View Poll Results: After reading this, will you still donate to NKF?

Voters
244. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, why not?

    13 5.33%
  • No, not any more

    207 84.84%
  • Not sure now

    24 9.84%
Page 52 of 99 FirstFirst ... 22742475051525354576277 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1973

Thread: Consolidated NKF Thread

  1. #1021
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    Well, if he is willing to take the money while those he is supposed to help suffers, I hope he sleeps well.

    As for doing a good job, I can hardly think he can do any worse now.

    Some one long ago said: "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to go to heaven"
    So stay tune then. The best is yet to come.

  2. #1022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    willing to get peanuts .
    peanut is = to $600,000
    no wonder I can't get that peanut because I'm not a monkey.

  3. #1023
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Beach Road
    Posts
    3,749

    Default

    wow! this is like the fastest growing thread ever in CS! 16,000 views and 785 replies in a single day! simply show how concerned the average joe is.

  4. #1024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jopel
    peanut is = to $600,000
    no wonder I can't get that peanut because I'm not a monkey.
    u took my words out of context. peanuts as in token sum, and not referring to 600K.

  5. #1025
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jopel
    peanut is = to $600,000
    no wonder I can't get that peanut because I'm not a monkey.
    Buah...... hah.. ha....?

  6. #1026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    u took my words out of context. peanuts as in token sum, and not referring to 600K.
    ya, but as from today peanut has a new definition.

  7. #1027

    Default

    Just wondering if this is a criminal case for lying to the public (about number of patients and reserved funds can only last 3 years for example) to generate more funds by playing on the sympathies of the public? Just wondering why was the lawsuit dropped? More things are hidden from the public? Mmmmm....

  8. #1028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jopel
    ya, but as from today peanut has a new definition.
    to me, it is still the same meaning. it mean getting very little.

  9. #1029
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    I feel that NKF's CEO should get his bonus and whatever perks that is promised to him. When he took a job in NKF, it's just another job. With his abilities, i am sure he can find a job whereby he gets more money, fame as well as benefits than what he is getting in NKF. Not that i am bashing any other organizations, but I have to admit that NKF is the better known charities in Singapore. I am sure we can put any CEO who are willing to get peanuts or even no pay for the job, but the question is would they do as good a job as him? Personally, looking at most of the "non-profit-depending-on-the-public" organizations, i don't think so.
    If he thinks he is capable and can earn better $$ elsewhere, by all means do so. No one should take on the NKF CEO post with the hope of earning big bucks from the donors' money. Agree, no one will work for free even if the organisation is a charity. Besides, you need $$ to survive. Nobody is also begruding him of his $25,000 monthly salary. Even if he is given 3 months bonus, not many will say a thing about it. But 12 months bonus from the donors' money where the bulk of which are expected to be used on the patients' treatment?????? Every single cent of NKF comes from the public and they are accountable for every single cent spent and it should be spent wisely.

  10. #1030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by razor
    Remember guys, despite the relevations, there are still 2000 over people that needs your help.

    There are always alternative channels.
    so do you know of any alternative channels that serve 2000 patients?

    Cos I don't. Thanks

  11. #1031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jopel
    ya, but as from today peanut has a new definition.
    Damn. The price of peanuts just hit $600 /kilo.Price of Peanut butter will go up, peanut oil up too. Cost of living up ,damned

  12. #1032
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    I feel that NKF's CEO should get his bonus and whatever perks that is promised to him. When he took a job in NKF, it's just another job. With his abilities, i am sure he can find a job whereby he gets more money, fame as well as benefits than what he is getting in NKF. Not that i am bashing any other organizations, but I have to admit that NKF is the better known charities in Singapore. I am sure we can put any CEO who are willing to get peanuts or even no pay for the job, but the question is would they do as good a job as him? Personally, looking at most of the "non-profit-depending-on-the-public" organizations, i don't think so.
    If I'm not wrong , it is quoted in the papers today that before he join NKF he's drawing a pay of only $7K. He should know that being at the top of NKF he's no longer just another employee of NKF, he's the head of a charity org. Take a look at Ren Ci if you want.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  13. #1033

    Default agree

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluewater
    we should at least do our part and voice out our opinion...
    Yap..agreed...but damn..from this incident, you can see so many people planning to stop donating to NKF already...

    Can you imagine that, becos of these people who managed the funds wrongly, it indirectly caused those who really need the money becos no one wants to donate liao...

    very very sad to see this...NKF should revised their entire management...

  14. #1034
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    I feel that NKF's CEO should get his bonus and whatever perks that is promised to him. When he took a job in NKF, it's just another job. With his abilities, i am sure he can find a job whereby he gets more money, fame as well as benefits than what he is getting in NKF. Not that i am bashing any other organizations, but I have to admit that NKF is the better known charities in Singapore. I am sure we can put any CEO who are willing to get peanuts or even no pay for the job, but the question is would they do as good a job as him? Personally, looking at most of the "non-profit-depending-on-the-public" organizations, i don't think so.
    How do you measure successful? Based on popularity and media exposure? Or is it based on the money collected? Because not all were accepted and those who do, some even got a visit from lawyer when they can't pay the remaining balance. Granted NKF helped a lot of people but to be more successful compared to others ... I'm not really sure its a fare comparison.

  15. #1035
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    279

    Default song for NKF

    Posted by Mewmender
    A song i wrote today to share.... any band wanna use the lyrics feel free to do so


    Chair-ity

    Our trust
    Their Betrayal
    Donate your aid
    For your rewards will be great
    All in the name of Chair-ity
    What has happened to purity?

    Defamation, the pathway to our information
    With disgust and angst we see,
    fear, lies and guilt of the chair-ity

    Our Aid
    Their Needs
    Save lives we thought
    But to our distraught
    The assistance we gave
    Did not save them from the grave.

    Defamation, the pathway to our information
    falsehoods and half truths we see
    fear, lies and guilt of the chair-ity

    Our support
    Their false tears
    Leering at us they did
    While we carry on with our good deeds
    All in the name of chair-ity
    What has happen to humanity?

  16. #1036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    If I'm not wrong , it is quoted in the papers today that before he join NKF he's drawing a pay of only $7K. He should know that being at the top of NKF he's no longer just another employee of NKF, he's the head of a charity org. Take a look at Ren Ci if you want.
    I don't know what he should or not know. But i don't think a man who had chose to give up everything materialistic to be compared with Mr. Durai. Ren Ci is a fantastic charity, but their CEO and NKF's CEO are not the same person.


    Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    If he thinks he is capable and can earn better $$ elsewhere, by all means do so. No one should take on the NKF CEO post with the hope of earning big bucks from the donors' money. Agree, no one will work for free even if the organisation is a charity. Besides, you need $$ to survive. Nobody is also begruding him of his $25,000 monthly salary. Even if he is given 3 months bonus, not many will say a thing about it. But 12 months bonus from the donors' money where the bulk of which are expected to be used on the patients' treatment?????? Every single cent of NKF comes from the public and they are accountable for every single cent spent and it should be spent wisely.
    I am not NKF, I don't say anything about how the staff are being paid.
    But as a person who draws a salary, i felt he has put in his efforts and he deserves what he was given, based on the facts that are presented at the moment.

  17. #1037
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    174

    Default

    seems that CNA is not reporting on the vandalism... maybe because it's own by mediacorp??
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

  18. #1038
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    If he thinks he is capable and can earn better $$ elsewhere, by all means do so. No one should take on the NKF CEO post with the hope of earning big bucks from the donors' money. Agree, no one will work for free even if the organisation is a charity. Besides, you need $$ to survive. Nobody is also begruding him of his $25,000 monthly salary. Even if he is given 3 months bonus, not many will say a thing about it. But 12 months bonus from the donors' money where the bulk of which are expected to be used on the patients' treatment?????? Every single cent of NKF comes from the public and they are accountable for every single cent spent and it should be spent wisely.
    Well, no one is doing anything even till now & even days/months/years to come.

  19. #1039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    How do you measure successful? Based on popularity and media exposure? Or is it based on the money collected? Because not all were accepted and those who do, some even got a visit from lawyer when they can't pay the remaining balance. Granted NKF helped a lot of people but to be more successful compared to others ... I'm not really sure its a fare comparison.
    I would measure successful based on the # of people helped, popularity, media exposire and money collected.

    Then how would u define more successful then?

    Personally, i think a patient should be upfront about things. Alot of things get to the state of lawyers, because people like to drag their feet about asking for more help.

  20. #1040
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default

    and his success is base on not telling the public about the whole truth like:
    we need $60m every year( but we only use $7m a year )
    we serve 3000 patients a year ( opps sorry it should be 2000 patients a year but you do not need to know that )
    our reserves can last only 3 years ( but it is only if every patient do not pay a single cent. But they do pay, if not we'll terminate their program )

    How's that for being successful?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •