Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My take on Video slideshows of photographs

Default My take on Video slideshows of photographs

Hi all,

I recently had a chance to try out two software products namely ProShow Gold and PictureShow(ULEAD).

Conclusion : ProShow is the winner hands down. Although PictureShow does cute DVD menus.

Best
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by sinlg
    Hi all,

I recently had a chance to try out two software products namely ProShow Gold and PictureShow(ULEAD).

Conclusion : ProShow is the winner hands down. Although PictureShow does cute DVD menus.

Best
    Steve
    Hi Steve,

Just wondering is the ProShow's VCD playback quality good? I did try out the MoTV, its VCD quality not so satisfactory.

Thanks
    Canon 40D|17-55 f/2.8 IS|100 f/2.8 Macro|135 f/2L|300 f/4L IS|430ex|BG-E2

Quote Originally Posted by ST_sg
    Hi Steve,

Just wondering is the ProShow's VCD playback quality good? I did try out the MoTV, its VCD quality not so satisfactory.

Thanks
    yes MOTV vcd quality cannot make it,try once at my sis wedding and i really regret i did not use the mpeg2 plugin to burn to DVD.
    Quality could be better.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    yes MOTV vcd quality cannot make it,try once at my sis wedding and i really regret i did not use the mpeg2 plugin to burn to DVD.
    Quality could be better.
    Yup. MoTV to DVD deliver better image quality. But I just wonder the poor image quality is due to nature of VCD format or the software.?

Quote Originally Posted by ST_sg
    Yup. MoTV to DVD deliver better image quality. But I just wonder the poor image quality is due to nature of VCD format or the software.?
    VCD format is very bad. resolution is very low. So far, I tried SVCD format using ProShow... very nice.. maybe good enough and DVD not needed.

That way, you can put more photos into one DVD (using SVCD format). Although this is out of spec, but these days DVD players plays everything.

Default MToTv

So anyone compared the Proshow and the memories to TV? any diff?

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewSCL
    So anyone compared the Proshow and the memories to TV? any diff?
    I guess, from the findings above, avoid VCD format. Go for SVCD or DVD as far as Image quality concern if for displaying photos on TV.

I've tried a few softwares. I find ProShow Gold to be better. However in order to get the best quality slideshow you should create DVD instead of VCD. VCD cannot make it.

Proshow used it for some wedding dinner slideshow so far has not let me down.

I find ProShow Gold very good. However, it seems slugish in performance.. seems like everything you do, it loads the slides information all over again. Kind of slow. Otherwise Kudos to ProShow Gold.

I think they should add a wizard to simplify simple slideshows though.

Thanks for the info. Will give it a try

Default however

however, i tested the pro show with words and somehow, the transitions (between the words and the picture) was not played smoothly on the samsung dvd player...the rest were ok (photos to photos)....buut once u add in words...transition was not smooth...

Default Re: My take on Video slideshows of photographs

Presently using Video Impression VCD format really suckssss....

Will try on Proshow Gold can i know how much is this ? Where can i get hold of one?

Thanks.

to run quickly in proshow, resize ur pics to a smaller resolution. Having a few hundred 3-4 mb pictures will make for slow rendering and processing.
    i generally use 800*480.

Its easy to use, but sometimes, i think a bit limited, especially with words. But overall, its ease wins hands down.

Someone recently recommend sony vegas, i haven tried it, anyone has?

I use Liquid and finds it very easy and flexible with unlimited tracks. It is very resouce draining though as it is a full editor like Vegas

There is a new version call ProShow Producer - that supports DVD yeah!
    It also support layers now (the user interface to the layers are still unpolished though)

hey i have the programme (proshow gold)but how do u do the layers? i can't get 2 pictures in a slide leh... and i read the inside help but nothing is said about the layers. can any kind soul pls help mi out thanks...
    Last edited by xiaowugui82; 4th February 2006 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaowugui82
    hey i have the programme (proshow pro)but how do u do the layers? i can't get 2 pictures in a slide leh... and i read the inside help but nothing is said about the layers. can any kind soul pls help mi out thanks...
    I'm using the trial version, so the "watermark" during playback is irritating.

you have to open the animation window.. there is an option that says copy current slide as a layer to next slide. (if your next slide has already a photo), the current photo will become anothe layer in the next slide.

Quote Originally Posted by sinlg
    There is a new version call ProShow Producer - that supports DVD yeah!
    It also support layers now (the user interface to the layers are still unpolished though)
    ProShow Producer very expensive you know(US$399.95)?

( i jus figure it out liao but i jus put it up incase ppl wanna ask) then if lets say i wanna add 2 songs... one is 1 min and another is 4min. then i onli wan the first 4 slides out of 10 to syn with the first song how to do.? when i click syn selected the whole show will automatic fit into 5min. but i jus wan the first 4 to syn with the first 1min song while the rest to syn with the second 4min song. really thank for your help.

ans... have to go to the top option audio and click syn selected pictures to track. thanks...
    Last edited by xiaowugui82; 31st January 2006 at 10:36 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast