Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Thread: Wat do u hope to achieve in photography

  1. #21
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    my best is f32 nia leh.. no medium format lah master... also dun have such good lights...
    Now DSLR don't need small f-stop liao, the DOF of DSLR is better than MF, LF. btw, sometime powerful lights also not enought, have to use multiple pops of flash to get f45.

    Anyway I can only pursue my vision after I feed my family, maybe have to wait until I retire as professional first.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Splutter
    To train myself to have a more muscular index finger
    Nah, I can get the same results from play games all day. I guess its more for self satisfaction when you can get whatever you envisioned on print.
    i got quite a range of hammers & mallets... feel free to use them when you are free... if you need any help in creating the ultimate muscular index finger... i can always lend you a swinging hand...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    i got quite a range of hammers & mallets... feel free to use them when you are free... if you need any help in creating the ultimate muscular index finger... i can always lend you a swinging hand...
    Too muscular and it won't fit into the nose.. just kidding.

  4. #24

    Default

    hehe after hearing all these maybe i will share mine too...guess i dint define it too well

    i started off 18mths ago when my bro... behyx(daniel) kindda showed me his aussie trip photos...i was captivated at wat photography could do for me... and i tot...my dream is to be a journalist for newsweek some day... tt is if i could.... y not pick up photog since its related... so i picked up my dad's old film slr and toyed ard with it with daniel.... my dream at tt time was to pick up a new skill while still in the army and hope tt with tt i could hitch my dream job w it in the v far future

    slowly i became more interested in portraits .... and since then about a year ago...all i have ever been doin was portraits... and sometime inbetween i had another short term aim....to try out full time photography...which i am doing now..though i am not v good..the experience is liberating..... tt is untill school starts at least...

    my long term aim is yet to be achieved..but at this moment i am living my dream, and working towards improving my skills(which i tink are still v weak) to achieve my long term aim...

    cheers...
    Witness

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    i got quite a range of hammers & mallets... feel free to use them when you are free... if you need any help in creating the ultimate muscular index finger... i can always lend you a swinging hand...
    i think you meant swollen finger?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Gim Boon Tai
    Posts
    2,909

    Default

    I give u big head want?
    DCA -> <-Splutter
    If you understand my works, it's photography. If you don't, it's art.
    SplutterPhotography|flickr

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Splutter
    To train myself to have a more muscular index finger
    Nah, I can get the same results from play games all day. I guess its more for self satisfaction when you can get whatever you envisioned on print.
    you forgot to mention the ultimate 'big-small' eyes that give you a totally different face when viewed on left and right.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York*New Jersey*Boston
    Posts
    1,072

    Default

    caputre fond memories in a professional way

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Catchment Area
    Posts
    2,441

    Default Money Not Inuf

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Now DSLR don't need small f-stop liao, the DOF of DSLR is better than MF, LF. btw, sometime powerful lights also not enought, have to use multiple pops of flash to get f45.

    Anyway I can only pursue my vision after I feed my family, maybe have to wait until I retire as professional first.
    Photography is not that expensive after all. Compared with Cars, Golf, Hi-fi, Travel etc. You can shoot with humble used equipment and still have lots of fun.

    Of course, who do not want those swell pro lenses, pro bodies, CF sturdy tripod, etc...... It is a matter of want and need. There is a choice and range. Also, can readily get used equipment to start with.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

  10. #30
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smallaperture
    Photography is not that expensive after all. Compared with Cars, Golf, Hi-fi, Travel etc. You can shoot with humble used equipment and still have lots of fun.

    Of course, who do not want those swell pro lenses, pro bodies, CF sturdy tripod, etc...... It is a matter of want and need. There is a choice and range. Also, can readily get used equipment to start with.
    Photography it is not just a hobby to me, anyway I am not fancy about camera and lenses, they are just a tool for me to make a living, and I don’t have much time to shoot for fun and leisure now.

    I told DCA about how I do products shots with medium and large format camera, last time. I think that’s how you got a wrong picture.

  11. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    hehe after hearing all these maybe i will share mine too...guess i dint define it too well

    i started off 18mths ago when my bro... behyx(daniel) kindda showed me his aussie trip photos...i was captivated at wat photography could do for me... and i tot...my dream is to be a journalist for newsweek some day... tt is if i could.... y not pick up photog since its related... so i picked up my dad's old film slr and toyed ard with it with daniel.... my dream at tt time was to pick up a new skill while still in the army and hope tt with tt i could hitch my dream job w it in the v far future

    slowly i became more interested in portraits .... and since then about a year ago...all i have ever been doin was portraits... and sometime inbetween i had another short term aim....to try out full time photography...which i am doing now..though i am not v good..the experience is liberating..... tt is untill school starts at least...

    my long term aim is yet to be achieved..but at this moment i am living my dream, and working towards improving my skills(which i tink are still v weak) to achieve my long term aim...

    cheers...
    Witness
    i will count the days, mths and years for you. Must let me knw when 2019 reach....

    As for me, "touch ppl"
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  12. #32
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,601

    Default

    as Canon's philosophy says - Kyosei - for the good of all.

    i intend to get shots that document things that happen only once. still have a long way to go though.

  13. #33

    Default

    Original goal was to shoot myself pictures for my parents since P&S cams always
    out of focus. Then realized that it made possible to get to know ppl. Still then
    wanted to shoot nice pictures and show off online. P) First goal accomplished,
    2nd & 3rd ongoing.

  14. #34

    Default

    Shoot celebrities.

  15. #35

    Default

    relax my mind..

    i don't know, time seems to be never enough and tiredness doesn't wear in so fast when taking photos..

  16. #36

    Default

    i started off wanting to freelance and pro and all the what-nots.

    but just about 1 year on, i felt the best satisfaction came from shooting common everyday stuff in a different light that any viewer (including myself!) will always sort pause for a gasp to that odd-angled but strangely alluring perspective captured.

    i liken this whole interaction thingy to a new singer performing a remake of an old song in his or her unique tones and colours..a very different but always captivating touch.

    to say it for someone, who dont apprec photog perhaps as much as we do, its also like channeling "Bo-Liao-ness" in a creative manner!
    Last edited by itisnottheendorg; 14th July 2005 at 09:41 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •