Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: #4 Beachwear + Elegant Feast!

Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    no worries darling, i'll think about this one, even tho i never go for paid (as in i have to pay) shoots before.. but sibeh sian shoot wedding all the time.. so need a "break".

either way, upz for u, hope this one is a success!
    you still can go for pub shooting ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Hi Mel, upz for you! All de Best!

Default Why no one ask Calvin Klein?

Or the Versace family?

Why their boutique apparels so expensive when i can get similar products at ice kachang price in Chinatown?

Why dont you do the breakdown for them Accountant, maybe then you'll realise, this shoot isn't so marked up afterall.

And xxxger, surely you only buy clothes from ThisFashion isn't it? Coz you obviously wont let Zara and Guess make their profit from you.

They say JIANG TAI GONG DIAO YU, YUAN ZE SHANG GOU.
    (Fisherman Jiang goes fishing, fishes willingly bait.)

Quit doing the maths. This is a photography forum, not a Mensa site.

Big shoot, im also concerned if the fotographers can get quality shots coz sometimes, quantity is not quality.

Upzz for Mel.
    www.miatan.com
    blog.miatan.com

Quote Originally Posted by reannemia
    Or the Versace family?

Why their boutique apparels so expensive when i can get similar products at ice kachang price in Chinatown?

Why dont you do the breakdown for them Accountant, maybe then you'll realise, this shoot isn't so marked up afterall.

And xxxger, surely you only buy clothes from ThisFashion isn't it? Coz you obviously wont let Zara and Guess make their profit from you.

Big shoot, im also concerned if the fotographers can get quality shots coz sometimes, quantity is not quality.

Upzz for Mel.
    Kekeke.... u r so funny..

Quote Originally Posted by The Accountant
    And please no need to attack me, I did register specifically to post this response, in order to protect everyone close to me.
    Wanna join, join. Don't wanna join then don't join. Still have time to talk so much and do all the calculations. Its better to keep all your comments to yourself.

Deregistered

Or the Versace family?

Upzz for Mel.

Hehe ... actually very paiseh, cos i no have any clothing from This Fashion lor ... but .... , if i know my body well, a $10 top and a $10 bottom, already enough for me to cover my bad points, and show my good points, that is the correct way of dressing too

But, if some low-QC clothing instead of selling at ice kachang rate, are sold at $180 per piece, the This fashion owner of course will red eye lar ...

(i stop here) ...

hehe ... maybe i shall start a new discussion on model shot .... if not, if alot photographers all wake up liao, .... then is not very nice

well perhaps i touch on the quality of the models here...most of them dun seem new to either photoshoots or CS...so i guess participants should feel safe knowing tt they are experienced with photoshoots.... i suppose they are pretty natural in front of the camera too....some photogs have already given testimony to this....

as for who join and who doesnt...its a free market out there....juz let the photographers decide for themselves... maybe mel could organize a get together session with the photographers after the shoot to access photos or sth.... there should defn be some more exp photogs who would join i suppose

yup and the location definately has lots of scenes in it to play ard with...i enquired.... depending on time of day...the lighitng there should be quite cool too...haha..

upz for mel......

cheers!!

Or the Versace family?

Upzz for Mel.
    This has been the best analogy i've seen so far! Thanks so much dear!

Anyway, let's try to move on even with pests in the way. They aren't worth our time. Esp when we know they can't afford to buy decent clothes and are here only to practice their math.

Ashleyy, Venom, Knight Ong and Joho: thanks for ur support!

Impt notes:
    1) This shoot will not be at a beach as it'll be too hot.
    2) I'm NOT handling this shoot by myself. Assistants provided.

Group 1:
    1) --reserve-- (JL)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Group 2:
    1) --reserve-- (HG)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Group 3:
    1) --reserve-- (ER)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Group 4:
    1) --reserve-- (SM)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Group 5:
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Group 6:
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Group 7:
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Group 8:
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Interested parties, pls feel free to PM me!

Uppzzz for mel in the late morning!

Oh btw, Accountant, i think there's a very crucial maths problem i need solved.

Did you guys see Straits Times Home section today?

NKF is MAKING SO MUCH FREAKING MONEY, it can dish out 12 months performance bonus to their top executives!! AND! it's at 50K a MONTH.

geez.

Sorry. OT liao.
    www.miatan.com
    blog.miatan.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Accountant
    On the surface, the 8 models shoot appeared to be an excellent deal. OP herself had conveniently pointed out that if you sign up early & together with a friend, you pay $140, and itís only $17.50 per model. Wow, what a price!

OP is promising 20 minutes per model. That is not bad, but if you divide up the time among the 5 photographers, itís only 4 minutes of equivalent 1 on 1 shooting timel. That is very little time. Actually, bothering no time to shoot!

Shooting Time:
    OP will argue that that you have exactly the same amount of time you have with the typical shoot with 1 model. . With only 4 minutes per model, you are better off just fire away as fast as you can.

At the end of the day, the shoot will be extremely disjointed. There will be no time to think about any shots. You will have to be a machine gun and hope for that lucky shot. Oh, you mean snap shots, yes, you are right!

Cost:

Letís add up the cost Ė 8 models will cost $2,000, 3 MUAs will cost $300, 8 assistants will cost $240, others $200, the total is $2,740. Add a mark up profit for the organizer, after all, no one is expected to do something for nothing, letís use 50% margin, that is $1,370. The grand total will be $4,110.

Just my 2 cents. Melissa, I wish you luck with this event!

The Accountant

And please no need to attack me, I did register specifically to post this response, in order to protect everyone close to me.
    Accountant,

Your analysis is very detailed and I am sure you spend some time and thought working on it. However, whoever said anything about who is making how much money here?

As long as a organiser is confident of rollling out a shoot charge whatever they want and filling up the participants; thats their posse.

We as potential participants are free to make our choice. This is a FREE market aint it? As consumers, we are given the freedom of choice to choose how and where we spend our hard earned money.

In this case, as long as the photog is happy and confident with being able to shoot 8 models and get the shots they want out of this shoot. Your post is redundant. At the end of the day. As long as the percieved value for each participant is catered to. I am sure everyone will go away a happy shooter/organiser/model. How can you to comment how much the models n org make anyway. Unless you are....?

upz for a truly innovative shoot Melissa.

Octane69

ps.
    Accountant
    Who instigated you? Competitor? Or a Unhappy contributor?

Up for mel in the afternoon! Guys, please give ur full support to mel as she is a good organiser and deserve to be the outstanding one in cs, all the hardwork and things she done will make history in cs soon.

300n

Default Thanks so much guys! :D This is from the bottom of my heart!

Impt notes:

Group 1:
    1) --reserve-- (JL)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Group 2:
    1) --reserve-- (HG)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Group 3:
    1) --reserve-- (ER)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Group 4:
    1) --reserve-- (SM)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Group 5:
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Group 6:
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Group 7:
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Group 8:
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Deregistered

I go there hug the models and pose with them can?

Upz upz. Pity I'm rather tied up with work & life lately.

Up for u Mel...too bad I overseas
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon
    Up for u Mel...too bad I overseas
    Thanks! There's always another time.

Anyway, for those who gave feedback on issues and concerns abt the nature of the shoot, my partner and I are looking into it and trying to alter it as according to ur advises. Do bear wth me for now, I'll post up the changes soon. Thanks.

Impt notes:

Group 1:
    1) --reserve-- (JL)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Group 2:
    1) --reserve-- (HG)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Group 3:
    1) --reserve-- (ER)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Group 4:
    1) --reserve-- (SM)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Group 5:
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Group 6:
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Group 7:
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Group 8:
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

I think moderators should not OT on this thread. If the moderators wants to discuss about the motives of accountant, please do so by opening a new thread in Kopitiam. Personally, I think accountant did less OT then the moderators when he / she / it break down the cost. At least he/she/it is still done within the sphere of the thread, while the moderators are discussing about accountant.

Let Melissa do her shoot in peace. How much she earns is not of anybody's concern, as long as she felt the price is justificable and the attendees felt ok, it is their business.

Quote Originally Posted by blurblock
    I think moderators should not OT on this thread. If the moderators wants to discuss about the motives of accountant, please do so by opening a new thread in Kopitiam. Personally, I think accountant did less OT then the moderators when he / she / it break down the cost. At least he/she/it is still done within the sphere of the thread, while the moderators are discussing about accountant.

Let Melissa do her shoot in peace. How much she earns is not of anybody's concern, as long as she felt the price is justificable and the attendees felt ok, it is their business.
    You are right.

I will remove the moderators' posts and appologize on behalf of Wolfgang, Goondu and myself.
    Last edited by roygoh; 13th July 2005 at 09:39 AM.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    I think too many models... difficult to coordinate... moreover you are still paying 150-170 for 3 hours shoot....
    Well... I have refrained to post in this thread since my earlier comments was deemed as male chauvinist!

However, heck since she's calling me a judgemental male chauvinist for no apparent reasons and blaming me for messing her thread and not commenting on other people's thread. i see no reason why i cannot post since the forum is public and i am expressing my opinion.

Sure, i can register another nick, perhaps ACCOUNTANT II but i don;t see the need to hide as i have nothing to hide. AM i angry, sure, HELL YES!

What i have pointed out is that it is diffidult to coordinate.
    I am just being concerned that the photogs and organisers may have difficulty in organising and shooting since there's 8 models and 40 photogs. Sure, i may not matter to me as i am not interested in joining this particular shoot but surely i am allow to say what i felt is true and is entitled to my own opinion.- how is that male chauvinist?

Another thing i mentioned is that you are paying 150-180 for 3 hr shoot. IS that wrong? Isn't that the amount you charged? At least i hvae the decency not to say it's expensive and did not give a detail analysis like ACCOUNTANT to proved that it is indeed expensive compared to other shoots.

I will do a simple illustration. A norml shoot with 1 model will costs about S$50/photogs for 6 photogs, lasting 3hrs. Effectively, each photogs will shoot the model (assuming take turns) for 30mins each for S$50. This roughly translate to S$1.67/min.

Based on your price of say S$140 (i took the lowest already so as not to embarassess you) You have 8 models but 40 photogs meaning 5 photogs to one model for 3 hours. Effectively, it means each photogs can shoot any 1 model (assuming take turns) for 36mins for S$140. This roughly translate to S$3.89/min or 133% more EXPENSIVE.

Sure, you can argue that your models are better, paid more, makeup artist are paid more, you want to earn more. I do not dispute that and in fact i fully agree if you can earn it and there's enough interest, i am happy for you.

But please do not insult me by calling me a JUDGEMENTAL MALE CHAUVINIST. All i did is pointing out the facts.

That's it... i am not interested in the thread and do not wish to comment further.

Mods, if you think this message is OT/Inappropriate, feel free to delete it. I do not wish to send her in PM because she insulted me despite the fact that i replied nicely to her in PM. So it's tit for tac as far as i am concerned.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast