Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hype

Quote Originally Posted by ady
    Haha... I'm prepping some images now and can see the confusion relating to the image size and dpi. :-P

Btw, what time are they opened till?
    Yeah I got a bit confused but Photoshop can calculate the values for you. They want it at 4320x2880 so they can print it in 60 by 40. To calculate the actual printing thingy, you divide each side by the dpi, in this case 72dpi, which will give you (4320/72) by (2880/72) which turns out to be 60" by 40".

please note that 72 dpi is actually the minimum resolution accepted, you can go higher if you want

Yeah. I submitted on Monday night and Tuesday the pics were up. :-) Hopefully it'll still be there on Wednesday. Hehe...

It says artworks must be inspired by titles with the letters H Y P E.
    This means my title need to contain those 4 letters?
    & must we pay any $ when we bring it down to be printed for submission?

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    nope, dun have to pay.... but do an online submission 1st to see if your work is accepted

and the website will tell you the criterias clearly

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    nope, dun have to pay.... but do an online submission 1st to see if your work is accepted

and the website will tell you the criterias clearly
    Not sure if I read wrongly... u said don't have to pay , and i can collect my print (if accepted) after this thing is over... means free print?

Easiest way to submit is to just take your work down to the Hype submission counter downstairs of The Arts House. That's what I did. Both my pics were accepted.

After the end of the exhibition... you can pick up your prints that were physically on display. Just remember to keep your receipts with the ID Number for your displayed prints.

And oh yeah... the titling... like I said before... made my pics sound obiang just trying to weave in the H, Y, P, E thingy. *laugh*

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Yeah, in order somemore. Haha.

The artworks can be sold, but we still have the copyright right? We're just selling a printed copy right?

Yes, they just can use it for the promotion of this event only, which is like until August something. Other than that if they want to use it out of this period for promotional/whatever purposes they'll contact you.

Quote Originally Posted by n0d3
    Yes, they just can use it for the promotion of this event only, which is like until August something. Other than that if they want to use it out of this period for promotional/whatever purposes they'll contact you.
    Wah!!! U selling for $250 ah? so ex...

Where got. :P You should see those really ugly ones. $1000,$3000. LOL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12