed slide film, and it it touted to be highly pushable up to EI 1000. That's Kodak's answer to fine grained slide film from speeds of 200 to 1600.

I regularly pushed E200 up to 2 stops (to 800). It's performance is actually very good when pushed 1 stop to 400, and still remains very fine grained with consistent colours. at 800, it's rather grainy, but then so is Provia 400F when pushed to 800.
    For the price of pushing E200 one stop, might as well buy RHP III and don't push. Pushing increases contrast, something which you might not want. Slides are already contrasty to begin with.

Regards
    CK