Thread: Best value budget tripod?

Default Best value budget tripod?

What are the recommended budget priced tripods for a moderate weight SLR? Where is the best places to buy? Thanks!

Default Re: Best value budget tripod?

Originally posted by Gunjack
    What are the recommended budget priced tripods for a moderate weight SLR? Where is the best places to buy? Thanks!
    Budget? Your height?

Budget preferably less than $100. Height I guess is not that important. (wait a minute... or are u asking abt MY height? I guess not!) Most important is that it can take the weight of my old (not light) SLR without slipping. Thanks!

He's asking about your height, since using a tripod much shorter than for extended periods you will give you lower back ache. And what is the weight of you camera. Not light is being a bit vague.

Okies, understood! I am abt 1.75+cm tall, though I don't think I will be using the tripod extended much. Plus I guess my camera's abt 0.89kg by surfing for the specs on the web...

Anybody? How is the manfrotto #75? How much is it selling for?

Errm.. 075?? errm.. overkill is the word that comes to mind....

ic... I checked it out on the internet and you are right. I think it is overkill and too heavy for frequent use too. Was interested cause saw someone selling it cheaply...

<$50?

Slik tripods are generally okay. Try the U8000, U9000 series if you want the height.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Yelp, Mpenza is right. I am using the SLIK U8000 and I am 1.74 approx. When the tripod is extended fully, just nice eye-level via my DC EVF. Also, the wt is approx 1.5kg for the U8000. No spirit level for the U8000 but understand that the U9000 has it for a couple of dollars more...

eh... sorry to interrupt, not sure if i should start a new post...

if so, please forgive me hor!

i am looking for the lightest/smallest tripod possible to bring hiking/trekking. i'm using G2 with adaptor and wides, so don't think it will be too heavy.

but i need pan and tilt (i think only cos i newbie) because i like to take stitch panoramic shots, and i think tripod with panning easier and more accurate...

any suggestions on which tripod i should consider?

Smile

consider a monopod or a beam bag?
    there's acutally a skill for using nature or existing support

btw, anyone every consider modifying the cheap ligth tripod?

on a note, they wobble probable because the head is lousy, but if ya can take it out & fit on a mini ballhead or a more stable head?
    condsider filling the last section with sand or other high density stuff? that might make it hopefully a better tripod?
    just wondering...

Shay, what is the total wt of yr entire DC setup? Aside from the wt, with yr lens extension, u really have to bring the whole thing down to CP to try to ensure stability.

Originally posted by tucker
    consider a monopod or a beam bag?
    there's acutally a skill for using nature or existing support

btw, anyone every consider modifying the cheap ligth tripod?

on a note, they wobble probable because the head is lousy, but if ya can take it out & fit on a mini ballhead or a more stable head?
    condsider filling the last section with sand or other high density stuff? that might make it hopefully a better tripod?
    just wondering...
    Hi, I do have that cheap light tripod and I was just thinking of modifying it because I don't want it to go to waste. Can I actually get a more stable head ? shops also sell a mini ballhead? how much is the mini ballhead and the 3-way pan head? I'm interested to know..

as for my tripod head, i fixed on a few washers and it's been tighter already.