Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 94

Thread: CAR suggestions

  1. #1

    Talking CAR suggestions

    What do you guys think? Considering a car around $60k, choices are (in order of preference):

    1. Toyota Altis 1.6 (~62k)
    2. Honda City 1.5VTEC (~62k)
    3. Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 (~59k)
    4. Toyota VIOS 1.5 (~55k)

    Anyone driving the above cars care to give your comments on it? Looking for a car thats nice to drive, good engine/road noise levels and spacious. Or any other cars to recommend in that price range?

    Not looking at Korean made cars (Kia, Hyundai) nor hatchbacks. Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76
    What do you guys think? Considering a car around $60k, choices are (in order of preference):

    1. Toyota Altis 1.6 (~62k)
    2. Honda City 1.5VTEC (~62k)
    3. Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 (~59k)
    4. Toyota VIOS 1.5 (~55k)

    Anyone driving the above cars care to give your comments on it? Looking for a car thats nice to drive, good engine/road noise levels and spacious. Or any other cars to recommend in that price range?

    Not looking at Korean made cars (Kia, Hyundai) nor hatchbacks. Thanks
    I would say go for the Lancer 1.6. It is a good car to drive. Used to own one years before.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    becareful of extra loading on the insurance for honda cars... they are carrot heads for insurance agents.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    hmm... IMHO...

    1. Ugly... fuel saving... kinda common
    2. Ugliest Honda ever... ok... maybe not... but still ugly...
    3. Not bad... not fuel saving car... unless get GDI
    4. Among all... look better... fuel saving as well... VVTI
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76
    What do you guys think? Considering a car around $60k, choices are (in order of preference):

    1. Toyota Altis 1.6 (~62k)
    2. Honda City 1.5VTEC (~62k)
    3. Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 (~59k)
    4. Toyota VIOS 1.5 (~55k)

    Anyone driving the above cars care to give your comments on it? Looking for a car thats nice to drive, good engine/road noise levels and spacious. Or any other cars to recommend in that price range?

    Not looking at Korean made cars (Kia, Hyundai) nor hatchbacks. Thanks
    What are your criteria? If you go for large interior space and comfort the Altis is a good choice. If you are looking for a spirited drive, go for the VTEC. If you are into value for money, the VIOS is a good choice, but if you dun fancy the label "Made in Thailand", the Lancer is your best bet.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default

    I not into car but I find that the new Mazada quite nice

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    hmm... IMHO...

    1. Ugly... fuel saving... kinda common
    2. Ugliest Honda ever... ok... maybe not... but still ugly...
    3. Not bad... not fuel saving car... unless get GDI
    4. Among all... look better... fuel saving as well... VVTI
    In terms of fuel saving, I think they are almost the same with variable valve timing, except Lancer.

    Get anything iDSL (Jazz, City), best bet on fuel saving. Down side is that they all need extra set of spark plugs.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    I not into car but I find that the new Mazada quite nice
    Good power, but uses torque convertor tranny which means more fuel consumption and power loss through drivetrain.

  9. #9

    Default

    Looking at that list, I'll go for the Lancer too, value for money. (tho there are rumours that Mitsubishi cars are petrol suckers)

    Heh, but I'll strill prefer a Toyota Trueno AE86, with a sticker on the side "Ah Gui ToFu Shop", then you'll see me everynite hanging around at South Buona Vista Road.
    Last edited by togu; 11th July 2005 at 04:23 PM.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by togu
    Looking at that list, I'll go for the Lancer too, value for money. (tho there are rumours that Mitsubishi cars are petrol suckers)

    Heh, but I'll strill prefer a Toyota Truenos AE86, with a sticker on the side "Ah Gui ToFu Shop)
    You won't want one of those. Those still on the road are almost 20 years old with aged chassis. Dun even think of drifting them without major chassis strengthening which means $$$$. If not for Initial D, they are as good as scrap. There are better options.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    122

    Default

    I am presently planning to change my car. I find Vios too small, both toyota has to wait for 3 mths for the stock to come in. I do not like the shape of City, look like a addon backside. I will go for Lancer as the going price is now 56k, w/sport reel n leather seat ... made in japan some more....

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by litefoot
    You won't want one of those. Those still on the road are almost 20 years old with aged chassis. Dun even think of drifting them without major chassis strengthening which means $$$$. If not for Initial D, they are as good as scrap. There are better options.
    Frankly speaking, if I really have 1 of those, I don't think I'll ever do any driftings.

    Heard there are only 6 or 8 Trueno in singapore, and just read in last week i-weekly, about Michelle Chia's brother owning 1 of it.

  13. #13
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Asylum, Ward 4444
    Posts
    2,095

    Default

    Love my Vios.

    Pickup from 0-100 is 8.7s flat.

    FC is averages from 13km/l to 17km/l

  14. #14

    Default

    Hmmm, the Lancer seems to be the fav so far. To be honest, my first pick was the Lancer, but heard that the sound insulation is not that great, get loud engine/road noise. Also single cam engine so may look sporty but can't really run And rumors about Mitsubishi Motor in some kind of trouble hasn't done any good for my confidence.

    The Altis on the other hand may not look like a sport car, but its very spacious and performs well, or so I've heard. Cars like the VIOS are much too small for my liking

  15. #15

    Default

    good workhorse for altis..
    more than enuff said.

  16. #16

    Default

    Anyone who's been driving Altis for a number of years? Got feedback, any problems and such? Thx

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Rode the Mazda 3 before... Got quite a good 'feel' to the car.

    But den someone said something like 'drivetrain', 'power loss', damn cheem. I oso dunno wad it means...
    Drive, feel shiok = good.

    After all, can buy car liao. Shldn't think so much abt saving money
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by togu
    Frankly speaking, if I really have 1 of those, I don't think I'll ever do any driftings.

    Heard there are only 6 or 8 Trueno in singapore, and just read in last week i-weekly, about Michelle Chia's brother owning 1 of it.
    So you are taking it slowly round the bends of South Bona Vista?

    I dun really know how many of them but my guess is your number will include those Levins which are around.

    You are paying for its novelty, which I think a Golf GTi Mk1 is WAY cooler than the AE86.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    After all, can buy car liao. Shldn't think so much abt saving money
    Then I got one car for you, sure shiok until you hit the roof. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by litefoot
    So you are taking it slowly round the bends of South Bona Vista?

    I dun really know how many of them but my guess is your number will include those Levins which are around.

    You are paying for its novelty, which I think a Golf GTi Mk1 is WAY cooler than the AE86.
    Heh heh, I'm buying it for others to look at me while I'm driving.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •