Thread: Black listed shop of SLS

Default Black listed shop of SLS

Went down today to get my xD card for my F10 as AP doesn't have stock for it and i desperately need one right away.The agony of having the camera and not using it was so unbearable that i just got to get one.

Did my studies before i went down to SLS today.there are a lot of shops that just insist that fuji and oly are the same offer same price for both.i know fuji is cheaper.

Didn't bother to entertain them and the other shops.worse offer gotten was $135 for fuji 512xD.second floor right infront of you when you got out of the escalator.

This is the worse shop i have came across at SLS.Shop name camer corner.I went in and ask for the price of 512 xD and was given a price of $115 for fuji.I said "wow, $115 ah" and he reply "if inside got cheaper offer you go inside and buy lah".I was totally piss off.I replied that "inside does have better offer than you" and i walk off but before i walk away i stood outside the shop infront of him,took out my handphone and point at his shops name and store into my handphone.gave him a last stare plus grin and walk off.

Why do they have to ruin their reputation just for a miserably few $10 over dollars.doesn't they know goodwill takes years to develope and 5 minutes to ruin it all.I dont mind that they give high price for their item but piss their customers off is totally imature business like.
    Last edited by rapala_fisher; 10th July 2005 at 11:44 PM.

2nd floor 1st shop near escalator... sounds familiar. I remember canvassing for a Fuji camera 2 years ago. They offer a ridiculously lowest price but I wanna check other shop first since I did not know the average price yet. When I went back, they said they changed their mind and my money is just peanuts to them.

wow.. feels like they thrive on pissing off customers! wooo! well done!
    Canon 300D, 30D, 5D. 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS

should have come up with a sticky for blacklisted shops.All these shops really think they can get away with it by cheating and pissing off customers but little that they know they are messing with the wrong people.

They think they cheated us or piss us off and will get away with it......think again......

Willing buyer, willing seller. In these cases, obviously the seller is not willing... Go somewhere lor...

Quite typical for SLS, conman city. you'd be suprised how many shops you can't even get a straight answer to the question"how much is this?". Long time ago one shop tried to con me by quoting me $28 for a 52 to 55mm step up ring(I think) and telling me that its very hard to find them, esp metal ones. (Later got a hoya one from somewhere for less than half that price) Go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by rapala_fisher
    s

They think they cheated us or piss us off and will get away with it......think again......
    To them it's a number game....

do you reward good service? or like some here must be cheapest no service never mind?

dude..dont buy camera items from SLS. prices there are abit too high.
    but then again the kingston elitepro 1gb and 2gb cf card prices are still quite ok.. lol

vince123123
    Guests

If the shops the same one we're thinking about, I once went there to and saw some Sanyo rechargeable batteries being sold for I think $16 for 2....

Those ah bengs/ah lians/lau aunties/chao uncles want big transactions lah. More $ to meet their sales targets more commission mah. And some more, Singaporeans like to bargain until they earn only $5 or $10 from the sale. Must think from their viewpoint and it would be more 'enjoyable' shopping in SLS.

vince123123
    Guests

Oops sorry wrong thread, this is NOT the same shop :P

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    If the shops the same one we're thinking about, I once went there to and saw some Sanyo rechargeable batteries being sold for I think $16 for 2....