Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HONGKONG! Accomodation recommendations requested

pianz... bro... don't teach people to be bad lah...

I know the location is good though...

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    pianz... bro... don't teach people to be bad lah...

I know the location is good though...
    hahaha.... me bad boy

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin
    Recommend BP International. Good location and nice new fittings. Book on net cheaper.
    How do they charge ? Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by malkw
    I stayed in majestic (12 floor) from 18-24 june too. My rate is S$118. The hotel is not bad, clean and with ice dispenser outside the room.

Do select non-smoking floor.

togu where you can the lobang, so cheap?
    18th to 24th???? I reached there 25th morning, stayed in 11 floor. You purposely avoid me???

I got the package from City 99 Asia Travel Agency. Cheap? Checked quite a few agents, all almost the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by togu
    18th to 24th???? I reached there 25th morning, stayed in 11 floor. You purposely avoid me???

I got the package from City 99 Asia Travel Agency. Cheap? Checked quite a few agents, all almost the same price.
    think mine is book at Focal at People Park...

i guess price is ard the same.. its jus who u wan to let to do the business..
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Quote Originally Posted by lui002
    How do they charge ? Thanks !
    Book through internet...around USD52 - USD54. No breakfast. nett. no additional charges.

Booked mine at Focal Travel... at a very good rate. $399 (excl. $95 tax)for 7d/6nights flying China Airlines .. but u need to pay by Standard Chartered Credit Card. I'll be staying in the West Hotel near Jordan MTR.

Quote Originally Posted by marcwang
    Booked mine at Focal Travel... at a very good rate. $399 (excl. $95 tax)for 7d/6nights flying China Airlines .. but u need to pay by Standard Chartered Credit Card. I'll be staying in the West Hotel near Jordan MTR.
    $494 for 7D 6N?? That's a steal!! Hrm... did you check if you can top up a little for a better hotel?. Also, the airport-hotel-airport transfer, is it included?

Blog Entries

Just stayed in Majestic 2 weeks ago, 4D 3N $520, inclusive of air ticket (cheapo Jet star tho ), airport tax, airport-hotel-airport transfer. Hotel quite nice, comfortable, hrm, but if you want to stay there, make sure you take the high floor, downstair there's 1 Disco, and you get BOM BOM BOM till dawn, if you stay low.

Grrr... I feel like going again...

hey u can join the Crossing Bridges trip from 31 Aug thru 4 Sep and its only $515 including airfare, taxes, 4 nights hotel AND HK-MACAU-HK ferry tickets AND coach transfers from airport to HK and back to airport !!!!

AND a 2 model shoot AND a welcoming BBQ in Singapore on 30 Aug AND trip gifts AND trip polo-tshirts AND competition prizes...... wah lau...... exhausted
    Check out the thread and let me know. We've got 2 more slots

We are up to 38 pax currently with photographers from Singapore and Indonesia

the thread is here http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...=126305&page=3
    Last edited by ed9119; 14th July 2005 at 06:50 PM.

$494 for 7D 6N?? That's a steal!! Hrm... did you check if you can top up a little for a better hotel?. Also, the airport-hotel-airport transfer, is it included?
    Yes, U can top up. And yes! It includes transfers, a free ASHWORTH bag and a free 1 day City Tour. How to beat that.

guess you need to tip the guide compulsary for the city tour,do check that out.

i recommend topping up for a better hotel cause 7d/6n is a long trip,must make yourself very comfortable.

i was there from 2nd to 5th july,stay at dorsett seaview and book thru city 99 asia travel.So who left when i just reach?who managed to avoid me?
    Some of my trip pics in my gallery.
    They are having fireworks fired from the victoria harbour's buildings on selected dates in july and maybe august,do check them out,it's not every weekend stuffs.i myself was lucky to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119
    hey u can join the Crossing Bridges trip from 31 Aug thru 4 Sep and its only $515 including airfare, taxes, 4 nights hotel AND HK-MACAU-HK ferry tickets AND coach transfers from airport to HK and back to airport !!!!

AND a 2 model shoot AND a welcoming BBQ in Singapore on 30 Aug AND trip gifts AND trip polo-tshirts AND competition prizes...... wah lau...... exhausted
    Check out the thread and let me know. We've got 2 more slots

We are up to 38 pax currently with photographers from Singapore and Indonesia

the thread is here http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...=126305&page=3
    Kakkaka, I know about that trip, very good deal. Just that my wife will probably skinned me alive if I go there for photoshooting.

At the very worse you can always just rent a bed inside Chungking Mansion

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    guess you need to tip the guide compulsary for the city tour,do check that out.

i recommend topping up for a better hotel cause 7d/6n is a long trip,must make yourself very comfortable.

i was there from 2nd to 5th july,stay at dorsett seaview and book thru city 99 asia travel.So who left when i just reach?who managed to avoid me?
    Some of my trip pics in my gallery.
    They are having fireworks fired from the victoria harbour's buildings on selected dates in july and maybe august,do check them out,it's not every weekend stuffs.i myself was lucky to see it.

I do agree with the upgrade Hotel part, pamper yourself a little.

Throw away the city trip, you must pay the guide, about HKD$50 I think. Waste 1 day going to a few artificial tourist spot. Might as well do some planning and go to some nice place. You can,

1. Take MTR to Tsuen Wan station, some nice budget shopping centre there.
    2. Take MTR to admiratly station, change bus to Stanely Market, on the way back, drop by that er... water bay. Taking the double decker bus very shoik, different from tour bus. Their bus driver will show you how they do "drifting" along the mountain way.
    3. Walk to MongKok, Tang Da SHi street, pay HKD$13 for mini-bus to saigon harbour for seafood. Buy on the spot, eat eat eat...

4. Take MTR to shuen wan, there you can take Tram if you want. Nice place to "test eat" free scallops and all the preserve food. Eat until you drop type. There you can walk to Morrison street, some nice antiques.
    5. Take MTR to Taipo, visit that wishing tree. But heard now they took down everything, saving the tree.
    6. Find your way to islands like Tai-O, take picture.

Many many more!! And these are places that "city tour" will not bring you to.

I manage to attend the opening of the damn Symphony of Light on 25th July. Lasted about 15 mins and guess what, no fireworks!!! Just see about 10 buildings flashing some grrrr lights with some grrrr music, the END...
    Last edited by togu; 14th July 2005 at 09:36 PM.

If you dun mind hostels....check out this link lor

http://reservations.bookhostels.com/...tOrderBy=price

Think Kowloon district is cheaper

I got place to recommend, it runs by a family (same hometown with me). They rent out rooms at their HDB around Jordan Rd (Mongkok area), usually for Taiwanese people who do business, etc .. 1 people around S$40-50/nite.
    Very nice auntie and uncle

Stay at the 'famous' Chungking Mansions!

Majestic and Miramar are not bad. Eaton has smaller rooms. Or you can try the new Lingham Hotel/Place.

Earphones are cheaper there, so buy if you need one.

Quote Originally Posted by marcwang
    Yes, U can top up. And yes! It includes transfers, a free ASHWORTH bag and a free 1 day City Tour. How to beat that.
    DON'T go for the complimentary tour, they will prob bring you to jewellery shops, chinese medicine shop selling shark fins etc at exorbitant prices..... Just say you have something on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Stay at the 'famous' Chungking Mansions!

normally I'm not one to bad-mouth businesses but in this case I have to strongly advise against Chung King Mansion's collection of budget hotels....... the entire building is a death trap waiting to happen with its stairwells blocked with boxes, very few lifts in relation to the number of floors

Try Star Guest House.....also very near MTR......very basic but very clean..... and very quick to evacuate in case of emergency.

http://www.starguesthouse.com.hk/info.html#lee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12