Thread: QA from branded company.

Default QA from branded company.

I got bad experience with branded products and I wondering, are their QA dropping due to cut cost? Really disappointed as their warrently mostly wouldn't cover parts of the product. Or maybe I got no luck with them?
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Perhaps they have come to realise that building products that last for a decade would not do their immediate to short term sales any good. Especially tech products which can be big ticket items.

Deregistered

Default Re: QA from branded company.

Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post
    Perhaps they have come to realise that building products that last for a decade would not do their immediate to short term sales any good. Especially tech products which can be big ticket items.
    you are absolutely right.

esp for parts that are subject to wear/tear...usually not under warranty.

Minus the brand, what I encounter. Power bank on/off button come off after some usage. I resolve by using toothpick. Then comes the worst night mare, the adaptor for charging it just spoilt like that. I dont even bother to get another adaptor even it's a 8k power bank.

Second item, speaker. Hardly use, should he safe. Wrong! Speaker split into 2! Thought glue dries up, wrong again as the screw thread just broke off, 4 of them. Just like wood decay but it's plastic. Speaker still usable but from a branded company, omg!

Next time get accessories also ask for warranty as they do cost $ n some over $100. No law to protect us as any limit on a product should have warranty etc.

Default Re: QA from branded company.

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Next time get accessories also ask for warranty as they do cost $ n some over $100. No law to protect us as any limit on a product should have warranty etc.
    Then it is your choice to buy a product where the manufacturer offers warranty. It's the same topic as "local sets vs. grey sets".
    Don't ask for laws, this will only feed lawyers and makes life difficult. Common sense and thinking can do a lot.
    EOS

Like I purchased the original adapter and battery grip for A7R. No warranty, but that amount could get a phone with one. So, as a consumer, I feels not worth to get branded stuffs without warrenty. Even a $65 time lapse remote, also got a year warranty from shop.