Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digicam for party

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    I think another easy solution (if available, that is) is to move the whole group to somewhere more brighter like hallway, stage, etc. Or just drag some lightsource (i.e. lamps if there are) to the left and right of the group, with the flash in the middle the photo should be more balanced and brighter. If can increase the ISO, also better and then clean the noise afterwards. That's what I'll do to enjoy the party more without the liability of lugging too many stuff and keeping a constant eye on them while my buddy enjoys themselves.
    I assume this is also your objective thats why you left your DSLR at home.
    Sometimes, it's never possible to do what one wishes. Flash in the middle doesn't balance the shot either. It takes more than just centralising the flash.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Sometimes, it's never possible to do what one wishes. Flash in the middle doesn't balance the shot either. It takes more than just centralising the flash.
    Well... that is true... but in this case (mine and not astin), my photo quality will be leaning more on "good enough" n not a pro-shot. So pretty girls in the middle and ugly dudes at the side should still balance the aesthetic.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    Well... that is true... but in this case (mine and not astin), my photo quality will be leaning more on "good enough" n not a pro-shot. So pretty girls in the middle and ugly dudes at the side should still balance the aesthetic.
    Now you're making sense

Anyway, for PnS, don't worry too much, everybody just wants a shot, doesn't have to worry about quality. Often I shoot with my 4600 also just for the sake and fun of it.

Astin, the Fuji F10 is what you need. Set it to ISO 800 or 1600 (tradeoff is more noise), and shoot to your heart's content in dim conditions. Not all will come out focused, but you do not need to use flash all the time ... I'm guessing candids are desirable.

Cons are it's slightly more bulky than some of the new slimline models from the other manufacturers, but the battery lasts forever. Gone through 2 charges, each in excess of 1200 shots (about 10% with flash, with a reasonable amount of review on the LCD).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12