Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He Who Controls the Media, Controls the World!

Cool He Who Controls the Media, Controls the World!

In light of NKF lawsuit with SPH, notice how few played with the media juggernut and win? In the present day, one knows how to control media will have his/her way. NKF saga is a good case but it seems that many bad issue came out of others on the media attentions like the nude blogger.

Media will say that kind of news guarantee viewerships or rating. Are we at fault?

Yeh, dont mess around with Ex-ISD agents.

Ya, I wonder why I still need to pay the $110 tv license.

Quote Originally Posted by reno77
    Yeh, dont mess around with Ex-ISD agents.
    Wad's dat about ISD agents and SPH?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Ya, I wonder why I still need to pay the $110 tv license.
    How esle can you be entertained by propaganda?

Quote Originally Posted by student
    How esle can you be entertained by propaganda?
    So we should also seek to know the pay package for the CEO of the tv station? Thats our money as well

So we should also seek to know the pay package for the CEO of the tv station? Thats our money as well
    we should start asking how much all public listed or maybe even private owned CEO's pay... maybe i should start by those who owes me money... dun pay still can pay so high CEO pay...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Lightbulb

such info in annual aggregate are required to be disclosed in bands for plcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    we should start asking how much all public listed or maybe even private owned CEO's pay... maybe i should start by those who owes me money... dun pay still can pay so high CEO pay...

Surely you must have watched Citizen Kane?

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Wad's dat about ISD agents and SPH?
    http://www.mediachannel.org/views/oped/singapore.shtml

"At Singapore Press Holdings, the executive president is Tjong Yik Min. From 1986 to 1993, Tjong was Singapore's most senior secret policeman, for he ran the feared Internal Security Department"

http://www.sfdonline.org/Link%20Page...aus210601.html

" Chua Lee Hoong, Singapore's most prominent political commentator, is very open about the fact that she is a former ISD "analyst"."

Blog Entries

reminds me of the michelle yeoh - james bond movie, "tomorrow never dies"!!

"He Who Controls the Media, Controls the World! woahahaha!!!"

Exactly. SPH knew exactly what the soft underbelly of the NKF was (Public Opinion) and went straight for it. The fight was over before it started.

Quote Originally Posted by dkw
    Exactly. SPH knew exactly what the soft underbelly of the NKF was (Public Opinion) and went straight for it. The fight was over before it started.
    the fight was over? I did not hear the bell leh.... go on boxing....

The money is for a (public) service. Don't want to pay? Don't use the service! We are not shareholders of the company, so there is no real reason as a consumer to know except to be a kaypoh.

NKF, on the other hand, is a charity organisation...we give out of free will and without expectation of material returns. All the more such charity monies need to be handled prudently. As donors, we are stakeholders of the organisation.

A more media-savvy person would do better than Durai or the nude blogger in handling the media. Its good to know how but beware, the media will come back to bite you if you are not careful......

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    Surely you must have watched Citizen Kane?
    that's a real classic

Xanadu may be more real than the real world

vince123123
    Guests

would you have any tips on how a "media-savvy person" should handle the media?

Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    A more media-savvy person would do better than Durai or the nude blogger in handling the media. Its good to know how but beware, the media will come back to bite you if you are not careful......

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    I just wonder, for this kind of defamation court case, was there a pre-hearing for both sides before the judge, and mediation to avoid a full court battle? The NKF side would at least know what would be revealed at court?

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    In Durai's case, just leave it be. He can clarify the rumours with explainations but not a full blown lawsuit which will let the evidences do the talking. Rumour will always be rumour unless there's evidences, this time he himself provided the ammo to his enemy.

But of course, the pre-requisite is that you have not done as rumoured to go all the way.

vince123123
    Guests

So in his case, where he has done the things that are rumoured, how should he have handled the media reports?

Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    In Durai's case, just leave it be. He can clarify the rumours with explainations but not a full blown lawsuit which will let the evidences do the talking. Rumour will always be rumour unless there's evidences, this time he himself provided the ammo to his enemy.

But of course, the pre-requisite is that you have not done as rumoured to go all the way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast