Thread: Is this a "dust in my 28-135 IS" senario?

Question Is this a "dust in my 28-135 IS" senario?

I realized that it has something inside the front element of the lens. It sticks
    on the first piece of glass at the lower bottom (85% radius from the center).
    Haven't seen its effect yet since only discovered yesterday. Am I having a
    tedious problem now? It's much smaller than the diameter of 0.5mm
    pencil though.

just take a pic on a bright plain piece of paper at f/11 or above and see if there are any 'shadows'.. or load into PS and use auto levels... any dust will just pop up
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Thank you I will try it out.
    What is the cost of repairing such a lens if the dust does affect? There is no
    warranty for it any longer.

I don't think dust on lens will show up on photos on small apertures, usually just dust on the sensor.
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

Its normal to have dust in the lens elements, my brand new lens has one speck in the front element too. It will not show up in your images.

How will the dust affect pics if there are a lot of them inside a lens? Will some dust like this one affect pic taken?

I just bought the lens, but haven't got it yet. Quite worry about the results I'm gonna get. Will a professional cleaning service improve the pic taken or is it just waste of money?

Thanks and cheers!

fengwei u mix ur lens wf key chains or what? why soooooooo many scratches and dents :P

Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT
    fengwei u mix ur lens wf key chains or what? why soooooooo many scratches and dents :P
    No lah, got this one from a second hand forum. Thinking of getting it cleaned or just passing it to someone else (who seems don't care too much about the scratches and dust) The price was too good (compare to new or mint condition ones) to be passed though.

Will see how it goes...

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei
    No lah, got this one from a second hand forum. Thinking of getting it cleaned or just passing it to someone else (who seems don't care too much about the scratches and dust) The price was too good (compare to new or mint condition ones) to be passed though.

Will see how it goes...
    Hi fengwei, care to share what lens is that? Very large aperture heh.

Thanks.
    Canon 40D|17-55 f/2.8 IS|100 f/2.8 Macro|135 f/2L|300 f/4L IS|430ex|BG-E2

It looks like an amplifying glass.
    It's Pentax lens.

Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT
    It looks like an amplifying glass.
    It's Pentax lens.
    Yes, it's a Pentax 135/2.8 FA lens. Quite small actually, only 52mm filter size, 68 x 80mm, 375g

The manual focus version (M135/3.5, which I also have) is even smaller and compact:63x66mm, 270g, 49mm filter

Cheers!