Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 372

Thread: icarus outing #005 : Penang

  1. #281
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Talking

    Finally got my slides and negatives back~

    #1.


    #2.


    #3.


    #4.


    #5.
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  2. #282

    Default

    #01 Big statue of "Guanyin" buddha. Wide angle lens and the sky make the statue looks v majestic. My own opionion is if can crop off a bit by not showing the "signboard"(duno what to call that in English) with chinese character will be better. It will focus the viewer attention on just the statue and the sky and be less distracting.

    #04 Very interesting. I like the way the rooftop gridlines curve. V attention catching.

  3. #283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khnglh
    Nite Shot from Penang Hill

    Cool.

  4. #284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by obewan
    #01 Big statue of "Guanyin" buddha. Wide angle lens and the sky make the statue looks v majestic. My own opionion is if can crop off a bit by not showing the "signboard"(duno what to call that in English) with chinese character will be better. It will focus the viewer attention on just the statue and the sky and be less distracting.

    #04 Very interesting. I like the way the rooftop gridlines curve. V attention catching.
    I think you meant crop off the lotus portion right?

    That's the beauty of 12-24 on Film/Slide.

  5. #285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T16
    I think you meant crop off the lotus portion right?

    That's the beauty of 12-24 on Film/Slide.
    Yah...that's what I mean. But not totally crop off all the lotus porton, but still keep a bit of it or else the picture will look weird.

    Yah...v beautiful..

  6. #286

  7. #287
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Northen part of Sing a pore
    Posts
    2,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hazekang


    My lousy pics

  8. #288
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    Finally got my slides and negatives back~

    #1.


    #4.


    #5.
    #1. wow~ the color of the sky is so nice

    #4. COOL~

    #5. look a bit weird for the whole picture~

  9. #289
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hazekang

    great~

  10. #290
    Moderator John Teoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,059

    Default Re: icarus outing #005 : Penang

    Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    Finally got my slides and negatives back~

    #1.


    Hahaha... did something the same but too bad my lens is not as wide as yours. DSLR so have to live with it.
    Cheers
    John

  11. #291

    Default Re: icarus outing #005 : Penang

    Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh


    Hahaha... did something the same but too bad my lens is not as wide as yours. DSLR so have to live with it.
    Cheers
    John

    CHange to film lor.....
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  12. #292
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,550

    Default Re: icarus outing #005 : Penang

    john's new avatar so cute haha

  13. #293

    Default Re: icarus outing #005 : Penang

    Quote Originally Posted by hazekang
    Very nice series of photos.They are all v sharp.


    For B&W this will be my favourite shot.
    http://hazeweb.multiply.com/photos/photo/14/125.jpg <==

    For color, I will choose this one.
    http://hazeweb.multiply.com/photos/photo/14/53.jpg <==
    (I like the way u shoot at the cat sleeping, both front legs straightened. Interesting)

  14. #294
    Moderator John Teoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,059

    Default Re: icarus outing #005 : Penang

    Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy
    CHange to film lor.....


    Cheers
    John

  15. #295

    Default Re: icarus outing #005 : Penang

    Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh


    Cheers
    John

    hahahahahaa
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  16. #296
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Default Re: icarus outing #005 : Penang

    Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh


    Cheers
    John
    Join the real dark side!
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  17. #297
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,550

    Default Re: icarus outing #005 : Penang

    Quote Originally Posted by obewan
    Very nice series of photos.They are all v sharp.


    For B&W this will be my favourite shot.
    http://hazeweb.multiply.com/photos/photo/14/125.jpg <==

    For color, I will choose this one.
    http://hazeweb.multiply.com/photos/photo/14/53.jpg <==
    (I like the way u shoot at the cat sleeping, both front legs straightened. Interesting)
    haha thanks thanks

  18. #298
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Default Re: icarus outing #005 : Penang

    Quote Originally Posted by obewan
    #01 Big statue of "Guanyin" buddha. Wide angle lens and the sky make the statue looks v majestic. My own opionion is if can crop off a bit by not showing the "signboard"(duno what to call that in English) with chinese character will be better. It will focus the viewer attention on just the statue and the sky and be less distracting.
    Ya, and also my photo doesn't really show the dimensions of the giant kuan yin... its freaking HUGE!
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  19. #299
    Moderator John Teoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,059

    Default Re: icarus outing #005 : Penang

    Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    Join the real dark side!
    Hahaha... no man... too lazy to develop the negative etc unless someone do it for me

    Cheers
    John

  20. #300

    Default Re: icarus outing #005 : Penang

    Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh
    Hahaha... no man... too lazy to develop the negative etc unless someone do it for me

    Cheers
    John

    THe lad is helping u to do mah.......hahaha
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •