21st July 2005, 02:23 PM
my 2-cents....salary range & prospects for a young grad is pretty good provided you work in a non-profit organization (it must be non-profit!!).
- around 300K pa or more
- excluding 10-12 mths bonus (immunity from recession, epidemics & natural disasters)
- 1st Class (non-SQ flights)
- Business Class (SQ flights)
- potential to be CEO candidate
- Choice of a fleet of 8 cars at yr beck & call
- Personal car (includes road-tax, insurance, maintenance; petrol)
- Your house, wife, kids, school fees, household expenses, food all provided for courtesy of generosity from public.
21st July 2005, 02:36 PM
honestly, a degree is as good if you are bet 20+ and 38 yo when you are still in employment.
If you are retrenched bet 39-45yo, you may have a slight advantage over an experienced non-grad.
Once you are >45 and retrenched, it's open season.....the prints on your qualifications fades away and it becomes a plain A4 paper.
You are out on the streets competing with fellow retrenchees (if there's such a word) with & without papers and guess who gets the job (if any).....?