View Poll Results: After reading this, will you still donate to NKF?

Voters
244. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, why not?

    13 5.33%
  • No, not any more

    207 84.84%
  • Not sure now

    24 9.84%
Page 63 of 99 FirstFirst ... 133853586162636465687388 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1973

Thread: Consolidated NKF Thread

  1. #1241
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi
    For me I won't be withdrawing my monthly donation because I still want to help those who are benefitting from NKF. Whether there's any foul play, I'll leave it to justice, either in the lifetime or when they meet their maker. The management will have to answer to the donors, the government and also their clients.

    I hope this will pave the way for a more transparent structure to be put in place, a more responsible and accountable team of people in the management and getting back to basics ...
    Let us hope.... continue hoping..... and hope and hope... Yes. Its always good to hope.

    Donors like us get caught between the devil and the deep blue sea, both sides of ur hand's made of flesh.

    Tuff call huh?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  2. #1242

    Default

    25142 Total Signatures

    btw can we design a t-shirt with the theme "I love peanuts"?

  3. #1243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    Why u still decide to donate to NKF despite the durai fiasco?
    Everyone else is cancelling their donations.
    I choose to continue donation to NKF, because i believe in them.
    Offering such help to patients are not the easiest thing, to be involved with people who would die and never recover, to me, is the worst job that can ever be working at. I would not choose to work there, cause i don't think i can carry the responsiblities of these patients on my shoulder everyday. Knowing that they are dependent on how well i would go and get the donations and making sure they would have enough for their treatments, just so they can prolong their lives to be with their loved ones.

    I believe in Mr Durai's leadership, and to some extends i pity him in this whole fiasco.

    Quote Originally Posted by judeseah
    unless full disclosure by Nisa,
    else i would suggest vested interest, imo.
    vested = Settled, fixed, or absolute; being without contingency: a vested right.
    I do have vested interest in it. I happen to be on my way there, but i don't think i can take NKF's help, cause my household income happens to be higher than the cut off limit.

    However, that doesn't mean that i want other people who can get help from them, not able to get it, because funds are going to be tighter in the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    otherwise he/she may benifit from NKF as well? i'm am guessing
    of course i benefit from NKF. I get comfort that i donate money to them, and people get help from it. They might not be able to save all, but they do help.

  4. #1244

    Default

    we should donate more money to other charities. NKF already havce reserves for the next 30 years even if we stop giving them $.

    If they want to help, they have the money. If they am not keen to help, even if you donate $ to them, it will just go the the fat pay cheque of many on the board.. while the many patients are NOT getting anything

    give to Kidney foundation instead.. http://www.kdf.org.sg/indexkdf.htm

  5. #1245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    I choose to continue donation to NKF, because i believe in them.
    Offering such help to patients are not the easiest thing, to be involved with people who would die and never recover, to me, is the worst job that can ever be working at. I would not choose to work there, cause i don't think i can carry the responsiblities of these patients on my shoulder everyday. Knowing that they are dependent on how well i would go and get the donations and making sure they would have enough for their treatments, just so they can prolong their lives to be with their loved ones.

    I believe in Mr Durai's leadership, and to some extends i pity him in this whole fiasco.



    vested = Settled, fixed, or absolute; being without contingency: a vested right.
    I do have vested interest in it. I happen to be on my way there, but i don't think i can take NKF's help, cause my household income happens to be higher than the cut off limit.

    However, that doesn't mean that i want other people who can get help from them, not able to get it, because funds are going to be tighter in the future.


    of course i benefit from NKF. I get comfort that i donate money to them, and people get help from it. They might not be able to save all, but they do help.
    - Patient numbers were inflated
    - reserve stood at 262 million
    - reserve can last for 30 years, not 3 years
    - They spent 30+ millions on paitents BUT patients still have to fougt out 24+ millions
    - NKF only "serve" 44% of kidney paitent in Singapore
    - Private car of CEo maintained by NKF
    - CEO have other directorships
    - private relationship with fellow NKF supporter

  6. #1246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluewater
    - Patient numbers were inflated
    - reserve stood at 262 million
    - reserve can last for 30 years, not 3 years
    - They spent 30+ millions on paitents BUT patients still have to fougt out 24+ millions
    - NKF only "serve" 44% of kidney paitent in Singapore
    - Private car of CEo maintained by NKF
    - CEO have other directorships
    - private relationship with fellow NKF supporter
    Obviously u have alot of questions about how NKF is run, why don't u ask them these things? I am not a representative of NKF, i cannot say anything on their behalf. But I stand where i stand.

  7. #1247

    Default

    I applaud to your view.. please go ahead and support them.. it's your money.. not mine..

    yes, they will need your $$ for them to get 12 months bonus for 2005.. don't fail their expectation..

  8. #1248

    Default

    btw those are not questions.. they are facts from the minister report and from the court rooms.

  9. #1249

    Lightbulb

    private relationship? if you are referring to matilda chua, it is a business/commercial relationship where durai has a stake in the business with matilda in which nkf contracted out its call centre to. this was not declared to the board.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluewater

    - private relationship with fellow NKF supporter

  10. #1250

    Default

    private Business relationship with fellow NKF supporter.. that is..

  11. #1251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluewater
    I applaud to your view.. please go ahead and support them.. it's your money.. not mine..

    yes, they will need your $$ for them to get 12 months bonus for 2005.. don't fail their expectation..
    I will. Thank u.

  12. #1252

    Default

    that's the penalty of putting all eggs in one basket. no one to check. i begin to think of the one party policy in Singapore.

  13. #1253
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75


    for me, i'm pretty cheesed off by the fact dat the deputy director of comms NKF actually said on TV dat the staff gave a standing ovation to Durai... come on... goes to show the collective corporate arrogance of NKF.
    Standing ovation?

    I personally think none deserves it.

    As far as I could recall, even the late President Ong Teng Cheong did not receive standing ovations for all his charity efforts being the philanthropist he was.

    Now... what did Durai do to deserve it? Kinda makes u wonder huh?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  14. #1254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    I will. Thank u.
    Not thanks me lah.. the Chairman and CEO should thank you instead (all while they are laughing all the way to the banks)

  15. #1255
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    I choose to continue donation to NKF, because i believe in them.
    Offering such help to patients are not the easiest thing, to be involved with people who would die and never recover, to me, is the worst job that can ever be working at. I would not choose to work there, cause i don't think i can carry the responsiblities of these patients on my shoulder everyday. Knowing that they are dependent on how well i would go and get the donations and making sure they would have enough for their treatments, just so they can prolong their lives to be with their loved ones.

    I believe in Mr Durai's leadership, and to some extends i pity him in this whole fiasco.
    I applaud your good intentions, but seriously from this incident, its seems to me that NKF is a charity which is not capable of handling donations well. I understand the overheads needed to run such a big charity but this Durai really earns TOO MUCH... Personally, i seldom donate cash... i will donate my time or buy them what they need instead.
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  16. #1256
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    Obviously u have alot of questions about how NKF is run, why don't u ask them these things? I am not a representative of NKF, i cannot say anything on their behalf. But I stand where i stand.
    Unfortunately, those are facts, not questions. Fact remains, paitents are being told to pay at 'subsidised rates' when the 'subsidy' is a neligible amount. Not really significant.

    Still its ur money. We can persuade u to see our point-of-view (ie, how funds were apparently abused for extravagant stuff when they can be even better used to help even more ppl), but we can't force u to believe in us.

    Its ur call buddy. All the best.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  17. #1257

    Default

    i don't think the blame should rest squarely on T.T. Durai's shoulders alone, cos from what i gather from all the reports in the papers, it's ultimately the organisation's decision to allow him such luxuries in the first place. on that point alone, of course they'd support him fully since they'd be sticking their feet in their mouths if they didn't.

  18. #1258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    I applaud your good intentions, but seriously from this incident, its seems to me that NKF is a charity which is not capable of handling donations well. I understand the overheads needed to run such a big charity but this Durai really earns TOO MUCH... Personally, i seldom donate cash... i will donate my time or buy them what they need instead.
    NKF is run by human beings. It's not perfect, I agree.
    But i feel they are handling the donations as well as they can.
    I see plenty of NKF programs to help people, esp this new program for cancer patients is quite inspiring for me. And i do know that cancer is another expensive illness. If I do not get help from org like NKF, where can I turn to then?
    I disagree he earns too much, I agree that he should have come out straight with his pay package.

    So which charity do u donate ur time to?
    Can i get u to donate stuffs this coming christmas for some kids?

  19. #1259
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    private relationship? if you are referring to matilda chua, it is a business/commercial relationship where durai has a stake in the business with matilda in which nkf contracted out its call centre to. this was not declared to the board.
    A commercial relationship without it being declared to the board?

    Either way, he gets to earn, I assume? His total income might be even more than $0.5m if that's the case. Perhaps we might be looking at a figure close to a million a month?

    A noble cause ended up in a state of mess. Time for CID and CPIB to step in to clear out the trash.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  20. #1260
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    private relationship? if you are referring to matilda chua, it is a business/commercial relationship where durai has a stake in the business with matilda in which nkf contracted out its call centre to. this was not declared to the board.
    Its called conflict of interest. Using his position at NKF to gain a contract for another company(for outsourcing call centre) which he is a director of.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •