Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: subscription of photography magazine

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Spore
    Posts
    617

    Default subscription of photography magazine

    Wonder any fellow member here sign up monthly subscription for photography magazine?

    Is it cheaper to subscribe then to purchase from our local bookstores?

    Anyone can share their experience?

  2. #2

    Default

    Photography magz are expensive. You can well borrow the old magz from the national
    library. Anyway, shooting techniques never expire that fast.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Spore
    Posts
    617

    Default

    thats true, but i happens to surf the net and realise that Outdoor Photographer mag and Popular Photography is having internet special offer

    http://www.outdoorphotographer.com/c...reignsubs.html

    http://www.neodata.com/hfm/phot/subscribe.shtml

  4. #4

    Default

    My understanding is that subscribing is cheaper.

    There are many reasons to buy magazines. Learning techniques is only one of them.

  5. #5
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by student
    My understanding is that subscribing is cheaper.

    There are many reasons to buy magazines. Learning techniques is only one of them.
    Agreed with student, subscribing is cheaper.

    I used to subscribe many photography magazines, as something like industry tips and business practice or interviews that can't find in photography book.

    Anyway, some magazines like Peterson's photography and Popular photography, the articles keep on repeat and repeat, years after years, so don't waste money on that kind of magazines.

  6. #6

    Default

    I have 12 copies National Geographic of the previous year, Apr 2004~Jun 2005,
    with some missing issues. Sell for $30. One can learn shooting pictures.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    I think so far the best photography mags are the UK ones like Practical Photography and Photography Monthly....

  8. #8
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    I think so far the best photography mags are the UK ones like Practical Photography and Photography Monthly....
    They are far more other better photography magazines than these... but is depends individual liking.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Spore
    Posts
    617

    Default

    just curious how does the mag reach your place?
    thru mailbox? but i doubt it fits the size of the mag.

    Also the subscribtion price is inclusive of postage right?

  10. #10

    Default

    thru mailbox, yeah including delivery chArges. But be careful when you sign the
    paper since the magazine subscription company may send you spams, for example
    in my subscription, I made a typo in my name, and later I got my magazines
    delivered in the wrong name, and also got letters for Hong Kong African Fund
    donation, magic pills, and other stuff, all addressed to the same wrong name. Sigh!
    I think I ticked some choices I didnt read carefully.
    Last edited by dRebelXT; 16th July 2005 at 11:17 AM.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Spore
    Posts
    617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT
    thru mailbox, yeah including delivery chArges. But be careful when you sign the
    paper since the magazine subscription company may send you spams, for example
    in my subscription, I made a typo in my name, and later I got my magazines
    delivered in the wrong name, and also got letters for Hong Kong African Fund
    donation, magic pills, and other stuff, all addressed to the same wrong name. Sigh!
    I think I ticked some choices I didnt read carefully.
    but the mailbox doesnt seems to fit, unless they fold the mag into half

  12. #12
    Deregistered satan_18349's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    hell 極樂世&
    Posts
    1,498

    Default

    Nowadays Singpost don't squeeze every mail through the front opening of the mail box (the newer ones), they got the keys to open the back...

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Spore
    Posts
    617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by satan_18349
    Nowadays Singpost don't squeeze every mail through the front opening of the mail box (the newer ones), they got the keys to open the back...
    i think mine is still the old type. anyway tks for the information

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •