Thread: Is my choice correct?

Default Is my choice correct?

I have budget about $3700 for camera+lense+flash+memory card. Most of my shooting will cover conference, meeting and travelling (landscape and people).

So far doing research i narrowed down
    - Body: Canon 6D (full frame + i heard about the silence shutter which make me less stand out during conference \)
    - Lenses: Canon 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM + Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM
    - Flash: Speedlite 430EX2
    - Memory card: Lexar 600x 32GB SDHC UHS-I

Is there any thing wrong with my choice?
    Last edited by sterob; 14th June 2014 at 06:53 PM.

Your lens selection has covered quite a bit on the range. i dont see anything wrong, but most importantly is to know your equipment well and use them at the appropriate situation

Default Re: Is my choice correct?

If you're trying to lie low and not stand out, using a flash might not be the best choice ._.

Are those lenses good for my current budget or there are better options from sigma or tamron? Since the canon 6d doesnt have buit in flash, may as well get a flash just to be sure.

For what you are intending to shoot, it is definitely good enough.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

All good.

2c: you mentioned landscape while travelling, so might consider getting a wide angle if you are really into it (and if budget permits). If you're not a hardcore landscape person, then the 24-105 already cover a reasonably good range.

Pretty good bang for bucks.

For traveling, if you like to travel light, a 17-40 would be a great addition.
    Canon EOS 6D | 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM | 24-70mm f/2.8L USM | 50mm f/1.4 HSM | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM

I would drop the 70-200 unless u need the length
    50D / EF17-40mm F4L / EF135mm F2L
    A6000 / CZ24-70 F4

Your choice is good, very good indeed. No problem there
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by xviruz View Post
    I would drop the 70-200 unless u need the length
    I does indeed feel 200mm is a bit too much. However I am currently using 24-135mm lens and sometime i have trouble shooting conference where speaker is too far away and i cant move closer.

Quote Originally Posted by sterob View Post
    I does indeed feel 200mm is a bit too much. However I am currently using 24-135mm lens and sometime i have trouble shooting conference where speaker is too far away and i cant move closer.
    FYI. The diff in getting a close up btwn a 135 and 200 is not that much when shooting from far. You might wanna check out the various Field Of View simulators to get a better picture.