View Poll Results: After reading this, will you still donate to NKF?

Voters
244. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, why not?

    13 5.33%
  • No, not any more

    207 84.84%
  • Not sure now

    24 9.84%
Page 55 of 99 FirstFirst ... 53045505354555657606580 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1973

Thread: Consolidated NKF Thread

  1. #1081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AstralPrue
    To put things into perspective, I don't even earn in a year what Mr Happy gets in a month.

    I would REALLY love to have some of that peanuts.
    come, come I have some leftover peanuts from chinese new year

  2. #1082
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Beach Road
    Posts
    3,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jopel
    come, come I have some leftover peanuts from chinese new year
    wah... left over one ah... too much reserve peanuts is it?

  3. #1083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yowch
    Probably the entire board MUST stay behind him, as they have all a cut of the cake.
    watch out, our mr Happy is very frustrated at losing the court battle to SPH and he may now come to sue you

  4. #1084
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Beach Road
    Posts
    3,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swing123
    watch out, our mr Happy is very frustrated at losing the court battle to SPH and he may now come to sue you
    can get mr singh to defend lah... don't worry lah...

  5. #1085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tao
    wah... left over one ah... too much reserve peanuts is it?
    ya, can last for 30 years

  6. #1086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    I would like to know who would be so noble to step in the shoes of NKF CEO putting in all the work and getting peanuts for it. Not forgetting generate as much donatations as this person had for NKF.
    Its all relative ainit ? If a monkey tried to eat 600,000 plus pea nuts in a year I am sure that would be either one dead or very sick monkey.

    If 600,000 buck is peanuts thant what is real money ? This is a charitable organization that has no real income - the main inflow of funds is from donations and in this organization's case - payments from the clients. It is not a profit generating company so prudence has to be taken in how much they pay people becuase each dollar paid is mostly from donor funds- their statements in the past indicate that they recruit from China, India ect to get cheaper mediacal staff ok if this is ture then there so be some form a wage restrain grin so we should take it take 600,000 is a restrained salary amount it could have been more. Now if this was an SME ( a profit orientated business), then how the hell much you pay the ceo is of no real importance at first glance. But most of the corporate news in the last 12 months world wide points to a fact that if CEO salaries are linke to the wrong performance index, the company is normally the one that suffers. Since decisions and directions taken will be for sure to be favour the improvement of those indicators be the share price or sales performance target or even net profit line to make sure that by time to approval CEO pay the figures look golden. Ahhh Enron ring any bells ?

    It is disturbing that NKF is being view as a business = why else the view that if they can haul in a reserve of several hundred millions, that means its ok to pay the CEO 600K per year - what of the board - I wonder what is the total payout for the CEO and the board of directors and the top 5 other staff memebers. Given the facts so far revealed , this should be a very interesting figure to analayze.


    What is disturbing is the figures cited in parliment NKF only services what 44% of the kidney patients and this has slipped from what 55%. If they collect so much and cover the limited number, I would not want to run an efficiency or effectivness audit on them. Where then do those that NKF failed to service turn to ? With their resources can they not do a better job ? If they cannot why do they need so much additional resources each year.

    AHh yes the world class cancer programe - NKF's charter goal is kidney failure cases not cancer - there is a Singapore Cancer Society that is chartered to cancer cases. Or is NKF collecting now on Singapore Cancer Society's behalf ?
    Last edited by ellery; 13th July 2005 at 06:53 PM.

  7. #1087

    Default

    6.30pm news reported about it.

    I hate it when company staff comes out and speak like they are a walking billboard.

  8. #1088
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Beach Road
    Posts
    3,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jopel
    ya, can last for 30 years
    aiyoh.... keep so many peanuts for what?!!

    later people stop giving you more peanuts how?


  9. #1089

    Default

    Regarding his pay, we should look at NKF before Mr Durai came on board and after. NKF was really transformed after he took over - if you look at how much NKF took in in donations before and during his tenure, I think we can justify his pay and bonus. It doesn't matter whether NKF is a charitable organisation or not - his performance speaks for itself. Don't be surprised - 10-12 months' bonus is very common in certain sectors and at higher levels. In some places, we can see as much as 24 months or more.

    What Mr Durai should be faulted for is the questionable ethical behaviour e.g. hiding of paid directorships from NKF, the NKF engagement of a company with apparent financial ties to him, as well as the apparent extravagance of the renovations.

    I honestly doubt NKF's publicity machine will be able to repair the damage in light of the public hostility now present. For the good of NKF, Mr Durai will probably have to step down. If he does not or has to be forced out, well, then you'd know whether he was truly working for NKF and its patients or for himself.

  10. #1090

    Default

    10947. Rachel Tan I am 10 years old and heard about this from my parents. The kidney patients should be the ones to benefit from our donations, not the organisation. It is not fair for the patients because they still struggle with money and health problems. PLEASE RETURN ALL THE MONEY TO THE PATIENTS NOW!

  11. #1091

    Default

    NKF visits your company, provides u with "free" health screening. U get served by these fresh looking young China ladies who checks your height, weight, glucose, protein, pressure, & tell you you should exercise more often... Then sits close to u & in their pre-prepared english starts to discuss giro donations...

    Where does the money to pay for their salaries and medical test kits come from?

    The hearts & minds of Singaporeans is exploited - lucky draws, health checks, cheap thrills....

  12. #1092

    Default

    Oh dear...I think the petition page crashed again....they cannot handle the load of people rushing in to sign...

    Maybe those who have signed can stop viewing that page to make way for others...

  13. #1093
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    2,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boroangel
    Oh dear...I think the petition page crashed again....they cannot handle the load of people rushing in to sign...

    Maybe those who have signed can stop viewing that page to make way for others...

    10964 Total Signatures

    Okay leh..

  14. #1094
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    West of S'pore
    Posts
    999

    Default wow

    wow. this is an extremely loong thread. amazing!

    the act of giving is perhaps in some way in itself appeasing a universal entity of compassion and charity, that with no consideration for the result, the individual who gives- his soul is blessed.

    to give is to just buy a packet of chickenrice and pass it to the old man selling tissue during lunchtime at the MRT escalator...to a meagre, respectable tissue-selling man, giving begins when u meet the requests and wishes of the less fortunate - as DIRECTLY AS POSSIBLE.

    doug

  15. #1095
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melnjes
    Regarding his pay, we should look at NKF before Mr Durai came on board and after. NKF was really transformed after he took over - if you look at how much NKF took in in donations before and during his tenure, I think we can justify his pay and bonus. It doesn't matter whether NKF is a charitable organisation or not - his performance speaks for itself. Don't be surprised - 10-12 months' bonus is very common in certain sectors and at higher levels. In some places, we can see as much as 24 months or more.

    What Mr Durai should be faulted for is the questionable ethical behaviour e.g. hiding of paid directorships from NKF, the NKF engagement of a company with apparent financial ties to him, as well as the apparent extravagance of the renovations.

    I honestly doubt NKF's publicity machine will be able to repair the damage in light of the public hostility now present. For the good of NKF, Mr Durai will probably have to step down. If he does not or has to be forced out, well, then you'd know whether he was truly working for NKF and its patients or for himself.
    There is a big difference between a public listed company and a charity organisation, my fren. A PLC is usually a business entity and generates its income thru its core business whereas charity organisation like the NKF relies on public for their donation. I donate my money to NKF with the hope that more ppl who have kidney problems are able to get their kidney dialysis and not to pay obscene bonus to its CEO!!! If the CEO has performed well and managed to secure alot of donation, then NKF should use the money by taking in more ppl for treatment. As it is now, I understand some ppl who are earning slightly more than $2K a month a rejected. How do they expect ppl with such income ceiling to pay the full rate of $1K plus a month for the treatment?

  16. #1096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deslim27
    10964 Total Signatures

    Okay leh..
    Lets have some order...

    if you have signed can you pls close that page cos someone else have be deprived accessing it due to the server load...if you are interested to look at the singatures and cooments pls log in at a later time or remote hours....cos now is peak hours...

  17. #1097
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    As it is now, I understand some ppl who are earning slightly more than $2K a month a rejected. How do they expect ppl with such income ceiling to pay the full rate of $1K plus a month for the treatment?
    I have also heard of somebody who earns $4k a month and you'd think of course he should be rejected. He couldn't afford the treatment as he has EIGHT (8) family members to support. I am given the impression that the organisation operates mechanically (like a robot) and they don't give due consideration to exceptional cases.

  18. #1098
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I have never donated to any charitable organisations 'cos I believe that charity begins at home...........

    Leave it to the Government to take care of the local charities ........ if they can donate millions to victims of neighbouring countries surely they can take care of us, Home folks ...... I think.

  19. #1099
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    2,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boroangel
    Lets have some order...

    if you have signed can you pls close that page cos someone else have be deprived accessing it due to the server load...if you are interested to look at the singatures and cooments pls log in at a later time or remote hours....cos now is peak hours...
    Know you would say that..

    I only visit the petition when you said the connection is down. What makes you think I'm reading signatures and comments?

    You're lucky that I'm not Durex.. kekeke.. j/k

  20. #1100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AstralPrue
    6.30pm news reported about it.

    I hate it when company staff comes out and speak like they are a walking billboard.
    Glad that you also noticed it ....... because some folks are just too easily swayed by the media ..... this we must not forget.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •