Thread: Wanted : free cameras for marginalized kids in the East. Collection till Aug end 2014

Lightbulb Wanted : free cameras for marginalized kids in the East. Collection till Aug end 2014

Hi all,

"The People's Association (PA) has launched a donation drive to collect 200 used cameras for children from low-income or single-parent families living in Marine Parade.

Starting from Wednesday, the Donate Your Old Camera drive will run for three months, and members of the public can donate their cameras, preferably still in working condition, at 11 collection points within Marine Parade GRC.

They are Marine Parade Community Club (CC), Kembangan-Chai Chee CC, Geylang Serai CC, Braddell Heights CC, MacPherson CC, Kampong Ubi CC, Joo Chiat CC, Mountbatten CC, Katong CC, Potong Pasir CC and Touch Young Arrows Eunos Club.

Experienced photographers will use these old cameras to teach the children photography, under a separate programme by the PA."

Originated from Jun 4, 2014 Straits Times

By the way, do they need SD cards too?

Even point and Shoot cameras are fine as well right?

Default Donation of used cameras

Call to donate used cameras to less privileged kids

I willing to devote some time to come collect and help send the cameras to the designated CC or you are welcome to send them in person. Just saw the article and tot it will be a good initiative to bring our passion of photography to the less privilege.

Default Re: Donation of used cameras

Mods, can consider merging with the previous thread on this topic:

Blk138 Bedok North Ave3

Default Re: Donation of used cameras

I'm also willing to support. If someone wants donate a camera or lens (with minor problem), I will try to fix, then we can send the camera to the collection point together.
    FB: Hilos Camera Repair

Yes. I realised that there is another thread on this after posting. Apologies.