Thread: Regarding Fridge.

Default Regarding Fridge.

Hi all,

I did like to find out if say i were to switch off the fridge for 2 hours everyday how much electricity can i save.

Do the items in the fridge will be rotten if not on for 2-4 hrs?

Can anyone help me?

Lightbulb

i am no electrical engineer. perhaps switching off for shorter duration repeatedly while ensuring that the doors are not opened may help to achieve to your goal.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    i am no electrical engineer. perhaps switching off for shorter duration repeatedly while ensuring that the doors are not opened may help to achieve to your goal.
    i think it will use more energy than it should be...

from my limited understanding (i only in the H part of the HVAC sector), the fridge uses a defrost heater that will heat up the cooling pipe, the control system will activate the defrost heater.

with that, if you off the fridge all together, the coolness goes, it takes more power to cool it down lor... if you leave your fridge on, since the temperature is attained, it should do a regulating by itself, overall saving in long run. unless your fridge is spoilt, like the gas leak or it does not cool anymore, then it will sure use more energy.

den by intermittent, everytime the fridge activate, it would do a self check i suppose (the type of control systems we use will do that...) so you are going to waste more power than you should... and it will also reduce the life of the sensors and other misc parts...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Yes...this fellow is a pro...you will use more energy if you off it only for just 2-4hrs a day. The fridge will loses its coolness and in order to "make it" cool again after 4hrs... more energy is needed for start up of the motor and work extra hard to achieve the required temperature. I suggest you off it for good...just kidding haha..

not pro lah... i pian jia 1... hehehe...

anyway its same as the dry box concept... if the humidity level is attained.. it will off, den on when the humidity level increases...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.