Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the best place to get Teleconversion Lens?

Default Where is the best place to get Teleconversion Lens?

Hi everybody, i am new to this forum and as well as photography. I bought a Fujifilm S5500 recently, and thought of getting a Teleconversion Lens to prepare myself for my China trip at the end of the year. Therefore, i need you guys advices on where to get and which type to get. I wish to get a tele len that has at least a 1.7x zoom. My thread is 55mm. Please advice to this newbie~ Thanks so much.

Nice I also got the S5500 recently...one of the moderators recommended the Olympus TCON 17 to me cos I asked the same question....just a few threads down...

Well, i have seen many good previews about Olympus Tcon17. But i am very new to the world of photography. So i need some guidance on where to get it at a cheap price. I am also considering to get a wide conversion lens. So which one do you think is better? Or should i get both?

Heehee glad to find S5500 users in this forum.

Which one is better? Depends on your needs...whether you need a tele or a wide lens.

Hmm true... So what lens do you own now? Tele or Wide? Would to hear your point of view.

Havent gotten any...but intending to buy...

Oh which one do u intend to buy? Btw do you know the market price of both of them? And Where can i get them @ the cheapest price? THe shop that i bought the camera from, he is selling the Tele lens 2.0x @ $180. So what do you think?

mpenza told me $140 for 1.7...not sure where though...

Maybe I will try Alan Photos.

Where is this Alan Photos btw? Saw many people talking about this shop name oftenly in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Belano
    Where is this Alan Photos btw? Saw many people talking about this shop name oftenly in this forum.
    Sim Lim Sq.. ground floor

Oh ok thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by boroangel
    mpenza told me $140 for 1.7...not sure where though...

Maybe I will try Alan Photos.
    alan photo quoted me $160 if i didnt forget
    try buy sell, i got mine for $90, only a couple of months old

cheers

So i guess you are using S5500 also? What type of len is that? Brand?

I am waiting for an e-quote from MS colour on TCON 17, TCON 07 and TCON 30C...

If u got the time, U can call Alan Photos, Cathay and MS to ask them directly...but if you got the price of cos let me know lah...

Hi boroangel, if you interested in getting a TCON lens, how about getting it by Mass Order? Would that be cheaper? Are you considering WCon lens?

MO need many to get cheaper I think...and I have no experience in doing it...

Ic, so any expert here can give some advice on how to buy thru MO?

Wah biang I just called MS Colour and they quite me $190 for TCON 17 ...or did I hear wrongly ($119)...kaoz I read on ehre before that someone got it for $135 from MS colour leh.

i own both the Wcon 08 and Tcon 17, i bought from kind bros from clubsnap B&S, at 90 for each, maybe you guys wanna post a WTB thread for it?

Hi i din manage to get olympus Wcon and Tcon, as i find them abit to expensive to buy new ones. Second hand ones are already snatched by ppl in this forum. So i got my Wide Angle (Giottos) from Peninsula for $90 and Tele 2.0x (Vitacon) from yahoo auction for $60. I personally feel that they are good enough for me. Still a newbie, cant really differential good or bad. So get something cheap to start with first. Hehee... Fun to play with these lens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast