View Poll Results: After reading this, will you still donate to NKF?

Voters
244. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, why not?

    13 5.33%
  • No, not any more

    207 84.84%
  • Not sure now

    24 9.84%
Page 53 of 99 FirstFirst ... 32843485152535455586378 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1973

Thread: Consolidated NKF Thread

  1. #1041
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum
    So my brother, nothing is really free in this real & almost heartless world dude.
    Yup... it's not free but they are not PAID. Thats the key, we should appauld them rather than question their intergrity etc. In any case, is there a fraud? I don't think so. Misuse of funds, maybe, depends on how you define it. The auditors, IRAS and NCSS also did not make noise so i assume they are ok with it as well. The remuneration package is determined based on experience, connections, working abilities etc.

  2. #1042
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    174

    Default

    if this CEO steps down, I think alot of companies in the private sector will want to hire him..(for bringing in so much profits for a company)
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

  3. #1043
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow_One
    so do you know of any alternative channels that serve 2000 patients?

    Cos I don't. Thanks
    Heard of KDF??

  4. #1044
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    I feel that NKF's CEO should get his bonus and whatever perks that is promised to him. When he took a job in NKF, it's just another job. With his abilities, i am sure he can find a job whereby he gets more money, fame as well as benefits than what he is getting in NKF. Not that i am bashing any other organizations, but I have to admit that NKF is the better known charities in Singapore. I am sure we can put any CEO who are willing to get peanuts or even no pay for the job, but the question is would they do as good a job as him? Personally, looking at most of the "non-profit-depending-on-the-public" organizations, i don't think so.
    I agree to you to a certain extent. To most people here, S$25k/mth is a lot of money. It is still a lot of money to me as well. However, for CEO, the salary is not really very high. Prob above average. So i have no problem with him drawing S$25k as well.

    AS for bonus, i think some common sense shd prevail. How well he performed that it justified 12mths or bonus? Or maybe it's a way to get around a cap on salary? we donno and i don't want to speculate.

  5. #1045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    and his success is base on not telling the public about the whole truth like:
    we need $60m every year( but we only use $7m a year )
    we serve 3000 patients a year ( opps sorry it should be 2000 patients a year but you do not need to know that )
    our reserves can last only 3 years ( but it is only if every patient do not pay a single cent. But they do pay, if not we'll terminate their program )

    How's that for being successful?
    haha quite successful, i have to say.
    It's not like for a month, but for a few years.

    Honestly, i think there is no one who bother or care to find out.
    If there is, it would long be discovered.

  6. #1046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akane
    if this CEO steps down, I think alot of companies in the private sector will want to hire him..(for bringing in so much profits for a company)
    Maybe not.

    One of the reasons why money are pouring in is because people were led to believe that they were doing a good deed by giving money to NKF. In business, you do not appeal to my generosity.

    In business, I WANT YOUR MONEY! NOT you can have my money!

  7. #1047
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Yup... it's not free but they are not PAID. Thats the key, we should appauld them rather than question their intergrity etc. In any case, is there a fraud? I don't think so. Misuse of funds, maybe, depends on how you define it. The auditors, IRAS and NCSS also did not make noise so i assume they are ok with it as well. The remuneration package is determined based on experience, connections, working abilities etc.
    Btw, are you working in a government sector OR anything alike? If the answer is yes, I have no further questions.

  8. #1048
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    Personally, i think a patient should be upfront about things. Alot of things get to the state of lawyers, because people like to drag their feet about asking for more help.
    I won't be so quick to say that because patients drag their feet in asking for help and ended up getting letters of demand from NKF's lawyers. They got letters of demand for payment as they couldn't AFFORD to pay even though they are getting subsidised help from NKF. Where is the in this?

  9. #1049
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderlilz
    I won't be so quick to say that because patients drag their feet in asking for help and ended up getting letters of demand from NKF's lawyers. They got letters of demand for payment as they couldn't AFFORD to pay even though they are getting subsidised help from NKF. Where is the in this?
    Devil's heart dude!

  10. #1050
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    2,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akane
    if this CEO steps down, I think alot of companies in the private sector will want to hire him..(for bringing in so much profits for a company)
    How? By weeping on TV to make profit?

    Somehow I think he will be very successful if he run MLM..

  11. #1051
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default

    If we channel the donation from NKF to KDF, KDF can grow to that scale easily. Besides, its not as if NKF will close down soon(reserve of $200 million!).

  12. #1052
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Nope... but i audited some of the non-profit organisations so i knew for a fact that not 100% of your money will go to the intended recipient. It is a fact. Any organisation will have its overheads just that NKF, being so big, their expenses will be a lot higher.

    I think the issue is, they have a lot of staffs but only about 2000 patients. In fact based on the MOH figures, i think only 1400+ patients. With a staff strength of about 900+ (from papers), it is just too much.

    When the staff strength is so big, you will need a capable CEO to manage them and thus S$25k is not excessive. It's above average but not excessive.

    Like Nisa, i don't defend NKF, just pointing out the facts.

  13. #1053
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    eastern past
    Posts
    108

    Default

    it's history for NKF...

  14. #1054
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    I would measure successful based on the # of people helped, popularity, media exposire and money collected.

    Then how would u define more successful then?

    Personally, i think a patient should be upfront about things. Alot of things get to the state of lawyers, because people like to drag their feet about asking for more help.
    Based on what you say, it leads me to believe that he was there for the reward and not in the spirit of charity? And does this also mean that the donation is considered "profits" and he should get bonus for the money he brought in? As I said, I prefer to measure success based on how much money was collected against how much was actually used for the kidney patient. If they spend more on promotion and media exposure then I will think the objective is a failure. If they collect so much money and put it in reserve and be very selective on who they help, I also think that is failure. I will consider helping 2000 people a year successful but I wonder what happened to those who were rejected due to technicality? I still think you can help a lot of people with $25K a month. Do you mean you prefer to give $25K as a bonus to a CEO than to use them to help a few extra people who were rejected because they can't pay the remaining $850 expenses?

  15. #1055
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Yup... KDF is an option. However, i think if all the money flows to KDF, they will not be able to handle it as they only have 20 staffs.... Still Kidney patients will suffer due to the administrative backlog, lack of dialysis centre (most are managed by NKF) etc...

  16. #1056
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Woody Land
    Posts
    1,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow_One
    so do you know of any alternative channels that serve 2000 patients?

    Cos I don't. Thanks
    No excuses for ignorance. NKF didnt start serving 2000 patients either.
    Last edited by razor; 13th July 2005 at 05:59 PM.
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

  17. #1057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ob1canob
    Just wondering if this is a criminal case for lying to the public (about number of patients and reserved funds can only last 3 years for example) to generate more funds by playing on the sympathies of the public? Just wondering why was the lawsuit dropped? More things are hidden from the public? Mmmmm....
    Quite sure the CPIB is closely following the developments...

  18. #1058
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    serangoon area
    Posts
    319

    Default

    I'm sure there r still plenty of ppl donating as long as the prizes r still there. Thats the temptation of mankind. Nevertheless, should the money reach those who need it is another matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by ambient2004
    Yap..agreed...but damn..from this incident, you can see so many people planning to stop donating to NKF already...

    Can you imagine that, becos of these people who managed the funds wrongly, it indirectly caused those who really need the money becos no one wants to donate liao...

    very very sad to see this...NKF should revised their entire management...

  19. #1059

    Default Peanuts

    MRs GOH has forgotten that it's the people's hard earn peanuts that make up NKF's huge fund.... i really regretted donating to NKF

  20. #1060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    I feel that NKF's CEO should get his bonus and whatever perks that is promised to him. When he took a job in NKF, it's just another job. With his abilities, i am sure he can find a job whereby he gets more money, fame as well as benefits than what he is getting in NKF. Not that i am bashing any other organizations, but I have to admit that NKF is the better known charities in Singapore. I am sure we can put any CEO who are willing to get peanuts or even no pay for the job, but the question is would they do as good a job as him? Personally, looking at most of the "non-profit-depending-on-the-public" organizations, i don't think so.
    Have you donate your $$$ to NKF???? If not u better act fast...as Mr. Durex ...oh..no is Durai is now urgently need your $$$ to upgrade his toliet and pay for his own car expenses...since so many people had cancel their donation!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •