Thread: Laptop LCD yellow Tinge

Default Laptop LCD yellow Tinge

Hie Guys,

I have been, for the past 3 years been using my Compaq Laptop to edit my pictures. I pluged in another Samsung 17" CRT today onto the laptop to try using the dual screen method. There were a couple of issues, but the most revealing was the difference in color. The whites on the CRT were pure white, while I realise my laptop has a tinge of yellow. The laptop has no controls except for brightness.

What can I do to correct the color ? I realize that all my past photographs maybe inaccurately corrected ... which explains why all my photographs are more yellow when I send it to print.

Other issues, include flickering of the 2nd CRT monitor. All refresh rates have been tried, but it still flickers to a certain degree.

Quote Originally Posted by marcwang
    What can I do to correct the color ? I realize that all my past photographs maybe inaccurately corrected ... which explains why all my photographs are more yellow when I send it to print.
    that's what hardware calibration tools like Eye-One is for...

but for your case, even calibrate also cant help liao

because of the limited controls on the laptop LCD ?

If your LCD display is too yellow, your photos corrected on it should have turned out too cool/blue instead. If they turned out warm when printing, then most probably the photolab did their own corrections or your CRT is too cool instead.

Calibration would still help as the profile would adjust for the colour deviation.

Check your actual refresh rate of the CRT. It shouldn't flicker if you are using 85Hz or above(check to see if you have confused the setting for the primary display with the secondary). Make sure its actually using the refresh rate you set by checking the moniter OSD if there is one.