Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Re: It's time to get some CC!

  1. #1

    Default Re: It's time to get some CC!

    DSC_3560 by _SHAO, on Flickr



    Hi everyone I'm here to get your opinions once more!

    1. In what area is critique to be sought?
    Composition, PP, Colours

    2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    I'd hope you think that those would at least look yummy.

    3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    Controlled, shot with natural light and light reflected by white cardboards

    4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    Composition could have been better. I am currently getting myself more exposed to these photos while I took these after getting too bored of just reading my book.
    Last edited by zaren; 12th June 2014 at 08:43 PM. Reason: only 1 photo should be posted

  2. #2

    Default Re: It's time to get some CC!

    All comments below are mainly for #1, which in my opinion is the better shot.

    Quote Originally Posted by bookwormm View Post
    1. In what area is critique to be sought?
    Composition, PP, Colours --> Composition is pretty alright; Colours-wise I think the whole picture is overly yellow; i.e. a little drab and dull. Your theme is "Happy Day" and I would think macarons of a brighter colour that contrasts against the board will create a happier mood. Maybe pink, purple, or blue, or a combination of such colours would be better.

    2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    I'd hope you think that those would at least look yummy. --> As above, maybe the colour of the macarons doesn't appeal to me, so didn't inspire much feeling

    3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    Controlled, shot with natural light and light reflected by white cardboards --> i think the lighting conditions in this shot is pretty good.

    4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    Composition could have been better. I am currently getting myself more exposed to these photos while I took these after getting too bored of just reading my book.

  3. #3

    Default Re: It's time to get some CC!

    based on the shadows
    you shot ambient
    through a large wondow (relative to the subject )

    as the light came from behind
    you might not get more striking contrast
    with the monotonic color of macaroons
    it's not so visually exciting

    go for more color pop
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  4. #4

    Default Re: It's time to get some CC!

    AnsQ:

    Hey, thanks for your input! I agree with your comments, will take note of them next time! The reason for the overly yellowish colour is probably due to my eyes getting used to the calibrated screen.

    And the reason for the monotone macarons.. I've tanked too many of those, getting too fat to make other colours. Haha jkjk. Thanks a lot anyway! Do comment on my other shots next time!!

  5. #5

    Default Re: It's time to get some CC!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    based on the shadows
    you shot ambient
    through a large wondow (relative to the subject )

    as the light came from behind
    you might not get more striking contrast
    with the monotonic color of macaroons
    it's not so visually exciting

    go for more color pop

    Nothing escapes those trained eyes isn't it? Yup, ambient it is!
    I've filled some of the darker shades with a white paper tho, that might have caused the lack of contrast.

    I guess I haven't understood the subject well enough (macarons - happy - colours) but yeap, I got the idea now!
    Thanks a lot Shizuma! I'll be posting other images soon, do give me your comments whenever possible, thanks!!

  6. #6

    Default Re: It's time to get some CC!

    Quote Originally Posted by bookwormm View Post
    Nothing escapes those trained eyes isn't it? Yup, ambient it is!
    I've filled some of the darker shades with a white paper tho, that might have caused the lack of contrast.

    I guess I haven't understood the subject well enough (macarons - happy - colours) but yeap, I got the idea now!
    Thanks a lot Shizuma! I'll be posting other images soon, do give me your comments whenever possible, thanks!!
    As a side note I had been trying to get my macaron friend to do TFCD with delicious macarons (for me to eat) but she has no time because she is too busy baking. Hence I am a bit more keenly looking at macaron images
    Thank you for sharing
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •