Thread: HELP needed: Setting 2 monitors on one pc.

Default HELP needed: Setting 2 monitors on one pc.

any kind techie who can teach me on setting up dual monitors for a pc running win2000?
    wanna have bigger viewing space while working on digital photos.

can anyone help? thanks in advance.

forgot already..but recall that it has something to do with graphics card settings.

Default Display Props

WinXP > Desktop > Right-Click > Properties > Settings > Display > Option 2. HTH.

You need a graphic card that supports dual monitor, or those old main board which can take old video card (which can plug into a shorter video slot on the old main board) that allows you to use two video cards on same board. The first option is much more convenient.

I got a Dell in my office which has two LCD monitors connected. Quite convenient, especially for programming and web surfing

Cheers!

Most notebook nowadays will allow you to connect another secondary monitor to extend your screen... I've used it for years and almost feel crippled without it..

Some cards like the Nvidia Quadro PCI-E Series that comes with certain Dell desktop models support a dual display directly. You will need a Y-connector cable that plugs into the card video-out port, and you then plug the two monitors to each end of the Y-connector. You then need to configure your Display Properties to utilise the two monitors.

Additionally, it is also possible to added a PCI video card to an empty PCI-slot if you already have a video card in your PCI-E/PCI/AGP etc. port. That means two video cards to drive two monitors. Again, you need to configure your Display Properties to utilise the two cards/monitors.

Or you could have a dual-monitor card like the Quadro, plus another additional PCI video card. This is my set-up.... 2 monitors on the Quadro plus 1 monitor on the additional PCI video card, giving me 3 monitors.

Default Today's ST paper

Today's ST's Digital session has a page on this.

Deregistered

thanks guys! will check it out. hope to get one system like this up. should be fun.

Here is a snap shot of my desktop (w/dual Dell LCD monitors)

why the need for 2 monitors? can enlighten?
    and how to use the mouse/keyboard?

This is all you need to do: