View Poll Results: After reading this, will you still donate to NKF?

Voters
244. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, why not?

13 5.33%
  • No, not any more

207 84.84%
  • Not sure now

24 9.84%
Page 44 of 99 FirstFirst ... 193439424344454649546994 ... LastLast

Thread: Consolidated NKF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by user12343
    and it's reported that the walls are whitewashed again....
    Woah...very fast hoh...got $ everything so fast...
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

and it's reported that the walls are whitewashed again....
    Hah...ha...ha...ha... So this tell you what? Think! Think! In the end, we still at the losing edge, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jopel
    No Kidney Fund
    Please try to be Sensitive....

One black sheep (no pun intended) does not make NKF a bad organisation. I have to agree with Mrs Goh, the patron, that the lawsuit is about defamatory comments by SPH and not about transparency of NKF. She even mentioned that for a organisation like NKF with 189m in reserves, paying S$600k is peanuts....

I do hope that the patients will not suffer because of this.

the website seems dead...

anyway after 20 mins of loading from my ADSL...
    i see so many dead links inside

of cos they are well-trained by stuntmen (and possibly paid) to do those seemingly dangerous tasks (it's also mentioned in the papers that some of these stunts are haosiao one), but i dun think the artistes are aware of such scandals...

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum
    Come on dude, don't you think they don't get anything in the end? Ask those who are TCS artistes relatives lah? Don't forget, they are well trained actors & actresses, you know?

there will be pple who still donate, but maybe not to NKF at the moment, but to other organisation which transparently lists their beneficiaries and annual balance statement
    Have you seen any published Financial Statements of any Non-Profit Organisations? They are not required to do so, so why shd NKF reveals.

Human being behaves in a peculiar way. When you know tha NKF has 189m reserves, chances are you will not donate. When you know that there's no lucky draw, no tv show, there is no pull factor for you to donate as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32

One black sheep (no pun intended) does not make NKF a bad organisation. I have to agree with Mrs Goh, the patron, that the lawsuit is about defamatory comments by SPH and not about transparency of NKF. She even mentioned that for a organisation like NKF with 189m in reserves, paying S$600k is peanuts....

dude since when did I black list/bad mouth/condemn NKF

Why don't you suggest that our medical fees/treatment follows something like Canada do. We pay high taxes (which I don't think everyone like it) but free medication when needed. Or am I wrong? I think this only apply to country with huge population.
    Last edited by Spectrum; 13th July 2005 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    You should read the court transcripts and you'd understand why this is a point of contention with many.
    If he flys 1st class when fare is cheaper than SIA business class (his entitlement, common for all MNC and govt agencies for long distance flights) and top up the difference by himself, i don't see whats the problem.

IF U are a DBS Internet Banking user...

- Login to your account
    - Click "Payment Services"
    - Click "Delete GIRO Arrangement"
    - Choose the relevant Organisation -- NKF!!!
    - Click "Submit"
    - Click "OK"

NKF telephone : 62990200 for phone cancellation

i think you have to realise that kidney patients are already suffering from bad management, look at some of things the patients themselves are telling http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=141028

that thread links to this forum http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showt...8&page=1&pp=15

Quote Originally Posted by besh
    i dun know if lobster eats dried shrimp
    Yes. Lobster eat dried shrimp. I tried before.

http://www.kdf.org.sg/financial.htm

Have you seen any published Financial Statements of any Non-Profit Organisations? They are not required to do so, so why shd NKF reveals.

Human being behaves in a peculiar way. When you know tha NKF has 189m reserves, chances are you will not donate. When you know that there's no lucky draw, no tv show, there is no pull factor for you to donate as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum
    No need dude, only the real truth will speaks for itself. Cheers.
    exactly.

Not sure if anyone noticed... it's not really fair to compare NKF & KDF. Yes, their cause is similar but i don;t think KDF have many dialysis centres? Also, in terms of size, it's like comparing SBS vs small private bus operator. KDF only have 20 staffs earning average of abt 2400... Highest position is GM. Their size a bit too small.

4523 liao

all non-profit charitable organisations have to put up their audited financial report on the web as required by NCSS (National Council Of Social Services)

Does it justify the way they :

falsify the figures of the patients,
    the reserves of over $200 million,
    fly business class,
    golden taps,
    use donors monies for wife's car's road tax?

tin its in the New Paper today. as of today, 1200 pple have cancelled their giro donations liao....
    Please add me in too.
    I would like to cancel my Giro donations too.
    I just find NKF these day become too commercial and really go for money.
    Some of the movie recently at channel 8, 9pm starring Christoper Lee as Youfu, I think the movie really over emphasis on the cancer and I am not sure if NKF is behind this movie. But it just give me a very fake feelings about NKF behind all this movie.
    However I have to admit the message from the movie is very good.

I hope NKF not become too Commercialize and money minded.