Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wat do u hope to achieve in photography

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    my best is f32 nia leh.. no medium format lah master... also dun have such good lights...
    Now DSLR don't need small f-stop liao, the DOF of DSLR is better than MF, LF. btw, sometime powerful lights also not enought, have to use multiple pops of flash to get f45.

Anyway I can only pursue my vision after I feed my family, maybe have to wait until I retire as professional first.

Quote Originally Posted by Splutter
    To train myself to have a more muscular index finger
    Nah, I can get the same results from play games all day. I guess its more for self satisfaction when you can get whatever you envisioned on print.
    i got quite a range of hammers & mallets... feel free to use them when you are free... if you need any help in creating the ultimate muscular index finger... i can always lend you a swinging hand...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

i got quite a range of hammers & mallets... feel free to use them when you are free... if you need any help in creating the ultimate muscular index finger... i can always lend you a swinging hand...
    Too muscular and it won't fit into the nose.. just kidding.

hehe after hearing all these maybe i will share mine too...guess i dint define it too well

i started off 18mths ago when my bro... behyx(daniel) kindda showed me his aussie trip photos...i was captivated at wat photography could do for me... and i tot...my dream is to be a journalist for newsweek some day... tt is if i could.... y not pick up photog since its related... so i picked up my dad's old film slr and toyed ard with it with daniel.... my dream at tt time was to pick up a new skill while still in the army and hope tt with tt i could hitch my dream job w it in the v far future

slowly i became more interested in portraits .... and since then about a year ago...all i have ever been doin was portraits... and sometime inbetween i had another short term aim....to try out full time photography...which i am doing now..though i am not v good..the experience is liberating..... tt is untill school starts at least...

my long term aim is yet to be achieved..but at this moment i am living my dream, and working towards improving my skills(which i tink are still v weak) to achieve my long term aim...

cheers...
    Witness

i think you meant swollen finger?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

I give u big head want?
    DCA -> <-Splutter
    If you understand my works, it's photography. If you don't, it's art.
    SplutterPhotography|flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Splutter
    To train myself to have a more muscular index finger
    Nah, I can get the same results from play games all day. I guess its more for self satisfaction when you can get whatever you envisioned on print.
    you forgot to mention the ultimate 'big-small' eyes that give you a totally different face when viewed on left and right.

caputre fond memories in a professional way

Default Money Not Inuf

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Now DSLR don't need small f-stop liao, the DOF of DSLR is better than MF, LF. btw, sometime powerful lights also not enought, have to use multiple pops of flash to get f45.

Anyway I can only pursue my vision after I feed my family, maybe have to wait until I retire as professional first.
    Photography is not that expensive after all. Compared with Cars, Golf, Hi-fi, Travel etc. You can shoot with humble used equipment and still have lots of fun.

Of course, who do not want those swell pro lenses, pro bodies, CF sturdy tripod, etc...... It is a matter of want and need. There is a choice and range. Also, can readily get used equipment to start with.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

Quote Originally Posted by smallaperture
    Photography is not that expensive after all. Compared with Cars, Golf, Hi-fi, Travel etc. You can shoot with humble used equipment and still have lots of fun.

Of course, who do not want those swell pro lenses, pro bodies, CF sturdy tripod, etc...... It is a matter of want and need. There is a choice and range. Also, can readily get used equipment to start with.
    Photography it is not just a hobby to me, anyway I am not fancy about camera and lenses, they are just a tool for me to make a living, and I don’t have much time to shoot for fun and leisure now.

I told DCA about how I do products shots with medium and large format camera, last time. I think that’s how you got a wrong picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    hehe after hearing all these maybe i will share mine too...guess i dint define it too well

i started off 18mths ago when my bro... behyx(daniel) kindda showed me his aussie trip photos...i was captivated at wat photography could do for me... and i tot...my dream is to be a journalist for newsweek some day... tt is if i could.... y not pick up photog since its related... so i picked up my dad's old film slr and toyed ard with it with daniel.... my dream at tt time was to pick up a new skill while still in the army and hope tt with tt i could hitch my dream job w it in the v far future

slowly i became more interested in portraits .... and since then about a year ago...all i have ever been doin was portraits... and sometime inbetween i had another short term aim....to try out full time photography...which i am doing now..though i am not v good..the experience is liberating..... tt is untill school starts at least...

my long term aim is yet to be achieved..but at this moment i am living my dream, and working towards improving my skills(which i tink are still v weak) to achieve my long term aim...

cheers...
    Witness
    i will count the days, mths and years for you. Must let me knw when 2019 reach....

As for me, "touch ppl"
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Deregistered

as Canon's philosophy says - Kyosei - for the good of all.

i intend to get shots that document things that happen only once. still have a long way to go though.

Original goal was to shoot myself pictures for my parents since P&S cams always
    out of focus. Then realized that it made possible to get to know ppl. Still then
    wanted to shoot nice pictures and show off online. P) First goal accomplished,
    2nd & 3rd ongoing.

Shoot celebrities.

relax my mind..

i don't know, time seems to be never enough and tiredness doesn't wear in so fast when taking photos..

i started off wanting to freelance and pro and all the what-nots.

but just about 1 year on, i felt the best satisfaction came from shooting common everyday stuff in a different light that any viewer (including myself!) will always sort pause for a gasp to that odd-angled but strangely alluring perspective captured.

i liken this whole interaction thingy to a new singer performing a remake of an old song in his or her unique tones and colours..a very different but always captivating touch.

to say it for someone, who dont apprec photog perhaps as much as we do, its also like channeling "Bo-Liao-ness" in a creative manner!
    Last edited by itisnottheendorg; 14th July 2005 at 09:41 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12