Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Health Promotion Board Digital Competition 2005

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    i'm so disappointed with PSS, why can't other representatives come in to answer yqt's questions? why must wait for Steven to get connection in India? PSS not only one man show right?
    Nothing to disappoint about. Read the posts. We have PSS members in clubsnap. It is just that most of us prefer to post constructive statements, look for tips in photography, look for lobangs for outings or competitions,or probably laugh at the non constructive posts. PSS members are generally good natured people.

By looking through this thread, which I find many posts really unnecessary, it has taken up 30 minutes of my time which I can better use to clear my emails.

I think I have helped clarified many doubts here, with the help of several CS members. If anyone still has doubts, feel free to write in personally to HPB and enquire. This is a HPB project. No point "firing missiles" at PSS. This thread has obviously become too personal.

Is the moderator monitoring? There must be a threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman
    My question to PSS Mr. Steven Yee:

If some one took a very good pic, the image got big impact on our society, everyones loves it, the photographer got famous, HPB very please, then suddenly, the third party which appear in the photo sue HPB, can you let me know what will the photographer bear?

Very simple question, PSS members or Mr. Steven Yee, just answer directly. Thk you.

I think steven better go sleep first, just touch down only.
    Very interesting question. Very simple, write an official letter to HPB, then their legal team will clarify and you post their reply. PSS has to obligation to answer this question onbehalfof HPB, as this is drafted bytheir legal team. This will answer your question. I really do not know how big the image can have an impact on the Society. Are you the one who came up to me at Singapore Art Museum and said you feel shiok "flaming" PSS?

I do not have the luxury of time to sleep much. Got weekend assignments. Got home to bath, change, check emails, do fire fighting just to satisfy the doubts of a few. Gotta go now. Got better things to do.

If some one took a very good pic, the image got big impact on our society, everyones loves it, the photographer got famous, HPB very please, then suddenly, the third party which appear in the photo sue HPB, can you let me know what will the photographer bear?

Very simple question, PSS members or Mr. Steven Yee, just answer directly. Thk you.

I think steven better go sleep first, just touch down only.
    Very interesting question. Very simple, write an official letter to HPB, then their legal team will clarify and you post their reply. PSS has to obligation to answer this question onbehalfof HPB, as this is drafted bytheir legal team. This will answer your question. I really do not know how big the image can have an impact on the Society.

I am curious who is the one who came up to me at Singapore Art Museum and said he felt shiok "flaming" PSS just for the kick of it?

I do not have the luxury of time to sleep much. Got weekend assignments. Got home to bath, change, check emails, do fire fighting just to satisfy the doubts of a few. Gotta go now. Got better things to do.

[QUOTE= Are you the one who came up to me at Singapore Art Museum and said you feel shiok "flaming" PSS?

[/QUOTE]

I have say b4 iam not the one lah. that guy is crazy and siao.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Yee
    Very interesting question. Very simple, write an official letter to HPB, then their legal team will clarify and you post their reply. PSS has to obligation to answer this question onbehalfof HPB, as this is drafted bytheir legal team. This will answer your question. I really do not know how big the image can have an impact on the Society.

I am curious who is the one who came up to me at Singapore Art Museum and said he felt shiok "flaming" PSS just for the kick of it?

Then i will seek HPB professional advice.

Enjoy ur weekend with piles of rojak.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

there's one thing i have to agree with yqt, PSS logo is on the publicity poster, this is a direct show of support for the competition. no one is going to ask 'how is PSS supporting this event?' when they see the poster, but almost everyone will see it as 'PSS has endorsed this event!'

i see PSS as representing the interest of photogs in Singapore, but it seems that i am wrong. i suggest PSS change the name. right now we know the organisation as The Photograhic Society of Singapore, as far as i am concern this name carries alot of responsibility.

I have no issue with the rule and regulation for whatever competitions.

But I have something to say.

For this competition, in the rule and regulation, did mention need to give the permission of the subject if the face is recognizable, in short the entry need to accomplish with a model release for submission.

Does this matter highlighted in the official entry form? Or the organizer, panel of judge or whoever will verify the image is “safe” to use before accept them as a qualify entry?

How would you except a general public to understand this without educate them? Who is in best position for doing this?

If this is not what PSS have in mind, at lest please remind the organizer to state in the official entry form all entry must have model release signed.

Regardless that whoever appeals in the pictures, father, mother, husband, wife, son or daughter all have to sign, nowadays nobody can be trusted.

Firstly, PSS's role in this competition is to provide the judges, judging venue and exhibition venue. That is all. HPB has their legal department to draft their form. We have worked with HPB before and we trust their integrity as an organisation.We trust that they will not misuse the image. We also have to respect their rules and regulation.

In the previous post, PSS have notice the flaws of the rules, t&cs, then when HPB refuse to change, PSS still support by provide the judges, judging venue and exhibition venue. Why?
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

PSS is not a legal entity and our objectives is mainly to promote photography in Singapore. We do not have the legal teams to provide advise for photographers.

Do PSS still consider promoting photography in singapore when the T&Cs goes beyond (against photographers) that thin line of black and white?
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    I have no issue with the rule and regulation for whatever competitions.

But I have something to say.

For this competition, in the rule and regulation, did mention need to give the permission of the subject if the face is recognizable, in short the entry need to accomplish with a model release for submission.

Does this matter highlighted in the official entry form? Or the organizer, panel of judge or whoever will verify the image is “safe” to use before accept them as a qualify entry?

How would you except a general public to understand this without educate them? Who is in best position for doing this?

If this is not what PSS have in mind, at lest please remind the organizer to state in the official entry form all entry must have model release signed.

Regardless that whoever appeals in the pictures, father, mother, husband, wife, son or daughter all have to sign, nowadays nobody can be trusted.
    Another issue here bring up by catchlights, if public doesn't understand without being educated, who will be the scapegoat when problems arises? The public, HPB, PSS, who?

Someone heads will roll, just that who?
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

there's one thing i have to agree with yqt, PSS logo is on the publicity poster, this is a direct show of support for the competition. no one is going to ask 'how is PSS supporting this event?' when they see the poster, but almost everyone will see it as 'PSS has endorsed this event!'
    Bingo!!! And PSS now throws all hell of questions back to HPB.

Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Still the same thing, i got no problems, issues unsettle with Mr. Steven Yee nor PSS.

Just that this times ards, feels that PSS over look on issues that all advantages are going to HPB.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HPB Competition
    Dear Clubsnappers,

The Health Promotion Board's mission is to promote a healthy lifestyle to all Singaporeans. The photo competition is to get more Singaporeans to think deeper into what a healthy lifestyle involves. We feel pictures will convey this message well to fellow residents.

Not all the photos submitted for the competition this year will be used by HPB. Those that we use are likely to be those worthy of merit. In reality, we can only award 26 prizes. But there may be more good photos that are deserving. Deserving photos which we can use in our brochures and publications to promote health, will also enable photographers to get the exposure and chance to showcase their works.

We would like to think of it as a win-win situation for HPB and the participating photographers. We get to promote good health to Singaporeans and you get a shot at showcasing your works as well as helping Singaporeans understand good, healthy lifestyles.

If we use these photos which did not win a prize, we will credit the photographer whenever possible. If there are reasons why we cannot credit the photographer (e.g. lack of space), we will write in to the photographer to inform him we are using his photo for that particular material, so he may use our letter as reference for his portfolio.

You can also write in if there are compelling reasons why we cannot use your non-winning photo. We will consider each request, case by case.

Hope this clarifies.

Wishing you good health, and happy photography,
    Health Promotion Board
    "Full of Health, Full of Life!" Digital Photography Competition
    Organising Committee
    To Health Promotion Board,

1. HPB wants to promote healthy lifestyle to singaporeans, VERY GOOD. I agreed on that.
    But, the T&Cs, rules and regulations are not HEALTHY AT ALL.

2. Do HPB thinks that this is a win win situation? NO AT ALL!!!

3. Credit not given when photos were use due to lack of space etc, HPB, think, fair or not.

4. ''You can also write in if there are compelling reasons why we cannot use your non-winning photo. We will consider each request, case by case.'' Look carefully, it is only case by case only.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

forget it lah smurfman, yqt and catchlights, no one appreciates all the effort put into raising these issues for the awareness of members in here. especially smurfman and yqt, seems like quite a number see you as purposely picking on PSS and trying to create problems for them. so much for open discussion.

forget it lah smurfman, yqt and catchlights, no one appreciates all the effort put into raising these issues for the awareness of members in here. especially smurfman and yqt, seems like quite a number see you as purposely picking on PSS and trying to create problems for them. so much for open discussion.
    I don't mind be the bad man ards, sooner or later, i will be deregister by mods, cos i always creat scene after scene, whether my intentions are good or not..
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Ok, smurfman, can you go and drink some liang tay 1st?

Now, you are so boiling hot, nobody else will want response and just wait for this thread kana lock.

Anyway, nobody can tell you what will happen if the thing not yet happens, we all are photographers not fortunetellers.

I think I have done my part by pointing out a potential omission, hope someone is responsible enough to ratify this.

Have a nice weekend to all.

I don't mind be the bad man ards, sooner or later, i will be deregister by mods, cos i always creat scene after scene, whether my intentions are good or not..
    you're lucky that there's no 'Board of Photographers' or any organisation capable enough to regulate the photography community in Singapore, if not you'll be deregistered as a photographer, then you really have to go and sell char kway teow already btw i miss your postings in kopitiam, damn boh liao but entertaining, come back leh

忠言逆耳?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

you're lucky that there's no 'Board of Photographers' or any organisation capable enough to regulate the photography community in Singapore, if not you'll be deregistered as a photographer, then you really have to go and sell char kway teow already btw i miss your postings in kopitiam, damn boh liao but entertaining, come back leh
    You suan me, i just wanna be the bo liao king there, but always got problems lo.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Ok, smurfman, can you go and drink some liang tay 1st?

Now, you are so boiling hot, nobody else will want response and just wait for this thread kana lock.

Anyway, nobody can tell you what will happen if the thing not yet happens, we all are photographers not fortunetellers.

I think I have done my part by pointing out a potential omission, hope someone is responsible enough to ratify this.

Have a nice weekend to all.
    I am not boiling hot, the egg cannot eat yet. I just being more firm, cannot like my posting in kopitiam, i can be bo liao, fun, but this issue gotta be serious.

You have done a great part here, but the someone responsible enough haven come in.

I am not looking for rolling heads here, just want someone responsible to speak for both, PSS and HPB, to clarify matters here, not throwing balls ard.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast