View Poll Results: After reading this, will you still donate to NKF?

Voters
244. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, why not?

13 5.33%
  • No, not any more

207 84.84%
  • Not sure now

24 9.84%
Page 26 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1621242526272831365176 ... LastLast

Thread: Consolidated NKF Thread

OT a bit here....... Hmmm what if new Durai says... NKF saves money by printing our own publicity shots taken with H1d and canon 1Ds MK II....

Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUMLEE
    i will never donate to a charity organize which pay their ceo $25k a month n 10 to 12 month of bonus.
    I work so hard and don't even get 2 months bonus before leh...
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

I am one of those who opted for "not sure now" - I would like to see how they are going to "change" things before i come to a decision.

Let's not talk about the salary for now as can be part of his contract and accorded to him by the board (blame the board if needed) But getting himself a $1,000 tap and travelling first class is quite shocking revelation. how come donations can be used so loosely? I think this is a loss of trust. Wonder what else Mr Durai has spent on

Donate to NKF = Donate to NKF CEO salary...

i go fly kite better.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin

despite all the facts and figures and reportage, interestingly there are still people willing to put their hardearn money into NKF
    For a hope.... $500k, car, condo....

Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    I'd like to listen to the 2 guys who have voted "Yes" so far and understand what makes them want to continue donating.
    now its 4, may be they feel that by stopping their donation, it is the sick who suffer more.

the ceo hard gotten so fat it will last him for a very long time, even if you stop your donation. dont forget, the fund can last for another 40 years without new donation coming in.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

I have stopped donating to them. Disgusting behaviour using public money for extravagences when the poor really need the money!

Exclamation Buy Davinder Singh a beer donation drive

I am thinking of organising a donation drive to thank Davinder Singh for his effort in the NKF vs SPH case.

Now make no mistake about it: I am quite sure the guy makes more money than most of us working stiffs, is being paid by SPH for his work in this case, but for providing all of us such good entertainment, and in the name of service to at least 2 out 3 Singaporeans, I say he deserves a carton of beer!

If you want to contribute to this fund, just let me know. I think if we have excess money we can also make a "Thank You" plaque.

Default Thought someone asked..

Who are the board members?

http://www.nkfs.org/board%20members.htm

I am still donating $30/mth, but after hearing yesterday's news now I am really having second thoughts. Really felt sad for the patients. So how do I terminate my monthly contribution ? Call them ?

those going for hope/ prizes, please go for toto 4D
    those going for charity there is kidney foundation http://www.kdf.org.sg/indexkdf.htm

Question

after all these revelations in court, shouldn't NKF be fully audited and the results made public?

Anyone have any idea what the rules for charities are?

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee
    now its 4, may be they feel that by stopping their donation, it is the sick who suffer more.

the ceo hard gotten so fat it will last him for a very long time, even if you stop your donation. dont forget, the fund can last for another 40 years without new donation coming in.
    Even i die liao.. the fund still havent die...

Their reserves can last for decades..and what they seem to be doing is riding on the coattails of public sympathy and softheartedness for images of suffering patients..

Spin.All that nasty spin.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Lucky last time I only donate $2 a month...until one day my bank empty...and they stop deducting....nv donate since...

we donate our hard earn money for his bl**dy pay...what the hell this world...he drive mercs while I have to think twice to take a mercs cab...

A moral victory for the man in the street.

Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    I am thinking of organising a donation drive to thank Davinder Singh for his effort in the NKF vs SPH case.

Now make no mistake about it: I am quite sure the guy makes more money than most of us working stiffs, is being paid by SPH for his work in this case, but for providing all of us such good entertainment, and in the name of service to at least 2 out 3 Singaporeans, I say he deserves a carton of beer!

If you want to contribute to this fund, just let me know. I think if we have excess money we can also make a "Thank You" plaque.

hmm... my frd went for interview once at NKF for the admin position.. guess wad..

every 3 months got bonus...
    Last edited by RuthBaby; 12th July 2005 at 11:47 PM.

well, in couple more years, I might even vote him to be next President. Then he can start asking questions about Singapore reserves.

Imagine this;
    U came across a begger one day, U feel sorry for him, out of sympathy, U gave him $1.
    End of the day, U noticed him riding a motorbike home(not to mention driving a Merc).
    How do u feel?