Thread: Redang Island

Default Redang Island

Hi, juz upload my pictures into pbase.com

Please feel free to comment. Thanks.

I am using Minolta 404 35mm SLR.
    Kodak Series Slide
    Some of the photos went thru post processed.

http://www.pbase.com/jimtong

What did you used to scan those slides? The quality looks bad for the scan.
    Canon Lover :)

cephas
    Guests

Nice pictures, btw how much you spend on your trip thought of going with a couple of friends .

Originally posted by cephas
    Nice pictures, btw how much you spend on your trip thought of going with a couple of friends .
    I spent about $400++ (if i remember correctly) for a 4D3N trips. It is worth the 10 hour journey. But I think you have to wait until next march cos now coming to monsoon season already.

Originally posted by Klause
    Hi Klause, I have to agree with you . The pictures quality are not really good. I think the main reason is not the scanner. I did some post process on some of the pictures which I am still trying to experiment on the various setting. I am still new in post processing, so will work on it and hopefully, will see a better post next time

Thanks for the comment.

Originally posted by Klause
    btw Klause, in your opinion, do you think the lens play a part in the picture quality in my case? I am using the supplied len from the minolta kit (obviously not a good quality len).

Thinking of getting a third party lens in a range of 28mm to 80mm or more, any recommendation?

cephas
    Guests

so sad thought of going in my holidays , thanx man for the tip ..

you can try Pulau Pangkor at the west coast of P.Malaysia instead. shouldn't be affected by the monsoon season that much.

Or maybe u wanna try a new island in thailand?Kho Kood
    Have some commercial pictures of it which i uploaded here

IMO i think it is simliar to Maldives, hehehe....

But the bad thing abt this island is tht u need to take 5 hr boat ride to reach there(slow boat)

Cheechee,

Very interested in going to the place. Any links or more info. Thanks.

Originally posted by kh73
    Cheechee,

Very interested in going to the place. Any links or more info. Thanks.
    Well, last time i was so into it so i searched web for this. But didnt keep all those links.

So hor, best thing is u search Yahoo or googles for "Kho Kood" or "Koh Kood"(coz english version it has 2 names). Should be a lot of results from there.

Best if u have any thai frens, get them to help u book the trip, will definitely get cheaper local price. Last time i asked my thai fren, and she told me that people usually stay 1 or 2 nites there for a 5-7 days thailand trip...

And maybe u also wanna check out this forum for travelling in thailand, quite useful too.
    Thai Travel Forum

Hope that this helps.
    Last edited by cheechee; 3rd October 2002 at 12:32 PM.

Originally posted by cheechee

Or maybe u wanna try a new island in thailand?Kho Kood
    Have some commercial pictures of it which i uploaded here

IMO i think it is simliar to Maldives, hehehe....

But the bad thing abt this island is tht u need to take 5 hr boat ride to reach there(slow boat)
    Wah... cheechee.. this is paradise man!!! you went there? Any info on the tour or not?

Encino
    Guests

Hi

I been to the Pangkor Island twice and I should say that it's cheap and fun. The place should be very developed now as it had been 8 years since I been there. It's a very good place to take photgraphs and the sunset was very nice.

It's basically a little island and you can take a bus to reach Lumut Harbour and take a ferry to Pangkor. The bus journey used to take 10 hours and I believe it is much shorter now due to the NS Highway.

Originally posted by jimtong

Wah... cheechee.. this is paradise man!!! you went there? Any info on the tour or not?
    Hehe... I still planning a trip there with my gf end of this year. Asked my thailand fren and she had been there. Compared the "international" price i was quoted and asked about hers, then i decided to get her book it for me...
    Definitely differs a lot.

And please note that diving for the island is possible but not so reasonably priced and the dive sites are not so good, so if u r into diving, might as well spend the $$$ @ Pulau Lang Tengah or Sipadan Island after the monsoon season. Snoorklin is preferred than diving.

GOOD if u wan to take ur gf/wife for romantic trip. U can take 1 day for ur thailand trip to venture this island and spend the rest of the trip going ard thailand.

And izzit this beautiful? Well, she said it is, but hor, again -> 5 hrs boat ride.

Info on the tour i think u search website better?