Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CAR suggestions

only have to choose from this 4? if not, u could consider the sunny as well, the cheapest of the lot, but made in japan. (i think it's still slightly cheaper than the vios)

and when i bought mine a few months ago, they gave free servicing until 50k kms... dunno if they still have it now.

Just curious why Nissan Sunny not in your list ?

Quote Originally Posted by litefoot
    Then I got one car for you, sure shiok until you hit the roof. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR.

Quote Originally Posted by togu
    Frankly speaking, if I really have 1 of those, I don't think I'll ever do any driftings.

Heard there are only 6 or 8 Trueno in singapore, and just read in last week i-weekly, about Michelle Chia's brother owning 1 of it.
    And I actually saw one with all the trimmings of the Initial D, right down to the wording by the side of the car. Don't know if the tires also the same?

Quote Originally Posted by markccm
    Love my Vios.

Pickup from 0-100 is 8.7s flat.

FC is averages from 13km/l to 17km/l
    Yah, dun play play with Vios. Lightweight with relatively powerful engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Caussway
    Just curious why Nissan Sunny not in your list ?
    He wants the shiok feel mah.

Anyway, I am just commenting on the list by the original poster. Sunny is also a nice point A to B car.

Quote Originally Posted by seewhy
    And I actually saw one with all the trimmings of the Initial D, right down to the wording by the side of the car. Don't know if the tires also the same?
    Aiya what so great about this car? The Silvia S13 already look so much better, drift better than this car and top off with more power on tap.

Quote Originally Posted by seewhy
    Not the one with Gay Chow standing next to it I hope.

Aiya what so great about this car? The Silvia S13 already look so much better, drift better than this car and top off with more power on tap.
    Heh, in actual life, the car is not meant for drifiting, it's meant for delivering tofu! And it must be a Trueno AE86.

Quote Originally Posted by togu
    Heh, in actual life, the car is not meant for drifiting, it's meant for delivering tofu! And it must be a Trueno AE86.
    Eh, if you want to deliver Tofu I have another Toyota for you. Toyota HIACE.

go for the lancer then add spoiler

i hate the sunny's suspension with the bar across the axles on the underside..
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    i hate the sunny's suspension with the bar across the axles on the underside..
    Wah, you mean the car comes with lower strut bar?

Oh, I don't like the way its shaped. Looks a bit like an 'uncle' car to me... no offence to Sunny owners.. beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Thought Altis very popular? No Altis or Lancer owners in here to give their opinions?

Eh, if you want to deliver Tofu I have another Toyota for you. Toyota HIACE.

HiACE?? No one will bother to see even if the tofu delivery man is Fujiwara!!! Grrr...

togu -> <- litefoot

Wah, you mean the car comes with lower strut bar?
    i dunno but it sure looks ugly to me
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    just booked an altis. prefer it over the vios becos i don't like the centrally placed dashboard of the vios. it's also more spacious than the vios, e.g. apparently you can fit a golf bag into the boot of an altis but not the vios. can't comment on the others though.
    Yeah, the centrally located instrument panel is one of the things I don't like about the Vios. THe Altis has a very large boot space. We could fit 6 rucksacks in there when a friend gave us a lift last time, compared to only 4 max on most cars.
    Last edited by Gymrat76; 11th July 2005 at 05:52 PM.

get a lancer...made in japan
    enuff said

why not try YRV Turbo.. light chasis with a turbo inside.. pickup fast.. i wld prefer the older generation GTTI.. pickup is lighting fast.. can chase any 1.6l or 2.0l in terms of pickup..

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76
    Anyone who's been driving Altis for a number of years? Got feedback, any problems and such? Thx
    Altis is a new model in Sg. Early buyers prob got it last year. Altis is hot selling car in Msia

Quote Originally Posted by lieu9310
    I am presently planning to change my car. I find Vios too small, both toyota has to wait for 3 mths for the stock to come in. I do not like the shape of City, look like a addon backside. I will go for Lancer as the going price is now 56k, w/sport reel n leather seat ... made in japan some more....

I got my Altis within a month.

Then I got one car for you, sure shiok until you hit the roof. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR.
    Hahaha... I wish I could get dat one...

But till I see COEs like $1 again, plus I see car prices dropping like a rock simultaneously to like... $50K for a new car? I MIGHT consider getting one. If not, no go. Private transport ownage cost in Singapore is simply way too high.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast