View Poll Results: After reading this, will you still donate to NKF?

Voters
244. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, why not?

    13 5.33%
  • No, not any more

    207 84.84%
  • Not sure now

    24 9.84%
Page 57 of 99 FirstFirst ... 73247525556575859626782 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1973

Thread: Consolidated NKF Thread

  1. #1121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deslim27
    LOL! Perhaps I should send him a good tin to keep the peanuts.. must keep fresh you know!
    U need to send him a very BIG tin ....

  2. #1122
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    2,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by damian77
    U need to send him a very BIG tin ....
    Hey.. Cannot too big, may be got leftover for me..

    Their PEANUT is my BULLOCK CART!

  3. #1123
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melnjes
    Regarding his pay, we should look at NKF before Mr Durai came on board and after. NKF was really transformed after he took over - if you look at how much NKF took in in donations before and during his tenure, I think we can justify his pay and bonus. It doesn't matter whether NKF is a charitable organisation or not - his performance speaks for itself. Don't be surprised - 10-12 months' bonus is very common in certain sectors and at higher levels. In some places, we can see as much as 24 months or more.

    What Mr Durai should be faulted for is the questionable ethical behaviour e.g. hiding of paid directorships from NKF, the NKF engagement of a company with apparent financial ties to him, as well as the apparent extravagance of the renovations.

    I honestly doubt NKF's publicity machine will be able to repair the damage in light of the public hostility now present. For the good of NKF, Mr Durai will probably have to step down. If he does not or has to be forced out, well, then you'd know whether he was truly working for NKF and its patients or for himself.
    Don't agree with you. Shouldn't even compare a charitable organisation with companies from certain sectors. A charitable organisation is still a charitable organisation. The money it gets come from good will, not from a product that consumers purchased. It should never be compared with public companies which main aim is to make money and more money.

    What we want to see is how these money are being channelled in a charitable organisation, which has been kept in the dark.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  4. #1124

    Post Petition online-NKF

    Petition

    see the result here, cast your vote.

  5. #1125
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,793
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo
    Don't agree with you. Shouldn't even compare a charitable organisation with companies from certain sectors. A charitable organisation is still a charitable organisation. The money it gets come from good will, not from a product that consumers purchased. It should never be compared with public companies which main aim is to make money and more money.

    What we want to see is how these money are being channelled in a charitable organisation, which has been kept in the dark.
    Kept in the dark? You 've been had........... Suckers!!!! ..... ahem, I mean those blood suckers!!!!

  6. #1126
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The 13th floor
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caman
    Petition

    see the result here, cast your vote.
    They should actually include all in the Board, not just Durai. Cos they're also accountable to his huge salary & bonus.
    All should go in order to install public confident.

  7. #1127

    Default

    Public backlash over NKF

    The NKF said since its court case started on Monday, 2,700 people have called to cancel their contributions.

    Its Kim Keat headquarters was vandalised on Wednesday morning, and swiftly repainted when the NKF's staff found out.

    There is also an online petition asking for Mr Durai's resignation. At last count, nearly 7,500 people have signed it.

    Others tell Channel NewsAsia that the good work that's being done by NKF should not be hijacked by this one incident.
    "Good work"? Good work for the CEO and his cars + taps or for the patients?

  8. #1128
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    Posts
    183

    Default

    NKF should also disclose how they pay the Directors too... wonder if it will be more shocking news.

    and also the CEO sits on other boards too, he only make 'just apperances' only...also short-changed those companies shareholders...wtf, for 25000/yr to make a few appearances, better paid than most TCS actress/actors...

  9. #1129

    Default

    Yup, every single detail must now be made tranparent and revealed to the public. The board must be made accountable too and whoever approves all these wage structures and stuff...an independent body must be set up to monitor all these charities...

    seems like there is no check and balance in place right now...

  10. #1130
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    none of this would have happened if:

    1. it had been transparent about its expenditure;
    2. it didn't incur unnessary expenditure like first class seats, expensive taps;
    3. it didn't turn away the other patients who were in need
    4......

    the list goes on ......

  11. #1131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,181

    Default

    The decoration at those centre damn solid. Like no need $ like that. Furthermore, beside each machine, got tv to entertain the patient. Seem like only those who can afford go to the centre else u stay home and die as you still need to pay NKF an amount even got public donation.

    After reading today newpaper and see all those faces esp ...... (better zip else get sue), I think even I kenna toto or whatever, I wouldn't give a cent to NKF. Really make my blood boils.

    Kudos to the person who spray the paint . Pray hard he will never get caught. If sg is like phillipine, imagine how many ppl standing outside NKF liao

    Damn angry now. Even I got kidney problem, i rather die than to use my life to CHEAT other $. Not that I bad mouth abt those who having kidney problem but once you got that illness, sometime death is just what ones think of.

    In this world, really no $ no talk!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  12. #1132
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Beach Road
    Posts
    3,749

    Default

    let me add on:

    none of this would have happened if:

    1. it had been transparent about its expenditure;
    2. it didn't incur unnessary expenditure like first class seats, expensive taps;
    3. it didn't turn away the other patients who were in need
    4. if they have not paid Mr. Durai Peanuts!

  13. #1133

    Default

    are we climbing the wrong tree...the salary thing could be a troll. The elaborate toilet cum bathroom should be more interesting or am I seeing too many James Bond movies.

  14. #1134
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tao
    let me add on:

    none of this would have happened if:

    1. it had been transparent about its expenditure;
    2. it didn't incur unnessary expenditure like first class seats, expensive taps;
    3. it didn't turn away the other patients who were in need
    4. if they have not paid Mr. Durai Peanuts!

  15. #1135

    Lightbulb

    my feeling is that its mgt and board took advantage of its charity status and got away with running the orgn the way they have. until today. had nkf been a public listed co, the onus and obligations of its board and senior mgt with regards to disclosure would have brought criminal charges against it.
    alas, it is not to be.

    next thing on my mind. what roles did the auditor/s played in nkf's accounts?



    Quote Originally Posted by boroangel
    Yup, every single detail must now be made tranparent and revealed to the public. The board must be made accountable too and whoever approves all these wage structures and stuff...an independent body must be set up to monitor all these charities...

    seems like there is no check and balance in place right now...

  16. #1136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM
    The decoration at those centre damn solid. Like no need $ like that. Furthermore, beside each machine, got tv to entertain the patient. Seem like only those who can afford go to the centre else u stay home and die as you still need to pay NKF an amount even got public donation.

    After reading today newpaper and see all those faces esp ...... (better zip else get sue), I think even I kenna toto or whatever, I wouldn't give a cent to NKF. Really make my blood boils.

    Kudos to the person who spray the paint . Pray hard he will never get caught. If sg is like phillipine, imagine how many ppl standing outside NKF liao

    Damn angry now. Even I got kidney problem, i rather die than to use my life to CHEAT other $. Not that I bad mouth abt those who having kidney problem but once you got that illness, sometime death is just what ones think of.

    In this world, really no $ no talk!
    If the decor is to make the patients feel more comfortable, then I feel it's ok. Sitting there for hours with nothing to do can drive a person crazy, so a TV does help relieve boredom.

    It's the gold tap and the toilet seat that makes people see red

  17. #1137

    Lightbulb

    is this called retribution? not that i believe in it.

    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderlilz
    none of this would have happened if:

    1. it had been transparent about its expenditure;
    2. it didn't incur unnessary expenditure like first class seats, expensive taps;
    3. it didn't turn away the other patients who were in need
    4......

    the list goes on ......

  18. #1138
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    Posts
    183

    Default

    i may be wrong but i think the auditors only verify the accountings. they do not comment on whether it is extravagant or whatever .. just to ensure the books are recorded accurately.

  19. #1139
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Honestly, right now I am more interested to find out what the tapware and toilet seat look like

    Any interior designer here?

  20. #1140

    Default

    Wondering how much he had paid for his INCOME tAX?????

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •