Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Health Promotion Board Digital Competition 2005

i think of an ideal:

i submitt a pic, or more, then put BIG watermark.

haha, i happy liao, sleep.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Blog Entries

wah, like that who dare to respond....

we must stand up and make ourselves be heard, don't let ourselves be taken advantaged of.

Default Help Save The Singapore Photography!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    wah, like that who dare to respond....

we must stand up and make ourselves be heard, don't let ourselves be taken advantaged of.
    Allow me to start first and voice out:

1. Smurfman
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman
    i think of an ideal:

i submitt a pic, or more, then put BIG watermark.

haha, i happy liao, sleep.

Replying to myself:

I will submit a white pic, pure white only, to participate, so that i will never be sue (no third party involve), white stands for purify (no smoke etc), and most importantly, i surrender to the organizer, cos they are too smart and too rich to fight against with....
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

I downloaded the OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM, expect it will come with a model release form for the participants to use.

But don’t have leh. Only ask you to read the rules and regulations yourself, once you submit your entry, you are agree to abide by the rules and regulations.

So if anyone don’t read carefully and just anyhow submit entries, later got anything happen (choy! choy! touch wood), please don’t come back here to cry father cry mother.

Still waiting for PSS or HPB to clarify.

Waiting........................................... .................................................. ...

I don't think they will response.............Mr. Steven Yee still haven come in, but beside him, where are the rest??? Must be Steven to take the blame???

PSS, forget it lah.................
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Unhappy

its all over.................................

they will never come in liao.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

guilty people c smoke trail run far far loh.

but in small ways (effective or not) we can educate those who r close 2 us abt such loopholez. i cant image if its a 7yr old kid gets into such a legal trouble... hopefully in d long run organisers will get less pics lo due 2 their own making. let unfair competitions die a natural death...

even a highly publicised, well funded awareness campaign may not hav a desired impact & effectiveness. jus look at our local "Kindness Week" campaign or wad-nots...

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz
    guilty people c smoke trail run far far loh.

but in small ways (effective or not) we can educate those who r close 2 us abt such loopholez. i cant image if its a 7yr old kid gets into such a legal trouble... hopefully in d long run organisers will get less pics lo due 2 their own making. let unfair competitions die a natural death...

even a highly publicised, well funded awareness campaign may not hav a desired impact & effectiveness. jus look at our local "Kindness Week" campaign or wad-nots...
    They must be thinking some ways or another to sue all of us here who post.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

They must be thinking some ways or another to sue all of us here who post.
    maybe there might be a prize for giving them your address... smurfman, please pm me your address... thanks!
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

PSS. I LONG TIME GIVE UP LIAO.............
    To each his own,really.We cannot please every individual, but we managed to please the majority through our hard work.

Still waiting for PSS or HPB to clarify.

Waiting........................................... .................................................. ...

I don't think they will response.............Mr. Steven Yee still haven come in, but beside him, where are the rest??? Must be Steven to take the blame???

PSS, forget it lah.................
    Hmmm, I just touched down in Singapore. Do you have anything prejudiced against PSS? I am sure there is based on your posts, not just in this thread. Likewise for YQT.

I may have met you,I do not know. But at the TSWL launch at Singapore Arts Museum, one of the clubsnapper came up to me and proudly told me that he feel "shiok" writing against PSS. He said he felt thrilled. What a bore and waste of time.I think we have better things to do. Confucius said," one rice breeds a hundred types of men".

Let us not make clubsnap ugly place. Feedback from many of our associates is they are less prone to post competition details in clubsnap.

PSS is not reimbursed and do not receive donation for its role in this competition.

By the way, i got nothing against Mr. Steven Yee.

I respect him.
    Well... your action doesn't seems like you respect Steven or PSS though...

Read the T&Cs again and again and again, still puzzle, if there is anyone competeing, do let me know, i wanna let him or her know: you good lar, i admit defeat, like that also join, wo su le ( i lose liao)................

To PSS Mr. Steven Yee:

If some one took a very good pic, the image got big impact on our society, everyones loves it, the photographer got famous, HPB very please, then suddenly, the third party which appear in the photo sue HPB, can you let me know what will the photographer bear?

Alot of ppl out there don't read good english, and i am sure that your answer here will made ppl read the T&Cs more carefully, or consult other ppl who commands better english.

Bear in mind that this is a open forum. Be careful on what you post here.

Regards
    Smurfman
    In the eye of the law, whether you know little english or dunno english at all hold no water if you accept the terms and conditions by submitting the entry.

Neither PSS not HPB did anything underhand to coerce you to join the competition. As a participants, it is your responsibilities to read the T&C, agreed before sending in the entries. Since the T&C are clearly spelt out, i do not see any problems. In any case, if you think it's not spelt out clearly, simple, don't join the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    As I've said before, if PSS is only involved in some aspect and not the T&Cs, than PSS will not voice up even if the T&Cs are against the very people that PSS are trying to help, namely the photographer?

If PSS, as part of the org/process of this competation, when knowing something is wrong, do not speak up for the rights of photographers, tell us who esle is close enough to HPB to voice up..
    as mentioned, every organisation have their rules and regulation. These type of rules are not found just in this competition, but also in others. It is for one to judge whether they can accept the rules. If one accept the rules, especially photographers who shoot to join competition and they know of such hoo haa, they will surely send in many entries. If one is skeptical, one can choose either not to take part or probably just submit one pix.

I'm sure they do. They are after all part of a stat. board. That is why I find it so unreasonable to say that you have give them full copyrights and if we get sued when THEY use the images, it is not their problem and you have to shoulder all the cost/blame to settle it. And still, PSS knowing full well all this, does nothing and even endorse the competation.
    PSS is supporting the competition in logistics only. We have talked to HPB about this copyright issue. They have consulted their legal team. They would like to stand by the current rules. We have to accept their decision. Now the ball is in the court of the photographers. Either take it or leave it.

Yes, let's all do that.
    PSS should reflect if it should do nothing to protect the very people it claim to promote photography to, especially so when things that are not right are happening right under their nose.

PSS should reflect if it should warn photographers who are enjoying the shooting process for this competation that there is a knife hanging over their head.
    While PSS tries to promote photography to the general mess, PSS cannot be nanny to too many people, telling everyone which competition to take part or not. Everyone is mature enough to read the rules and see if the terms are OK to them before taking part in the competition.

After so many years and so many good photographers have come and gone through PSS, can PSS claim that they can advise photographers on matters relating not only to the process of photography but also on their rights as a photographer? Can PSS at least try to achieve that? Do PSS dare to challange a gov.org. and educate them that their T&Cs are not right?
    PSS has told HPB that the rules are open to public critique. Photography is a friendly art.No need to challenge or protest. As mentioned, no one can say whether the rules are right or wrong. It is up to photographers to see if they want to accept them.

Just like a chicken rice stall. If the food is nice,people go eat the food.If it is not,less people eat. THere will always be some people who like and some who do not like.

Likewise for this competition, if one is not agreeable to the rules,then don't submit. Pretty simple. If one is still not happy, they can write in to HPB and voice out their opinion.

Mr Yee, I have no doubt that you're a good photographer as well as a very helpful one at that. Past post by other CSers here about course conducted by you were full of prise for you. What I find unacceptable and cannot understand ( to the point that it makes my blood boil ) is that, given that PSS have been around for so long, with so many members and some are even professional, how can PSS stand by and do NOTHING when it sees things like this happening! Just because they're not part of the team that drew up the T&Cs, they do nothing even if something is wrong with it? Is this how the top photography club in Singapore think? How can PSS say " We have worked with HPB before and we trust their integrity as an organisation.We trust that they will not misuse the image." if something do go wrong, can we TRUST that PSS or HPB will help us?
    PSS have been promoting photography in Singapore for so long. Are they still doing the same thing they have been doing 10,15 years ago? Just promoting the process of taking pictures and nothing else? Come on, straighten your backbone, tell whoever needs your help " the rights and welfare of the photographer have to be looked into. I cannot endorse anything that will put the photographer at a disadvantage ".
    PSS is not involved in the drafting of the rules. When we saw the rules, we did advise HPB on the potential issues. They stand by their decision and we have to respect it. It is not wrong, as such terms and conditions are endorsed in some local and international competitions.

Bear in mind that PSS is not just any club in SG, to many it is the top photography club in SG. On par or even higher than PPAS ( Professional Photographer's Association of Singapore ), if PSS does nothing to speak up for the rights of photographers, who will?

For PSS to say "We do not have the legal teams to provide advise for photographers" is one thing, but to endorse something like this is another thing. It is like saying " this is OK, this is acceptable, there's nothing wrong with it ". Is that what PSS is saying? If so, than why change things with the Life Is Great competation?
    PSS is involved and consulted for the rules in Life is Great competition. The prize is good, rules are acceptable, hence the mountain of entries. Photographers know best what is good for them. Chance given up is automatically given up to others.

It is all right for PSS not to be able to give legal advise, but it should at least make a stand on what is the rights of a photographer and stand by them and not turn a blind eye to it.
    As mentioned, the rules and regulation are there for the photographer to see whether they accept or not. There is no right and wrong with regards to the one organised by HPB.

The competition game is simple. Either to accept the rules and take part, or else, look out for other competition. PSS is involved in so many competitions. The recent Total Defence competition got so many prizes. The rules are fair, and we received quite a lot of images across the 10 sections. Even though it is fair,some chose not to take part. I do not know how many have missed their chances.

IT IS HARD TO PLEASE EVERYONE. PSS has no obligation to please any individual. Photography is a people's art,and people have a choice whether to take part or not in these competitions. If one really treasure his works in a non monetory sense, one will not even take part in competitions. He will probably just put his works at home for personal pleasure viewing.

Photography is not just about competitions.

Hope this clarifies and put a stop to these hoo haa. If one is not happy, feel free to send feedback to HPB.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Yee
    Hmmm, I just touched down in Singapore. Do you have anything prejudiced against PSS? I am sure there is based on your posts, not just in this thread. Likewise for YQT.

I may have met you,I do not know. But at the TSWL launch at Singapore Arts Museum, one of the clubsnapper came up to me and proudly told me that he feel "shiok" writing against PSS. He said he felt thrilled. What a bore and waste of time.I think we have better things to do. Confucius said," one rice breeds a hundred types of men".

Let us not make clubsnap ugly place. Feedback from many of our associates is they are less prone to post competition details in clubsnap.

PSS is not reimbursed and do not receive donation for its role in this competition.
    I got nothing prejudiced against PSS. I am sure abt that.

The clubsnapper not me lah, i did not go for the launch. Must me someone wearing my tag, standing infront of you.

CS ugly place? Must be something wrong then ppl will be involve in.Dontyouareed?

I never say PSS got receive donations for this donations.

But, you have not answer my question previously post.

By the way, how come you are the one answering here while still at oversea, where are the rest?
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    i'm so disappointed with PSS, why can't other representatives come in to answer yqt's questions? why must wait for Steven to get connection in India? PSS not only one man show right?
    Usually i dun like to interfere but i think this time things has gone too far. Why has there no one from PSS defend this?

Well, first, i think there's nothing to defend by PSS and HPB. This is just a competition. I dun see anyone from CS challenging Nikon or Epson etc for their rules and regulations?

2nd, PSS is a non-profit organisation, which i think still a lot of people is unaware. As such, PSS only have 2 full time staffs and to cut costs (well, we don't want to be another NKF having people questioning why we spend so much on internet) and with their busy schedule, the full time staffs usually will not come to CS except to post some course dates and answer queries. In fact, even steven seldom comes into CS. Therefore, there is hardly anyone in PSS who comes into CS.

3rd Why am i answering? well, i am a PSS member and i knew the people there well and i know very well how they work. As such, at least i feel i can shed some light.

That's all i have to say. I will not bother about this thread anymore since there's no real issue at all as far as i can see.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Well... your action doesn't seems like you respect Steven or PSS though...
    Your problem? I respect him as a photogarpher and a person, where you don't know.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    In the eye of the law, whether you know little english or dunno english at all hold no water if you accept the terms and conditions by submitting the entry.

Neither PSS not HPB did anything underhand to coerce you to join the competition. As a participants, it is your responsibilities to read the T&C, agreed before sending in the entries. Since the T&C are clearly spelt out, i do not see any problems. In any case, if you think it's not spelt out clearly, simple, don't join the competition.
    If you want to help, pls answer the question.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

My question to PSS Mr. Steven Yee:

If some one took a very good pic, the image got big impact on our society, everyones loves it, the photographer got famous, HPB very please, then suddenly, the third party which appear in the photo sue HPB, can you let me know what will the photographer bear?

Very simple question, PSS members or Mr. Steven Yee, just answer directly. Thk you.

I think steven better go sleep first, just touch down only.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast