View Poll Results: After reading this, will you still donate to NKF?

Voters
244. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, why not?

    13 5.33%
  • No, not any more

    207 84.84%
  • Not sure now

    24 9.84%
Page 74 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2449646972737475767984 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1973

Thread: Consolidated NKF Thread

  1. #1461
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Near Tampines MRT
    Posts
    975

    Default

    All along I've been sceptical about the way they are being run as a charity. The case just strengthed my thoughts.

  2. #1462

    Default

    He who steps on the tiger's tail..

    quotation from the free transcript from SPH who would normally charge us readers $.
    ""
    Q. I would like to read the third line: "The committee suggested that Mr Durai should be compensated a sum of $20,000 per month. Mr Durai felt he should take a lesser amount as a salary, $12,000 per month ..."
    ""

    The NKF committee is the one who determines the pay for their CEO, so shouldnt the NKF committee be held responsible, rather than the CEO.
    Afterall, without the approval from the board, how would the CEO be allowed a generous bonus and package for his employment.

    My question is who are in the NKF committee and board?
    Shouldn't they come under the spotlight?

  3. #1463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yowch
    Democracy is follow the will of the majority. If you are the only sane person in a country of maniacs, and you are the only righteous person in a country of criminals, then you are minority. Democracy allows you the free will to see what the majority is doing to the country. Democracy allows the immoral to remain immoral if he can find enough supporters. Sure you can choose, but you must also respect others' choice, especially the majority.

    Which is why many will agree with student's statement that democracy allows for a lot of nonsense. The is no moral in a true democracy, there is only the view of the majority.

    That is why we there is a need to elect a few representative 'thinkers' and 'leaders' to guide the majority into the right path, whatever that right path may be. The government is suppose to fill this role.
    I respect the majority, but that doesnít mean I should follow the majority.
    I have my own views, and my own rights.
    I know that a lot of things are supposed to be this or that, then why not let me have my this, when others have their that?

    BTW I donít think democracy is to follow the will of the majority.
    U cannot just ask me to be silent, while I stand and see what I felt is wrong happening.


    Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    I assume these were meant as a joke right? Because charity and trade are very different and what you've just mentioned is trade. If I'm not wrong, charity is giving without expecting anything in return. Even recognition is optional.
    Trade and Charity are different. But I still expect something in return for whatever charity I am doing.
    In fact I had this conversation with one of my fren, she did asked me why did I do charity work or donate? I told her honestly I do it just so I can atone for whatever sins I might have in this life and previous lives. I give because I feel guilty that I have a pair of hands, a pair of legs, perfect functions body and a loving family, when I know that there are so many people out there suffering.

    Quote Originally Posted by student
    Ahem!

    Call me dumb! Call me ANYTHING!

    But I just do not understand the stand by people like Adam Goi and Nisa. Somepeole have money to throw. Others want theirs to be used well.

    I am not questioning their motives, which are highly commendable.

    I just do not understand how their logic work. Or maybe I do.
    Please insult me by suggesting that I am throwing my money. I think by donating to NKF, my money is used well.

    Quote Originally Posted by jopel
    Nisa, I like your spirit. Are you very emotionally attach to NKF and the good cause they are doing? If yes then you are in a denial stage of this whole episode. If not then are you using reverse psychology to vent your anger.
    I am not emotionally attached to NKF or ďgoodĒ cause they are doing. I personally saw how my auntie had paid her way thru her dialysis without help from NKF,. Yeah I was angry cause they did not help her out, but then I thought things out. I know that they can well afford to pay for pte dialysis, why should they burden the system.

    Nay I never use reverse psychology, I am too stupid for that.
    Last edited by Nisa; 14th July 2005 at 04:48 PM.

  4. #1464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ullyss
    He who steps on the tiger's tail..

    quotation from the free transcript from SPH who would normally charge us readers $.
    ""
    Q. I would like to read the third line: "The committee suggested that Mr Durai should be compensated a sum of $20,000 per month. Mr Durai felt he should take a lesser amount as a salary, $12,000 per month ..."
    ""

    The NKF committee is the one who determines the pay for their CEO, so shouldnt the NKF committee be held responsible, rather than the CEO.
    Afterall, without the approval from the board, how would the CEO be allowed a generous bonus and package for his employment.

    My question is who are in the NKF committee and board?
    Shouldn't they come under the spotlight?
    lamb sent to the mouth of tiger's cave.

  5. #1465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ullyss
    My question is who are in the NKF committee and board?
    Shouldn't they come under the spotlight?
    The commitee members are listed in the Straits Times today together with some of their photos.

  6. #1466
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Redhill
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    NKF staff, surely you did plenty of good, as a matter of fact, at least 1800 people will come forth and thank you. But can we TRUST you to continue to do good? For every 1800 patients, how many are disappointed by regulations and put-off by golden tap? The issue here is that, while most people will agree that NKF has noble intentions, the trust in the management (and now the staff) is gone.

    Good that I have not donated to NKF, the monkey-show people. I have been giving money to those who I can help directly, not fund some Mercedes and 1st-class flights. I may not be giving to WORLD standard charity, or that my givings are so large to talk about, but at least I know that the meager bits that I give gets to the end user 100%. I'll settle for 75% (like what zaren proposed), I shall consider KDF.

  7. #1467
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    Trade and Charity are different. But I still expect something in return for whatever charity I am doing.
    In fact I had this conversation with one of my fren, she did asked me why did I do charity work or donate? I told her honestly I do it just so I can atone for whatever sins I might have in this life and previous lives. I give because I feel guilty that I have a pair of hands, a pair of legs, perfect functions body and a loving family, when I know that there are so many people out there suffering.

    Please insult me by suggesting that I am throwing my money. I think by donating to NKF, my money is used well.
    Aside from atoning to your sins and feeling guilty, you also want to be recognized by the public for your donation and get paid handsomely by your charity work?

    Your money is now either in the reserved collecting interest for 40 years while you "know that there are so many people out there suffering". Does this not constitute as throwing money away? And assuming the NKF show is successful again, this 40years will stretch some more. Now tell me again why only 2000 were helped? How many were rejected because they cannot meet a certain criteria (mostly they cannot pay the nominal fee). Wouldn't you agree that these people needed the help more? And wouldn't this seem like they are penalized for being too poor? I think it is okay to be selective due to limited funding but for this case, it seems the reasoning for the rejection is quite flimsy at best and discriminating at worst.

  8. #1468
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Redhill
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    I respect the majority, but that doesnít mean I should follow the majority.
    I have my own views, and my own rights.
    I know that a lot of things are supposed to be this or that, then why not let me have my this, when others have their that?

    BTW I donít think democracy is to follow the will of the majority.
    U cannot just ask me to be silent, while I stand and see what I felt is wrong happening.
    I was refering to your post (1297 on page 65) that the you said that "I agree that democracy is here for me to stand on what I believe. I disagree however, "Democracy allows for a lot of nonsense". With democracy, only would I know what others are thinking of. and how I can seek a balance for my existence in this world."

    If you respect and adhere to democracy, you WILL accept and follow the decision of the majority. In a democracy, the will of the majority is taken as the 'correct' will. You are referring to freedom of speech to have your own stand, and yet respect the majority. In a democracy, the losers conform, or leave.

    Yes it is good that we have our rights. I have no problems with you supporting NKF, I would prefer to support a more efficient, more transparent and more charitable NKF. I believe you can agree to that.

  9. #1469

    Default

    LOOKING FOR A JOB FAST??... try this..

    http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=1063029

    BUT note!...pay maybe PEANUTS..

  10. #1470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    Aside from atoning to your sins and feeling guilty, you also want to be recognized by the public for your donation and get paid handsomely by your charity work?

    Your money is now either in the reserved collecting interest for 40 years while you "know that there are so many people out there suffering". Does this not constitute as throwing money away? And assuming the NKF show is successful again, this 40years will stretch some more. Now tell me again why only 2000 were helped? How many were rejected because they cannot meet a certain criteria (mostly they cannot pay the nominal fee). Wouldn't you agree that these people needed the help more? And wouldn't this seem like they are penalized for being too poor? I think it is okay to be selective due to limited funding but for this case, it seems the reasoning for the rejection is quite flimsy at best and discriminating at worst.
    can i do that? where to q for that to happen?

    BTW how do u know if my money is collecting interest?

    how many kidney patients are there? 2000 is how many percentage of it?
    how many of them CAN afford their own care?

    I agree people need help when things happen beyond their control.

    I am quite curious about this part "How many were rejected because they cannot meet a certain criteria (mostly they cannot pay the nominal fee). Wouldn't you agree that these people needed the help more? And wouldn't this seem like they are penalized for being too poor?" Where did you get the idea from?

  11. #1471
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    I am quite curious about this part "How many were rejected because they cannot meet a certain criteria (mostly they cannot pay the nominal fee). Wouldn't you agree that these people needed the help more? And wouldn't this seem like they are penalized for being too poor?" Where did you get the idea from?
    Wow... you really are clueless... now I understand where your arguments are coming from. I rest my case, respect democracy and respect your POV.

  12. #1472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yowch
    I was refering to your post (1297 on page 65) that the you said that "I agree that democracy is here for me to stand on what I believe. I disagree however, "Democracy allows for a lot of nonsense". With democracy, only would I know what others are thinking of. and how I can seek a balance for my existence in this world."

    If you respect and adhere to democracy, you WILL accept and follow the decision of the majority. In a democracy, the will of the majority is taken as the 'correct' will. You are referring to freedom of speech to have your own stand, and yet respect the majority. In a democracy, the losers conform, or leave.

    Yes it is good that we have our rights. I have no problems with you supporting NKF, I would prefer to support a more efficient, more transparent and more charitable NKF. I believe you can agree to that.
    I do respect democracy, i do not think that democracy is to bend to other people's will. it might be the "correct" will to the majority, but to me it's not. To me democracy is having the right to stand on whichever side a person choose and to be hear. And i think freedom of speech is part of democracy. (do i need to take my social studies again? )

    We are not making a decision, why should there be a "conform or leave"? are we having an argument or a debate about it?

    I would prefer to have a more efficient, more transparent and more charitable NKF, but i don't think we can do it.

  13. #1473
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter
    Where can I get transscripts? Is there any govt sites that I can logon to retrieve?
    Those are the actual court transcripts in case ur fingers can't even be bothered to click on those links
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  14. #1474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    I am quite curious about this part "How many were rejected because they cannot meet a certain criteria (mostly they cannot pay the nominal fee). Wouldn't you agree that these people needed the help more? And wouldn't this seem like they are penalized for being too poor?" Where did you get the idea from?
    unfortunately this is not merely a cooked up "idea" - you just have not encountered real-life examples of your friends, colleagues, family denied help from nkf that's all...

  15. #1475
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    I would prefer to have a more efficient, more transparent and more charitable NKF, but i don't think we can do it.
    care to share why you think we can't do it?

  16. #1476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    Wow... you really are clueless... now I understand where your arguments are coming from. I rest my case, respect democracy and respect your POV.
    thank you for acknowledging my pov, but i still would like to know where u got the idea that people are rejected because they are "mostly they cannot pay the nominal fee"?

  17. #1477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SledgeHammer
    unfortunately this is not merely a cooked up "idea" - you just have not encountered real-life examples of your friends, colleagues, family denied help from nkf that's all...

    Ahem! I quote "I personally saw how my auntie had paid her way thru her dialysis without help from NKF,. Yeah I was angry cause they did not help her out, but then I thought things out. I know that they can well afford to pay for pte dialysis, why should they burden the system. "

  18. #1478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    care to share why you think we can't do it?
    cause no matter how hard a person try, u can't please everyone. I would have my own pt of views and i will say how bad it's run.

  19. #1479
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    cause no matter how hard a person try, u can't please everyone. I would have my own pt of views and i will say how bad it's run.
    but this whole incident isn't about pleasing everyone.

  20. #1480
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    thank you for acknowledging my pov, but i still would like to know where u got the idea that people are rejected because they are "mostly they cannot pay the nominal fee"?
    You're not kidding? Here is one link:

    COME N CLICK ME BABY

    another one from the blog of an ex-NKF staff got removed but she also mention that she have to stop supporting a patient because he did not pay the minimum of 6 months... when the story went public, NKF apologize and blame the staff (which is her and her boss). So she quit after that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •