View Poll Results: After reading this, will you still donate to NKF?

Voters
244. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, why not?

    13 5.33%
  • No, not any more

    207 84.84%
  • Not sure now

    24 9.84%
Page 94 of 99 FirstFirst ... 446984899293949596 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 1973

Thread: Consolidated NKF Thread

  1. #1861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by feryl
    What a cop-out. Their resignation count for nothing; the damage is done. Are those rejected patients, who could have been helped with their inflated salary, able to find any comfort in that?

    Resignation is not an acceptable recourse. If they were to do the right thing and restitute part of their incredulous pay to the fund and keep patients alive, I would say that some good has been done; as of now, they're just escaping the brickbats.

    AGREE!!!!!!!!!

  2. #1862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    don't worry, NKF has lots of money. $260 million in fact.

    even if NKF had no money, do you think the Gov will do nothing and let thousands of kidney patients die?
    Won't let them die la but PPP...

  3. #1863

    Default

    Did anyone here know so far IF any celebraties that has been supportive NKF in the past step forward and speak up about this NKF saga? Good and bad?
    Cheers

  4. #1864

    Default

    PM Lee will address Parliament about the NKF issue/debacle on Monday.
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...158013/1/.html

    Still one wonders, if NKF hadn't sued SPH would all this have come out? Greater transparency across all organisations is required.

  5. #1865
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    The 3rd and LAST SHOW which was held yesterday (14 July) generated only approximately $1million worth of donations (Note: There wasn't any active pushing of prizes and there was NO MENTION of how many phone calls were generated so the origin of the $1m donations whether its from phone calls or not is seriously in doubt).
    my guess is its not even enough to pay the BOD & CEO.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  6. #1866

    Lightbulb

    care to be explicit?

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    it is a criminal offence for an officer of a corporation, with intent to deceive members or creditors of the corporation about its affairs, to publish or concur in publishing a written statement or account which to his knowledge is or may be misleading etc.

    a criminal offence is commited by a person who by deception dishonestly obtains for himself or herself an opportunity to earn remuneration or greater remuneration in an office or employment.

  7. #1867

    Lightbulb

    interim chariman and acting ceo ee is unlikely to be directly involved in the revamping of the org. he is there to fill the temporary vacancies till the new board and ceo are appointed. i expect this to be swift.

    his priorities are:
    1. ensure that dialysis services at nkf to continue smoothly, and
    2. to restore morale of staff.

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    now that gerard ee has been appointed interim chairman of nkf, ppl will wait and see what he does next. no point moaning any more about nkf now without giving him a chance to revamp the organisation.

  8. #1868

    Lightbulb

    valid question.

    health minister said moh receives annual reports from nkf and other bodies. i wonder what they do with the reports submitted to them. put them on the library shelf?

    Quote Originally Posted by swampthing

    Still one wonders, if NKF hadn't sued SPH would all this have come out? Greater transparency across all organisations is required.

  9. #1869
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amospi
    Wa everyone start to take back $ than now not one support the patient lao.., NKF no money and Gov not helping than the Kidney patient how? I really worried about them and there already very pity future.... Really hope the GOV do something for those pity poor citizen..
    Hey dude, our lives is expendable man!

  10. #1870
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peanuts ala NKF
    Did anyone here know so far IF any celebraties that has been supportive NKF in the past step forward and speak up about this NKF saga? Good and bad?
    Cheers
    I bet they all doesn't have the guts to speak anything regarding the NKF. If they do, it's gonna be good things anyway. If it's bad things (which that doesn't happen), they are finished man!

  11. #1871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amospi
    Wa everyone start to take back $ than now not one support the patient lao.., NKF no money and Gov not helping than the Kidney patient how? I really worried about them and there already very pity future.... Really hope the GOV do something for those pity poor citizen..
    Don't worry lah !

    NKF has >$200million in reserve. Enough for them to help all the kidney patients if they really wanted to for years without collecting another cent from the public. Otherwise, this money is just siting around doing nothing useful except to collect interests and be used as Key Performance Indicators to justify the large salaries and bonuses of the administrators.

    That revelation could actually be a bumbling block in getting people to start donating again to NKF. I for one feel that they do not need donation as urgently as other charities who don't have such large cash reserves. Even if the NKF is reconstituted, if I want to donate, I might as well donate to KDF. They need the money more.

  12. #1872
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    So fast, this thread is dieing down already ah? Come on Singaporean, keep them pouring in!

  13. #1873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampthing
    Still one wonders, if NKF hadn't sued SPH would all this have come out? Greater transparency across all organisations is required.
    Davinder Singh has done an excellent job
    Prior to this law suit, there were 2 others by NKF. Both suits failed to expose Durai. Their lawyers did not do a good job but still pocket money.

    Being a Lawyer is a good profession.

  14. #1874
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum
    So fast, this thread is dieing down already ah? Come on Singaporean, keep them pouring in!
    No offence meant Spectrum but given that the key players behind the recent outrage of NKF have already stepped down (isn't that what most of us had wanted), the MPs are going to raise this in the next parliamentary sitting, an inquiry panel may be set up to look into this and last but not the least what have been said and already been said and not to mentioned that they were repeated upteen times, shouldn't it be a good time to move on and let Gerard Ee, the new board and the traumatised employees of NKF to pick up the pieces to review their structure, vision, mission and to rebuild public trust?

    It's time to move on and there's no point to whip the dead dog so to speak and post aimlessly simply to prolong the lifespan of this thread.

    In short perhaps it's time to consider moving on!

  15. #1875
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi
    No offence meant Spectrum but given that the key players behind the recent outrage of NKF have already stepped down (isn't that what most of us had wanted), the MPs are going to raise this in the next parliamentary sitting, an inquiry panel may be set up to look into this and last but not the least what have been said and already been said and not to mentioned that they were repeated upteen times, shouldn't it be a good time to move on and let Gerard Ee, the new board and the traumatised employees of NKF to pick up the pieces to review their structure, vision, mission and to rebuild public trust?

    It's time to move on and there's no point to whip the dead dog so to speak and post aimlessly simply to prolong the lifespan of this thread.

    In short perhaps it's time to consider moving on!
    Buah....hah....ha....ha.... You're right dude! So is Gerard Ee another one big happy family too?

  16. #1876
    Senior Member poohbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum
    Buah....hah....ha....ha.... You're right dude! So is Gerard Ee another one big happy family too?
    Considering his track record , I would consider him the best man to take over NKF atm ...

  17. #1877

    Default

    I think this NKF saga should end for now. Next item would be L.T.A. the blame-cultured office. Always blaming others and not themself. Heard of the case in Tampines whereby a cyclist rode into a metal barrier and got coma & paralyse? LTA blames the contractor for not submitting the work-method before work start. gezz! why would LTA give the work go ahead when all documents are not in order? Just like Nicoll Highway, LTA blames others.

  18. #1878
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nova_nebula
    I think this NKF saga should end for now. Next item would be L.T.A. the blame-cultured office. Always blaming others and not themself. Heard of the case in Tampines whereby a cyclist rode into a metal barrier and got coma & paralyse? LTA blames the contractor for not submitting the work-method before work start. gezz! why would LTA give the work go ahead when all documents are not in order? Just like Nicoll Highway, LTA blames others.
    as far as i am concerned, NKF incident has not ended. where is the transparency of accounts? everyone's pushing to move on, but how to move on when we don't know what exactly went wrong?

  19. #1879

    Default

    There will be investigations. New leadership for NKF will be form. All to be said had been said. Let the new team do their work and we see whether Transparency and Accountability is hallmark. I do hope people don't loss sight of this but rather keep a close eye on it. But for now, not much can be gain by more talk. So let G.EE do his work, and we see.

  20. #1880
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    1 Dalvey Road
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi
    I can't think of a better candidate than Mr Gerard Ee. For the benfit of those who do not know him, he's the son of the late Dr Ee Peng Liang, who was fondly remembered as the Father of Charity ...

    Then again, it's going to be tough on him ... he really got the job cut out for him!
    being a son of so-and-so does not mean
    he is the same.

    don't know him personally,
    though seen him several times in church.

    IF he is half as good as the late Dr Ee,
    he gets my vote.

    Adam,
    maybe u like to tell us more of
    who he is instead?
    thanks.

Page 94 of 99 FirstFirst ... 446984899293949596 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •