Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567
Results 121 to 127 of 127

Thread: Pentax/Ricoh Monthly Outing - Funan Anime Cosplay event photos sharing

  1. #121
    Member simon6z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Near Bishan Park Macdonald
    Posts
    812

    Default Re: Pentax/Ricoh Monthly Outing - Funan Anime Cosplay event photos sharing

    Quote Originally Posted by SyncGuy View Post
    It depends on how you look at it bro..

    Sure, the trigger itself looks expensive. But think about it, being able to calibrate ANY vintage manual TTL flash that has at least 2 power steps, frees up your money.

    Eg:

    Main flash - Metz 52 ($300?)
    3 vintage flash of ANY brand - 3x AF200T ($100 or lesser?)

    Total - $400? or lesser + $150 (triggers) = $550 or lesser.

    Now, do that the sum again with other manual 3rd party flash that allows more steps for manual power.
    See the strength? The off shoe flash is not limited to a single brand or the latest and greatest.

    Maybe the main flash is important because you never know when you need pTTL..
    But otherwise, the rest of the flashes you can just use and throw or hunt for bargain vintage flashes, which has at least 2 steps of manual power, using off shoe, needn't have tilt and swivel.
    Willing to get 2 and a yongnuo mark 3 if supports, can use to learn strobe and can be used for macro
    Sony A7II FE 28 Zeiss 55 FE 90 Sigma 150-600C

  2. #122
    Member PhilipKr35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    Anyone know how much yungno mark III ? The one with the receiver built in.
    GR,K2,K3, DA15Ltd, 10-24 f 3.5-4.5, K135 f2.8, K55 f1.8, Q, Q2K, Q10, 01020306,FA31,FA100WR

  3. #123
    Senior Member sunnycamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    2,028

    Default Re: Pentax/Ricoh Monthly Outing - Funan Anime Cosplay event photos sharing

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipKr35 View Post
    Anyone know how much yungno mark III ? The one with the receiver built in.
    90-105 sgd, depends on where u got from, some bns always have brand new set from sellers at under 100sgd or 105 sgd from shops like black camera market shop
    K-01: S8FE, DA35, DA70 Flickr

  4. #124
    Member SyncGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simon6z View Post

    Willing to get 2 and a yongnuo mark 3 if supports, can use to learn strobe and can be used for macro
    Yea... I'm tempted too.. Since the V6 is available locally, I wonder if we could test it out to ensure that it really works as advertised! I can imagine prices of vintage flashes gonna shoot up. LoL!

    I would rather carry 3x AF200T over 3x Yongnuo any day!
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

  5. #125
    Member simon6z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Near Bishan Park Macdonald
    Posts
    812

    Default Re: Pentax/Ricoh Monthly Outing - Funan Anime Cosplay event photos sharing

    Quote Originally Posted by SyncGuy View Post
    Yea... I'm tempted too.. Since the V6 is available locally, I wonder if we could test it out to ensure that it really works as advertised! I can imagine prices of vintage flashes gonna shoot up. LoL!

    I would rather carry 3x AF200T over 3x Yongnuo any day!
    whats the diff between AF200 and yongnuo? Hahahaha, anyway time to nego and pre order with ***********???
    Sony A7II FE 28 Zeiss 55 FE 90 Sigma 150-600C

  6. #126
    Member SyncGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simon6z View Post

    whats the diff between AF200 and yongnuo? Hahahaha, anyway time to nego and pre order with ***********???
    Go check out the size bro.. 1 yongnuo = 2 AF200T. And then price of 1 yongnuo = 3 to 4 AF200T.. LoL!

    Not getting it yet. I think I would go down and test that the backward compatibility with proper calibration works with vintage flashes first.
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

  7. #127

    Default Re: Pentax/Ricoh Monthly Outing - Funan Anime Cosplay event photos sharing

    Quote Originally Posted by SyncGuy View Post
    Go check out the size bro.. 1 yongnuo = 2 AF200T. And then price of 1 yongnuo = 3 to 4 AF200T.. LoL!

    Not getting it yet. I think I would go down and test that the backward compatibility with proper calibration works with vintage flashes first.
    I've don't like legacy or 2nd hand flashes. Bad experience. Cheap is cheap but who knows where it's been and how extensively it's been used?

    I bought 2 x 200t before to use with radio triggers. Only 1 is still working. Waste of time and $$$.

    Been there, done that. Bottom line: it may not last so keep your fingers crossed. Bring out for shoot the thing kaput on u halfway is damn sian lor!

    Imagine lug all the way outdoor for macro shoot, mount tripod, set up flash on flash mount, position, put diffuser, MF, press shutter, *poof*... Knn ccb... Flash spoil, never fire.

    Get new metz 20c2 better lah. Cost more but small, can tilt, use 2 AA battery only. Most importantly, warranty and better reliability.
    Last edited by detritus; 29th July 2014 at 04:15 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •