View Poll Results: After reading this, will you still donate to NKF?

Voters
244. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, why not?

    13 5.33%
  • No, not any more

    207 84.84%
  • Not sure now

    24 9.84%
Page 20 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1015181920212225304570 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 1973

Thread: Consolidated NKF Thread

  1. #381
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    after all these pages of comments and arguement, see what happens when someone mixes charity with business?

    (i know there are people who believe that charities can be run like a business, too bad, i don't believe in it. don't flame me, i'm entitled to my view. )

  2. #382
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76
    Are you sure its 70%? Seem to recall something my colleague said about 52 cents of every dollar goes to NKF and the remaning 48 to the patients?
    Putting an assumption if it is regulated that 70% of the donations shld goto paitens.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  3. #383
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    it seems that nkf and its ceo has withdrawn its defamation suit against sph.
    Enemy dun move, I dun move.
    Enemy move, I move faster.
    If the enemy attacks, u defend.
    If the enemy runs, chase and decimate.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  4. #384

    Default

    Ok the CEO gets 12 months bonus. Thats only the tip of the iceberg, what about the rest of the board of directors? How many months bonus did they get?
    A lot I guess.

  5. #385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    confirmed. case has been dropped by nkf's ceo.
    case has generated too much negative sentiments. if it goes on, more truth will be told........ smart move.

    but it should not be swept under the carpet so easily.... the public should be informed of the truth..........

  6. #386
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    2,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    after all these pages of comments and arguement, see what happens when someone mixes charity with business?

    (i know there are people who believe that charities can be run like a business, too bad, i don't believe in it. don't flame me, i'm entitled to my view. )
    Charity can operate like a business.. but charity is not business.

  7. #387
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    I have a feeling that SPH does not care whether they win or lose.
    Looks like they've already won whatever the final outcome...
    kudos to SPH for their belief in bringing the REAL news to the public.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  8. #388
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    2,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by euphoria2004
    case has generated too much negative sentiments. if it goes on, more truth will be told........ smart move.

    but it should not be swept under the carpet so easily.... the public should be informed of the truth..........
    Hope SPH push further and deeper while NKF lose their defense line. Unveil and show us the truth!!

  9. #389
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    kudos to SPH for their belief in bringing the REAL news to the public.
    i won't really credit SPH although its their publication, i'll rather credit the journalists ... personal preference, that's all

  10. #390
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    153

    Default

    looking the hierarchy
    if he can earn so much , wat abt those near him, slighty below him,

  11. #391
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    i won't really credit SPH although its their publication, i'll rather credit the journalists ... personal preference, that's all
    well, the editor's really brave too!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  12. #392
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Away From Keyboard
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    well, the editor's really brave too!
    Alright boys, pack up and go home.... the game is over

    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...157556/1/.html

  13. #393
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goondoo
    Alright boys, pack up and go home.... the game is over

    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...157556/1/.html
    __________________________________________________ ________________

    from the CNA website:

    During the hearing Tuesday, Mr Durai also told the court that he had not kept NKF informed of several directorships he had assumed while he was its CEO.

    Mr Davinder Singh also told the court that the NKF has enough reserves to last it for 30 years, based on the expenses it has incurred for dialysis treatment in 2003.

    __________________________________________________ ________________

    isn't this news or what?

    i wonder how the show is going to go on on thursday

  14. #394
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    well, the editor's really brave too!
    ok, i'll credit the editor for that on the personal level also then

  15. #395
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Away From Keyboard
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Its seems pretty obvious that he had volunteerily put his head on the chopping board.... I wonder what will happen next...


    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    __________________________________________________ ________________

    from the CNA website:

    During the hearing Tuesday, Mr Durai also told the court that he had not kept NKF informed of several directorships he had assumed while he was its CEO.

    Mr Davinder Singh also told the court that the NKF has enough reserves to last it for 30 years, based on the expenses it has incurred for dialysis treatment in 2003.

    __________________________________________________ ________________

    isn't this news or what?

    i wonder how the show is going to go on on thursday

  16. #396
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goondoo
    Its seems pretty obvious that he had volunteerily put his head on the chopping board.... I wonder what will happen next...
    there should be an overhaul of the whole management and BOD... what have the latter being doing?

  17. #397
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    i think the first thing that ought to be done is to redistribute this good public donations under the supervision of the Community Chest. enough for 30 years' expenditure, my goodness!

  18. #398
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Beach Road
    Posts
    3,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    i think the first thing that ought to be done is to redistribute this good public donations under the supervision of the Community Chest. enough for 30 years' expenditure, my goodness!


    They have excess of $180million in reserve.

    If that can last 30 years in terms of how much they give to the patients, that means they only spend $6million a year on patients.

    Then do SO MANY CHARITY SHOWS FOR WHAT?!!!

    Each show can generate $5million for them, enough for them to give to the patients for a year.

    And so many people cannot get their subsidies some more. Why can't they give more a year so that more patients benefit?

    KEEP SO MUCH MONEY FOR WHAT?!!

  19. #399
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Earth,Heaven and Beyond
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    i wonder what of the two individuals he had once sued & won on allegations of him travelling via first class. They had to pay damages and apologize publicly..

    Now the truth has been revealed, would they come forth to launch a counter suit?or just simply because they're "helpless" individuals, their case would just remain of that...in the past

  20. #400

    Default

    What we should do now is to stop donating to NKF till they change their Board of Directors, and sack the CEO.

    We can still donate to KDF. Hopefully KDF will be able to expand fast and help the dialysis patients. At least I know that my money will go to upright characters as well as the patients.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •